Chaos Flurry

The jewel corruption gives increased leech per second. It doesn't give actual leech.
Vagan Claw is probably the best route for more leech. Claw nodes are better as well.
An update on my progress with the build:
Completed T16 Hydra, Phoenix and Minotaur. Only Hydra was problematic due to his poison immunity and resist chaos. Took me about 13 minutes and three deaths while Phoenix and Minotaur went down in less than a couple of minutes. Note this is the first time I've attempted the guardians so an experienced player should have a much easier time.

Killed Chayula.

Attempted Uber Atziri and Shaper. This being my first time as well, you could guess it didn't go so well. I'll spare everyone the details but I can safely say that the build's DPS was not an issue.

Some questions people have been asking me:
"
Which is better? Mortem Morsu or a well rolled malicious claw with a voidheart?

Mortem Morsu is way better if you don't have relic voidheart. Plus it's really cheap. (Tested in-game and on Path of Building). I'm working on obtaining a relic voidheart, will update once I obtain one, so I'm basing this on Path of Building calculations instead.
"
Is Hungry Abyss mandatory?

I have not tested this extensively but probably not. The new claw nodes suffice but I also recommend an Atziri's Promise if you want that leeching goodness.
"

Mortem Morsu is way better if you don't have relic voidheart. Plus it's really cheap. (Tested in-game and on Path of Building). I'm working on obtaining a relic voidheart, will update once I obtain one, so I'm basing this on Path of Building calculations instead.

Have you tried well rolled Malicious claw crafted with "Hits cause bleeding" ? With that and a regular void heart with 40% poison you will have a 80% chance to poison due Noxious Strike. Potentially 90% with perfect poison roll voidheart. Do you think this would outperform mortem morsu without have to go legacy voidheart?

Shaper down on my 2nd run!
Had a friend help cull at 15% (two portals remaining). I had culling strike ready and doing 5% on a single portal did not seem unreasonable, but I did not want to risk the run.
Gear used:

Doedre's Damning for applying two curses. Note I did not use hungry abyss.
Killed Uber Atziri today. More or less done with the build.
Got myself

The build now absolutely destroys Shaper, did a run today without using extra portals. Definitely consider it as an end game item.
You can definitely do all content on Mortem Morsu (I did it and it's my first time killing guardians,Uber Aztiri and Shaper!). It just takes longer so you have to dodge more.
Okay so since a few others have posted updates, I will as well. Successfully multi modded my dagger, upgraded my jewels, moved some stuff around on the tree. I am able to complete all 4 guardians with ease for the most part. Still having an issue with shaper, have not gotten to Uber Atziri yet. I have 5 corrupted, hungry abyss, 2.14% life leech from physical attacks, 4.69 attacks per second, .77% mana leech per second, 1270-1909 chaos damage. I've adapted my tree in so many different ways and I feel like im still not experiencing the full potential to this buiild. Am I missing or doing something wrong? I can definitely feel a difference since my upgrades, and know i have a bit more that could be done, but this build should definitely be able to complete shaper fast enough. I have almost 10k es. I really want to experience the full potential of this build, but would like to try to fix this BEFORE i waste another shaper set. Any and all suggestions welcome, build is public look it over please.
"
KaseyM21 wrote:

Have you tried well rolled Malicious claw crafted with "Hits cause bleeding" ? With that and a regular void heart with 40% poison you will have a 80% chance to poison due Noxious Strike. Potentially 90% with perfect poison roll voidheart. Do you think this would outperform mortem morsu without have to go legacy voidheart?

I didn't test this out in game since I've obtained a legacy voidheart. Not sure how to test it in Path of Building either. Sorry!

"
Okay so since a few others have posted updates, I will as well. Successfully multi modded my dagger, upgraded my jewels, moved some stuff around on the tree. I am able to complete all 4 guardians with ease for the most part. Still having an issue with shaper, have not gotten to Uber Atziri yet. I have 5 corrupted, hungry abyss, 2.14% life leech from physical attacks, 4.69 attacks per second, .77% mana leech per second, 1270-1909 chaos damage. I've adapted my tree in so many different ways and I feel like im still not experiencing the full potential to this buiild. Am I missing or doing something wrong? I can definitely feel a difference since my upgrades, and know i have a bit more that could be done, but this build should definitely be able to complete shaper fast enough. I have almost 10k es. I really want to experience the full potential of this build, but would like to try to fix this BEFORE i waste another shaper set. Any and all suggestions welcome, build is public look it over please.

Your gear is extremely close to mine. I've swapped your weapon with a malicious dagger and a lycosidae and gained almost 200k dps. Swapping with my current claw and lycosidae, we have identical dps.

In fact, even a Mortem Morsu and lycosidae yields more damage. I can't give a concrete reason why a vagan dagger doesn't work (I know, it's not what Dan claims). Keep in mind these calculations were done in Path of Building.
Last edited by Defnartly on Mar 17, 2017, 8:21:40 AM
Ok, I just did Minotaur for the first time yesterday, and although I killed him, it was a mess.
You can see from my gear ( character Shaped_Factory) that my gems are not 20/20 yet ( most are 19, but bought a 20/20 BF and added chaos).

Do you think a Mortem Morsu with some tree changes would help ?

I'm sort of on a budget so for now a legacy Voidheart is out of sight.

I was thinking about replacing the dagger with Mortem Morsu, and use a 'regular' ring instead of voidheart to make gearing around a bit more flexible ( i.e. AS on gloves, Ms on boots or so).

What do guys think ?

Edit : did change to claws, since I hit attack speed on a malicious one :)
It's waaay better ! Would still love feedback on the char from people who did shaper with the build.

Last edited by Bahuuba on Mar 23, 2017, 1:33:08 PM
I would definitely craft hits cause bleeding on claw and use void heart if you don't have a legacy one. This boosted my dps by quite a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info