[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
khoi14021993 wrote:
A few notes after playing this build into red maps:
- Spiked gloves doesn't benefit molten burst, only gripped gloves does.

- Sibyl's Lament is an awesome ring with this build (reflect dmg reduction, wed, added fire dmg, a bit of life). With it and Primeval Force, I don't even notice reflect rares.

- Arctic Armour is also worth considering if you're having trouble with reflect.
- Any melee damage modifier should be avoided, since Molten Burst is only considered as a projectile (for example jewel mods).

Also I have a question: How significant is The Taming for this build (and maybe in general)? I've never quite wrapped my head around that item.

pop a lions roar and see what it does to the molten balls
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 15, 2017, 11:25:18 PM
"
khoi14021993 wrote:

- Sibyl's Lament is an awesome ring with this build (reflect dmg reduction, wed, added fire dmg, a bit of life). With it and Primeval Force, I don't even notice reflect rares.

- Arctic Armour is also worth considering if you're having trouble with reflect.
- Any melee damage modifier should be avoided, since Molten Burst is only considered as a projectile (for example jewel mods).

Also I have a question: How significant is The Taming for this build (and maybe in general)? I've never quite wrapped my head around that item.

Thank you for your input! Sibyl's Lament will be a great ring for players who play HC too.

Arctic Armour will not be useful because you only benefit from the reduction if you are stationary. For this build, you will be moving most of the time.

The Taming needs to couple with Emberwake for it's full potential. They work best against bosses with huge life pool. In regular mapping, you will not benefit much from them because mobs just get 1 shot most of the time.

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
So far so good xD This is the first time i manage to reach the DPS of the post's owner. I'm currenly 87 with only 5k8 HP ( probably 6K after 90 ). So ToH is only for dmg mitigration right ?

Taste of Hate also provides damage because Avatar of Fire (Xoph's Blood) converts 50% of the converted cold damage to fire.

"

@khoi14021993 is right on the melee damage modifier on jewels. Molten Burst does not benefit from it.

You can perform a simple test using jewel that only has melee damage on it. Check Molten Burst damage with 1 empty socket. Place the melee damage jewel in and observe Molten Burst damage again. You should see it remains unchanged.

Lion's Roar is a weird case here. Molten Burst benefits from Lion's Roar because of the physical damage component that it provides.
Some input:

This build is pretty fun, although in reds it seemed way too squishy for my tastes (at 6,2k life with a 6L carcass). I played around with gear, and came up with this:

Dropping Carcass Jack, moving Cyclone to gloves crafted with Essence of Insanity for a pseudo-5L (16% MORE attack speed) enables a Kaom's Chest; Get Marauder start life over the weird armour/regen/5% life wheel between templar and marauder. This means a nice 8k Life without all that much noticeable loss of clearspeed outside of boss encounters. Much preferable to getting oneshot to Volatiles in my book :)

Here is what I am running around with now (I started the league late, so very far from good):

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA48FCAUTRRxFHUYkRjbGjghVSFgIq8j0ycgJy8nnyz7LlMyfjWSOFM5DjpSOtg64Tu2PAU8LUCgR35N41BHXhNfOV8_YVJlTWZUZ5toZWjybyd07XTxdqx253rvfNmCB4Kbg1-DzITZhO-FUoV7haeGYIa0h2qKIorwjM-PYJBVkGyXeZo7mmqbLZ_fogCkwqU1plepJ6mUrY2uPq9ssKuygLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbApsSCxq7PftNv2L3ZYdl82sHcPeRR6hjrCew47w7vTu988B_yQfJF8931YfZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==?accountName=Inkompetentia&characterName=Schulzzug
Last edited by Inkompetentia on Mar 16, 2017, 1:40:21 AM
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
khoi14021993 wrote:

Thank you for your input! Sibyl's Lament will be a great ring for players who play HC too.

Arctic Armour will not be useful because you only benefit from the reduction if you are stationary. For this build, you will be moving most of the time.

The Taming needs to couple with Emberwake for it's full potential. They work best against bosses with huge life pool. In regular mapping, you will not benefit much from them because mobs just get 1 shot most of the time.

I forgot that AA requires you to stand still haha. If so I'm in a bit of a dilemma since I still have 50+% unreserved mana that I don't know what to use on. Any recommendation?

"

About Lion's roar, it works because it modifies your damage based on damage type (physical), while melee/proj damage (on spiked and gripped gloves for example) modifies your damage based on delivery method, which in Molten Burst case is projectile. I've checked and only gripped gloves increases my Molten Burst dmg.

EDIT: Actually after trying it out, it seems Lion's Roar gives a rater minimal dps boost for Molten Burst (9500 -> 9800) compared to Taste of hate (9500 -> 10000), and surprisingly a blue sulphur flask gives me the highest boost (9500 -> 10200). Seems like a weird interaction with Molten Burst.
Last edited by khoi14021993 on Mar 16, 2017, 4:52:28 AM
Last league i did a slayer cyclone just to farm Uber Lab. I was doing it again, but i came up with this build and think "maybe i should try this one, is cheap as the other, but i dunno if it's so effective".

What do you (who is playing with it) has to say? Is it good to farm Uber Lab?

Because i did really well with a WoE Cyclone Slayer (Mannistab's guide), with his build i never died (usually i had problems with Lieutenants, i lost some keys because i didn't have enough damage to kill Izaro fast before kill one of the Lieutenants together)
Last edited by TiagoRox on Mar 16, 2017, 9:12:29 AM
It took me a few times dying to the traps and izaro/argus before i started to get used to the lab. I didnt run the charge disruptors but i do run conduits. Pop a freeze flask and final izaro is dead before the flask runs out.

Spin through him and watch for telegraphed attacks and youll be fine. Izaro is easy once you get used to him. He cant one shot you with flasks popped. I crafted a basalt flask with increased duration and anti freeze for the conduits phase. Culling strike and executioner make his last phase a joke. Be smart with flasks. The fight doesnt last long enough for his ads to reach you and even if they do molten burst destroys them.

I struggled a lot at first but i think im at 10 or so runs with no deaths, minimum of 3 keys per run. 4 with todays lab.

Use a stone golem or vitality for the traps.
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 16, 2017, 9:20:57 AM
"
It took me a few times dying to the traps and izaro/argus before i started to get used to the lab. I didnt run the charge disruptors but i do run conduits. Pop a freeze flask and final izaro is dead before the flask runs out.

Spin through him and watch for telegraphed attacks and youll be fine. Izaro is easy once you get used to him. He cant one shot you with flasks popped. I crafted a basalt flask with increased duration and anti freeze for the conduits phase. Culling strike and executioner make his last phase a joke. Be smart with flasks. The fight doesnt last long enough for his ads to reach you and even if they do molten burst destroys them. Pop your totem so even if you get teleported hes still doing work on izaro in the middle.

I struggled a lot at first but i think im at 10 or so runs with no deaths, minimum of 3 keys per run. 4 with todays lab.

Use a stone golem or vitality for the traps.
Argus is a like a cat and the totem and golem are the shiny things. He attacks them as i rip him apart.
I found that spinning through him was more effective and safer than staying close and doing short spins.

All this is with a 5l and very few quality gems
Last edited by Planisphaerium on Mar 16, 2017, 9:27:26 AM
"
Inkompetentia wrote:
Some input:

This build is pretty fun, although in reds it seemed way too squishy for my tastes (at 6,2k life with a 6L carcass). I played around with gear, and came up with this:

Dropping Carcass Jack, moving Cyclone to gloves crafted with Essence of Insanity for a pseudo-5L (16% MORE attack speed) enables a Kaom's Chest; Get Marauder start life over the weird armour/regen/5% life wheel between templar and marauder. This means a nice 8k Life without all that much noticeable loss of clearspeed outside of boss encounters. Much preferable to getting oneshot to Volatiles in my book :)

Here is what I am running around with now (I started the league late, so very far from good):

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA48FCAUTRRxFHUYkRjbGjghVSFgIq8j0ycgJy8nnyz7LlMyfjWSOFM5DjpSOtg64Tu2PAU8LUCgR35N41BHXhNfOV8_YVJlTWZUZ5toZWjybyd07XTxdqx253rvfNmCB4Kbg1-DzITZhO-FUoV7haeGYIa0h2qKIorwjM-PYJBVkGyXeZo7mmqbLZ_fogCkwqU1plepJ6mUrY2uPq9ssKuygLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbApsSCxq7PftNv2L3ZYdl82sHcPeRR6hjrCew47w7vTu988B_yQfJF8931YfZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==?accountName=Inkompetentia&characterName=Schulzzug

I can't remember when was the last time dying to Volatile mob. You should do fine spinning through them as the large AOE ensure that they will explode away from your character. As long as you don't stay at a location, you should be okay. :)

"
khoi14021993 wrote:

I forgot that AA requires you to stand still haha. If so I'm in a bit of a dilemma since I still have 50+% unreserved mana that I don't know what to use on. Any recommendation?

You can consider running Clarity for more mana regen. ;)

"
TiagoRox wrote:
Last league i did a slayer cyclone just to farm Uber Lab. I was doing it again, but i came up with this build and think "maybe i should try this one, is cheap as the other, but i dunno if it's so effective".

What do you (who is playing with it) has to say? Is it good to farm Uber Lab?

Because i did really well with a WoE Cyclone Slayer (Mannistab's guide), with his build i never died (usually i had problems with Lieutenants, i lost some keys because i didn't have enough damage to kill Izaro fast before kill one of the Lieutenants together)

As mentioned by @Planisphaerium, Uber lab is very easy for this build. You can do Uber lab full key runs all day (except Charge Disruptors days, I will just take out Izaro in that phase asap).

EDIT: Added hardcore section into the guide, sharing @zelihood's experience.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 16, 2017, 11:06:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info