[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Tried to recolor my chest to get 3R (or 3B for ignite) but basically blew like 4k chromes. But I managed to get this in the process:

I've legit spent like 20k chromes combined and saw it once but stupid me was spamming chromes so I overwrote it. Wanted to die.

Chromes are cancer!!!!

Assuming you are going for 3R 2B 1G ? Did you put it into the vorici calculator to see what the best way to get that is ?

If you spent 20k chromes on that you have the worst luck ever.
"
Jonamitsu wrote:
Hey I have a question, if I reskin my Ngamahu with Wings of Entropy will that mess things up? (2H weap nodes)

You mean you want to apply Wing's of Entropy skin onto Ngamahu? It is just a cosmetic change so I don't see why it will mess things up unless there is a bug on POE.

"
LeagueOfUdyr wrote:
Could I possibly spec into Iron Reflexes?

You can if you want to. It is mentioned in the FAQ so check that out. :)

"
Iridian wrote:

I am Using Impresence and the Essence Worm with "Anger". The thing is the 40% increased mana reserved of Essence Worm, oddly reserves 14% Mana for the flammabilty Aura. Is that bugged?

Another Question: What would you say is the minimum Amount of mana you need for the build?

Couldnt you go with the Avatar of Fire skill tree / go for Sovereignty and get extra 14% reserved reduced and then add enfeeble to the Auras ending up with herald of ashes / enfeeble / anger / flammabilty. I would sacrifice the Golem for that.

What keeps me from trying, is that weird 14% reserved for flammabilty Aura when you use Impresence + Essence Worm

I believe the way Impresence interact with Essence Worm works this way:

(35% mana reserve x 1.4) - 35% = 14%

As you can see from above, the 100% reduction is subtracted directly and not taking 1.4 multiplier into account.

Minimum mana required to run the build comfortably will be at least enough mana to perform 3 Cyclone casts in a no mana regen map.

For the setup you mentioned, you will likely need to run with Enlighten 4 and see if that will give you sufficient mana for casting Cyclone.

"
xikorita wrote:
If I am using flammability I should not use Elemental Focus Support right? I have 2 blue slots and I am using Concentrated Effects Support on the other blue on my chest.

Besides the chances to ignite, Flammability also reduces the fire resistance of the mob. So even though you are running Elemental Focus, you will still do more damage.

"
essencevox wrote:
If I don't have a xoph's blood but plan on getting avatar of fire on the skill tree, should I be using anger + herald of ash or flammability + herald of ash? I am using elemental weakness on hit on my glove

If you are using Elemental Weakness on Hit gloves, you can consider running Anger + Herald of Ash.

If you use Impresence amulet, it is strong when coupled with Watcher's Eye (extra fire damage and fire penetration) and you can run Flammability + Anger + Herald of Ash.

And as mentioned by @Rocksteadee, you will need either Belly + Windscream combo or Cospri's Will (or +1 curse corrupted amulet) in order to have dual curses on the mobs. You can check out the recommended gears section on this topic.

"
FrostyJesus wrote:
Is anyone using Widlfire in this build? Is it worth it?

Wildfire does not work with the build as Molten Burst is just the counter part of Molten Strike and it is proc by the weapon.

"
xault wrote:
I've been following this build for a few leagues. Here what pieced together from this thread from other posters characters here.

Gear
Spoiler

Level 85 tree.

I don't have the greatest flask setup at them moment. Done up to t12 maps, Uber Labs, normal Atziri and Lich, all very fast and easy. I am gonna try some T13-15 tonight, maybe even Mino after I get some more Armour nodes and fix my flask setup.

I mainly wanted to try the new items with Ngamahu Cyclone build, and it's been a ton of fun. Movement speed from the normal setup is really the only thing I miss.

Mainly looking for any tips or ideas to min-max my current setup from people that are much better than me at the numbers game. My next few skill points are gonna go into Armour nodes I think.

Dps with only on Herald of Ash on

Molten Burst 8,448.5
Cyclone 41,750
Spirit Burst 2,125

Defense

Armour 3,895
HP 5,500

Thanks.

Nice gears you have over there. You can roll flat physical damage on your Spirit Circle ring.

I would suggest you to recolor your chest to 2R2B1G so that you can run:

Cyclone + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Elemental Focus + Concentrated

That should greatly increase your Cyclone damage.

The draw back with the above setup is that you lose permanent Fortify and you have to link this gem to Leap Slam in order to proc fortify but the damage from it is really huge.

I see that you have picked Vaal Pact on the skill tree, have you try running the build without Vaal Pact?

"
Time2Mosh wrote:
I saw some people mention Bubonic trail, I'm using it now but I can't really tell if Death Walk is hurting me by taking away Cremation targets or not...

Should I be using 1 or the other in regards to Bubonic Trail and CoMK Cremation? Should I just use rare boots ? lol

I would recommend rare boots in this case. :)

"
JrFryta wrote:
so this is my gear that I've killed Shaper/Uber Atziri and Red Elder with:
Spoiler

and just now I have respec'ed to EO jsut to try it out. Since you can have up to 240 accuracy on those new jewels getting to 90% is pretty easy.

Really nice gears you have over there. I see that you cleared the mentioned content on a 5L Bronn too. :)

And you are right. The new Abyssal jewels makes aiming for 90% accuracy for Elemental Overload a lot easier to attain.

Rolls you want to aim for in these jewels will be:

- flat life (Prefix)
- flat physical damage on axe (Prefix)
- accuracy rating (Suffix)
- gain % physical damage as extra fire if you have crit recently (Suffix)
- 2% elemental penetration if you have not kill recently (Suffix)

"
Tried to recolor my chest to get 3R (or 3B for ignite) but basically blew like 4k chromes. But I managed to get this in the process:

Spoiler

I've legit spent like 20k chromes combined and saw it once but stupid me was spamming chromes so I overwrote it. Wanted to die.

Chromes are cancer!!!!

That is ouch when you mis-click and lose the color you wanted. Did you use Vorici bench for 2B? That should be the cheapest way to obtain the color you want on Lightning Coil.

"

I don't even get close to those values using the POB links you provided on the main post (which are horribly outdated and busted btw, I had to go in and fix lots of things to even get them to show proper values). Unfortunately you just linked POEPlanner links above which are pretty useless for the topic of discussion.

I don't see how Primeval is worth it. It's 7 nodes and brings 10% dps to the table. You get the same taking Slaughter and that's only 4 points. If you took 1 point from somewhere and dumped it into Cleaving, you'd boost your dps by 20% for 8 nodes. What am I missing?

Can you post the POB pastebin links for the above so I can take a look? Thanks.

PS: You also forgot to bump the character level to 95 (looks like you just dumped the points into those nodes), so the life pool should be 7245 not 7126, just sayin ;)

Here is the pastebin that you have requested. :)

Basically I just open the 2 poeplanner links and use the [Export] function over there to retrieve the skill tree codes.

Then I use the [Manage Trees] function (the dropdown right next to [Reset] at the bottom) of POB to create a new skill tree. Select this new skill tree and import the skill tree using the codes that I have just copied. Repeat for the other skill tree that I want to import.

Once you have the 2 skill trees imported, you can just choose between: Default (your skill tree) and the other 2 skill trees (in this case, I named them "Tank" and "Primeval") and compare the stats.

And yes, you are right, I forgot to pump the character level to 95. So the life values should have been:

Life with your skill tree: 7245
Life with tank tree in guide: 7395
Life with primeval tree in guide: 6836

Thank you for correcting that. :)

In terms of Primeval Force, is it worth it? I would say it does provide significant damage against Shaper. Even though you will need 7 nodes to get to it, there are 40% life nodes that you can pick up too when you go for Primeval Force.

If we are just comparing nodes to nodes damage difference, Primeval Force cluster (4 points) provide the most damage when you compare it against:

- Cleaving (5 points)
- Slaughter (5 points)
- Wrecking Ball (4 points)
- Executioner (4 points)

"
incidici wrote:
The entire branch for pumping, not having an amulet Xoph, shit.
What is the branch to 55 lvl with Fire avatar ?
And then where and how to pump out, that would have everything you need for the development of the character?

REWORK leveling, PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Once you reach level 55, you will follow the Avatar of Fire skill tree. You can go straight for Avatar of Fire node on the skill tree right after 55 and you will be able to obtain the node when you hit level 64 (with skill book quests).

You have a valid point over there that Avatar of Fire will need its own leveling skill tree too. Thanks for highlighting that. :)
Loving the build so far, loving the projectiles from the axe so satisfying. :D

Just hit 75 not too long ago, was able to finish Uber Lab minus Argus last night, but just keep getting one shotted today. Can anyone have a look at my gear/tree and give me some tips as to what to upgrade? Would appreciate it a lot, this is easily becoming my favorite character.
"
djsplash wrote:

Just hit 75 not too long ago, was able to finish Uber Lab minus Argus last night, but just keep getting one shotted today. Can anyone have a look at my gear/tree and give me some tips as to what to upgrade? Would appreciate it a lot, this is easily becoming my favorite character.

Today the lab has fonts. They curse you. Make you more vulnerable and slow. So you take a LOT more damage from a hit and it is harder to move away when he is going to slam. A tip is to keep circling him with the cyclone, dont stay inside his character model.

I do use a the writhing jar. I find both the mana it gives plus the 2 wurms for overleech GREAT.
"
djsplash wrote:

Having a flask that can "remove curses" would help too regarding the Fonts at lab.
Last edited by kazafz on Dec 21, 2017, 12:21:42 AM
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:

Assuming you are going for 3R 2B 1G ? Did you put it into the vorici calculator to see what the best way to get that is ?

RRRBBG would be ideal yeah, but RRBBBG provides almost the same dps and ups chance to ignite so it actually might pull ahead unless you count boss fights where most can't be ignited. I tried for both would take either but it's freakin impossible!!! Literally worse than 6L and that is some serious cancer right there!

I blew half on two red (or two blue) but 25 per roll is a b*tch, so I just spammed chromes after a while to basically get back the RRGGBB, so yeah blew some ex nothing to show for but more grey hair tvm Chris!
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:

RRRBBG would be ideal yeah, but RRBBBG provides almost the same dps and ups chance to ignite so it actually might pull ahead unless you count boss fights where most can't be ignited. I tried for both would take either but it's freakin impossible!!! Literally worse than 6L and that is some serious cancer right there!

I blew half on two red (or two blue) but 25 per roll is a b*tch, so I just spammed chromes after a while to basically get back the RRGGBB, so yeah blew some ex nothing to show for but more grey hair tvm Chris!

I'm curious what blues you are running considering that elemental focus is one of the biggest DPS gems you can run on a blue but you CAN'T ignite with that gem. Are you running Chance to ignite just for the added fire damage? In that case there is no way it beats out elemental damage on skills or even melee support. If the damage difference isn't worth the headache to chromes, that's fair enough.
Quote: I blew half on two red (or two blue) but 25 per roll is a b*tch

do you know exactly how vorici has to be done with bronns or should i explain it for some of u guys?
Any idea how to improve cmok single target setup? (cmok is much more fun than pure cyclone, and better AoE, unless we got massive weapon range like with disfavour) I know that for ST we got ngamahu's flame, but it's kind a waste. Usually there are no or just few adds in boss fights. I guess switch to pure cyclone in such fight? vaal breach seems meh and there's no place for gem anyway :P
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 21, 2017, 3:10:48 AM
"
tanteMYN wrote:
Quote: I blew half on two red (or two blue) but 25 per roll is a b*tch

do you know exactly how vorici has to be done with bronns or should i explain it for some of u guys?

Sure, go for it, always up to learn new stuff!
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info