Chaos Flurry

Probably the best build in 2.5 imo. Does all content on HC, and by all content I literally mean all content. Uber atziri/Shaper/All guardians/Uber lab are all a cake walk for this build.
Thanks to Yovu for coming up with the original idea and sharing it with me.

There are a few ways you can do this build:

Note: Bandits for all versions are Kill/Kraityn/Alira

Budget

This version utilises the Hungry Abyss Jewel so you'll need to be equipping 5 corrupted items.

Gear
Weapon: Corrupted Mortem Morsu unique claw
Shield: Corrupted Lycosidae unique shield
Helm: Malachai's Vision or Rare ES/resists helmet
Body: 5L ES + Res piece
Gloves: ES + Res gloves (preferably with attack speed)
Boots: ES + Res + MS
Belt: ES + Str + Res + flask mod
Rings: ES + Res + Chaos damage to attacks(crafted)
Amulet: Corrupted Eye of Chayula
Notes
To meet the requirements of Hungry Abyss you'll need to corrupt 1 or 2 rare pieces of gear. I recommend belt and/or gloves as you can get a belt with desirable mods on a crappy base for relatively cheap, or really just corrupt whatever cheap gear you can find.

Passive Tree
Level 94

Gem Links
5L: Blade flurry - Added Chaos Damage - Void Manipulation - Increased Area of Effect - Increased Critical Strikes (6th link is Faster Attacks)
4L: Spell totem - Increased Duration - Wither - Faster Casting
4L: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Power Charge on Critical
4L: Discipline - Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Vaal Lightning Trap
3L: Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline
2L + 1L: Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call and Blood Rage
Notes:
Swap in Concentrated Effect over Increased Area of Effect for Boss fights
Only Blasphemy - Enfeeble need to be linked, Also I swap in flame dash for mapping over Vaal Lightning Trap.
I find it better not to link Blood Rage to CwDT so you can better control when it is up, Also these links are best in the shield/dagger so you can shield swap to drop blood rage when not in combat.

Chaos Dagger + Lycosidae

This version utilises the Hungry Abyss Jewel so you'll need to be equipping 5 corrupted items.
This version will give you more dps as a trade off for less energy shield.

Gear
Weapon: Multimodded Rare Ambusher with the Malicious Roll, Attack Speed, Crit and Life leech
Shield: Corrupted Lycosidae unique shield
Body: 6L ES + Res piece
Gloves: ES + Res gloves (preferably with attack speed, life leech is also good here)
Ring: ES + Res + Chaos damage to attacks(crafted)
Ring: Corrupted Voidheart preferably with high rolls (40%+ bleed, 35%+ poison)
Notes
You can use a Multimodded Elreon ring instead to make mana sustain easier

If not using an Elreon ring you'll want atleast 0.4% phys damage leeched as mana on either a jewel or your dagger if you have a spare prefix AND a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit
With an Elreon ring you only need 0.4% phys damage leeched as mana somewhere.

Gear Example

Passive Tree
Level 95

Gem Links
6L: Blade flurry - Added Chaos Damage - Void Manipulation - Increased Area of Effect - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Damage

Vagan Dagger

This version will give you more ES as a trade off for less dps.
Very similar to the above "Chaos Dagger with Lycosidae" except gearing is slightly easier.

Gear
Weapon: Multimodded Vagan Dagger with Attack speed, Crit and Life leech
Shield: ES + Res shield with reduced DoT taken craft (if you can fit it in)
Gloves: ES + Res gloves (preferably with attack speed, life leech is also good here)
Ring: ES + Res + Chaos damage to attacks(crafted)
Ring: Corrupted Voidheart preferably with high rolls (40%+ bleed, 35%+ poison)
Notes
You can use a Multimodded Elreon ring instead to make mana sustain easier

If not using an Elreon ring you'll want atleast 0.4% phys damage leeched as mana on either a jewel or your dagger if you have a spare prefix AND a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit
With an Elreon ring you only need 0.4% phys damage leeched as mana somewhere.

You'll need to corrupt an additional rare piece of gear to make up for not having Lycosidae. I recommend gloves but it comes down to what you can afford to vaal, shield is a decent option too.

Gear Example

Passive Tree
Level 95

Gem Links
6L: Blade flurry - Added Chaos Damage - Void Manipulation - Increased Area of Effect - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Damage

Skyforths with Duelist leech

This version doesn't need the Hungry Abyss jewel so you don't have to corrupt your gear!
Very tanky. I had 14K energy shield and skyforths allow you to use Arctic armour.
Expensive and Hard to gear though as you need accuracy rolls on your gear.

Gear
Weapon: Multimodded Rare Ambusher with the Malicious Roll, Attack Speed, Crit and Bleeding on Hit
Shield: ES + Res + Mana shield with reduced DoT taken craft (if you can fit it in)
Helm: Blade flurry radius Hubris with High ES/Res and Mana
Gloves: ES + Res gloves (preferably with attack speed, Mana is also good here)
Belt: ES + Res + flask mod
Rings: %Chaos damage/Accuracy/Resists/Mana/%ES/Flat ES/Chaos damage to attacks
Amulet: %Chaos damage/Accuracy/Crit Multi/Crit Chance/Resists/Mana/%ES/Flat ES/Chaos damage to attacks

Notes
Multimod is pretty good on the rings as it's impossible to get chaos damage to attacks and %increased ES otherwise.

Example Gear

Notes
I had 2K mana with this gear (with a jewel that gave 8% mana), which I'd say makes you pretty much stun immune. You can easily get away with less mana but I wouldn't go below 1.5K personally.

Passive Tree
Level 95

Gem Links
4L: Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline - Vaal Lightning Trap/Flame dash
4L: Discipline - Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Arctic Armour
3L: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Notes:

Skyforths Vagan Dagger Hungry Abyss

The best version of the build imo.
13K+ ES with arctic armour and maximum AoE.

Gear
Weapon: Multimodded Vagan Dagger with Attack speed, Crit and Life leech
Shield: ES + Res + Mana with reduced DoT taken craft (if you can fit it in)
Helm: Blade flurry radius Hubris with High ES/Res & Mana
Gloves: ES + Res gloves with Life leech & Attack speed
Ring: %Chaos damage + Resist Multimodded with Flat ES/%ES and Chaos damage to attacks
Ring: Corrupted Voidheart
Amulet: %Chaos damage/Crit Multi/Crit Chance/Resists/%ES/Flat ES/Chaos damage to attacks
Notes
The tricky part about gearing this build is that you don't have many easily corruptable items.

My Gear

Notes

Passive Tree
Level 97

Gem Links
4L: Vaal Haste - Increased Duration - Vaal Discipline - Vaal Lightning Trap/Flame dash
4L: Discipline - Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Arctic Armour
3L: Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Notes:

Jewels, Flasks and other things

Jewel stats you're looking for are (in order of value imo)
Chaos damage, Area damage, Dagger attack speed, Damage, Elemental Resists, Life leech, Other attack speed mods.
Additionally you can get mana leech and mana gained on hit on a jewel or two to help sustain mana.

My Flask setup is always:

Explanation:
Diamond flask is a lot of dps as you'll be around 70% crit chance so it will almost cap your crit.
Sulphur flask is 52% increased damage with flask nodes, this damage double dips. Best dps flask you can get.
Silver flask is really nice for clear speed.
Basalt flask for survivability.

I like to get the Of Heat and Of Grounding suffixes on my diamond/sulphur flask as these flasks have the most uses and freeze/shock are the immunities you want to have up 100% of the time.

If you can't afford a Dying Sun you can use Atziri's Promise for additional leech or any other flask really.
Vinktars isn't a bad idea but vaal lightning trap provides shock on bosses anyway and the shock aura isn't that impactful while mapping.

Screenshots

Offensive stats with vagan dagger
Offensive stats with malicious dagger + lycosidae
Note: This is on my level 97 guy in standard with the skyforths version of the build(no duelist leech) and is in hideout without blood rage on.

Last edited by PoEDan79 on Feb 2, 2017, 4:20:00 PM
Last bumped on May 30, 2017, 3:59:31 PM
Looks promising.. Do you have any gameplay videos of the endgame?
How is this build compared to a ED build in general? Like pros and cons
can budget version beat all content or just skyforth version can do ?
Thanks for writing this up Dan. Surprised it hasnt gotten more attention
Maybe stupid question, but can you do the skyforth + duellist leech Version with vagan dagger?
"
Luzi_ wrote:
Maybe stupid question, but can you do the skyforth + duellist leech Version with vagan dagger?

Yea you can, problem is you don't really gain much. You lose dps overall and you only gain 3 passive points that are otherwise spent on accuracy. However it will make gearing easier so if you can't get enough accuracy and if you don't have a nice malicious ambusher using a vagan dagger is fine.
"
kroch35 wrote:
can budget version beat all content or just skyforth version can do ?

You can do all content in the game with a multimodded dagger (vagan or malicious) and a level 20/20 added chaos gem as long as you've got enough leech (but then you can just use atziri's promise which solves that).

I did shaper on day 5 and uber atziri on day 6 in BHC with the malicious dagger + lycosidae version.

As for the mortem morsu version I havn't tried it myself but I know a guy who did uber atziri on SC with it, and I'm fairly certain it'd be possible in HC too. And yea it'd do shaper easily as shaper is easier than uber atziri.
Last edited by PoEDan79 on Jan 24, 2017, 9:08:15 PM
"
PoEDan79 wrote:
"
Luzi_ wrote:

Yea you can, problem is you don't really gain much. You lose dps overall and you only gain 3 passive points that are otherwise spent on accuracy. However it will make gearing easier so if you can't get enough accuracy and if you don't have a nice malicious ambusher using a vagan dagger is fine.

Thx for your answer. Got another question since i am really not an expert in crafting, how is it possible to get such rings as yours (%chaos dmg, add chaos dmg to attack, ele resistances, %energy shield and maximum energy shield). I was looking to craft them myself but i want to do it the right way. Maybe you could explain to me how to do them. Thx again.
About how much leech felt good for you when not using Atziri?

Also would highly recommend this build to anyone, it's great. Still using the claw version till I get a good ES shield and sort out some resists for the ring swap but it still does amazing.

If you're leveling this build I highly recommend leveling 3-4 extra added chaos gems with it (and maybe some BF gems) for the corrupt later.
Last edited by robotuprising on Jan 25, 2017, 4:05:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info