[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Rocksteadee wrote:
"
Omega_Nebula wrote:
LOL @ people who level Sunder with 2h Weapons in 2k17.

I'll save anyone debating trying this build out some time: Either level using Sunder with Dual Weild, or use EQ with 2H weapons. Sunder with 2H weapons is one of the most clunky & unpleasant experiences out there. Sure, it's doable, but once you hit level ~50 or so and you find yourself constantly dying as a result of being locked in place by a relatively slow multistrike, you'll be hating yourself for not taking the advice given in my comment.

Ehh I found around level 50 was when 2H sunder got super good. Just gotta keep your weapon up to date and you basically one shot everything. I wouldn't recommend it for hardcore, because as you say multistrike locking is definitely a thing, but I felt real good as 2H sunder and enjoyed it immensely.

This was my experience as well. Cruised into level 55 without breaking a sweat.
Hey,

Given we compensate the 50 dex loss with another piece, wouldnt Lightpoacher would be great damage buff for the build ?

We maybe lose Dex/Chaos Res / 10% Ms, but we gain 20% Spirit Burst trigger chance, 1 Abyss sock, and some all resist.

It seems pretty brokken to me.

Any thoughts ?

PS : If it has been answered before, then my bad. I didnt find anything through research fonction in this thread
I feel like it is getting harder and harder for me to get a Xoph's Amulet with the increase in prices of exalts ><
Can we gain endurance charge without using Endurance Cry?
Using this skill tree https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPkACxQAAHmbLV85ivDEgrCrvqdlTb02R36E2amUh2qQbKknhO_awXTtBS1670CgLlPTbyFgdPGPYG8nmmoj0xjbFHWkwqaNdU5l8F4TIVXcPQd1wKbvTmFShmAirzhTduc6UryfGJEyfg48FHHZfIIH-Ovz3Whl6hh2rM9-rY3ZYYVS6wk5DgmWl3nkUfcyfNlQR-8OFCBnm64-xq48LYPMtz7-Cti9g18LYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf35o7gpvsOIV7ZlQ62DKJd-UnL5BVGjj8SxRNlG9yD2ae-tIdFK-NFm_jajWSsoCGtIWnJ5-lNQxwO7b1YQAAAAAA
Is it worth taking the leech node above Vitality Void (on the way to VP) if we don't go VP? PoB already has me capped at max life leech so it adds nothing. I don't fully understand leech, but I'm assuming this point helps out on single target bossfights?
https://pastebin.com/3Xb7tzCU

I've been playing Cyclone for a couple of leagues now and been refining the build over time. I think you're tree could be better optimized. I've included a link above of my current build in Abyss. It more than doubles your dmg and offers more life and defense (even if you opt for Fortify instead of Added Fire). With just enemies covered in ash, POB reports the DPS at 390k (can exceed 400 with corrupt gems and dropping the coral rings for steel or opal). Yours clocks in at about 160k.

The one thing I've been trying this league is to run with Starkonja. It brings more Dex and about 400 life with it. Losing the movement speed and Chaos defense is a hard trade but the former is only worth it during general mapping. For boss fights, movement speed is far less important. I'm still bouncing between the two, but I find having that added life pool has kept me alive in many more encounters.

Just some notes:

The link above is at 92. I would grab Point Blank and Iron Grip to finish it off at 95. I just didn't include it in the link because 95 takes a bit and tbh, it does so much dmg now that missing those nodes won't inhibit you from doing content really.

I took Iron Reflexes because I hate evasion. I think it's totally unreliable and walking around with 9k armor feels great. Lots of the annoying damage in the lab and other areas are really put to rest with a decent about of armor. Up to the player if they want to grab that.

I don't feel Immortal Call is worth anything without endurance charges and since the only way to generate them would be to self cast Enduring Cry, which means no longer spinning, which means no longer doing damage or leeching, which means open to stuns, so yeah, just not a fan. So I opted to beef up Ancestral Protector (better than Warchief) and that brings another 72k dps along with it. To me, that is far more valuable than a split second immunity to phys damage. Granted he doesn't stay up long end game but he does get a few whacks in. And if the enemy leave him alone, he can get some good damage down.

Sanctity is purely QOL. It's nice to have enough life regen to handle Blood Rage and a bit on top helps in constrained maps that inhibit your regen. Ancestral Knowledge is a trade off unless you have god gear. Then you can save a point.

The int travel nodes up to Purity of Flesh take some of the constraints off the gearing (int is a real b*itch for this build) and because you get 10 str alongside it, make it a good life cluster to grab, especially with the added Chaos defense. Thick Skin and it's respective group brings nothing but 20% life and your spending 5 points to get to it. You're better off just taking the remaining points by Constitution imo.

I'm on the fence about Butchery. I think Hematophagy might be better considering the nerfs to the Slayer in 3.1. I'm still testing that cluser swap, but the former brings about 8% dps with it. Hema gives you back 6% to your maximum life leech (so down 4% after the nerf) and with the 20% increased damage while leeching (we are always leeching) we are only down about 4% dps. I don't know about you, but I definitely feel the nerf and Hema makes it far less impactful. I suspect this will mostly come down to a playstyle thing.

Anyway, thanks for the guide, I got some good tips on how to refine the build, just returning the favor and sharing what I put together in my travels.

Cheers.

(Sorry for the novel, just wanted to explain the tree lol.)
Deliver pain exquisite
@Tiem

you could link endurance charge on melee stun with leap slam for the needed immortal call buff
Okay i need some help, Im lvl 87 scion and im dying to traps on uberlab all time. I would like to know what im doing wrong. Maybe my gear is wrong or my passive tree idk... Im new player and i dont understand a lot, probably chosing scion was a bad idea too...

I just vaaled this glove in abyss and I'm wondering if it's better to run anger now or use flammability + blasphemy?
Hi thanks for this amazing build!

For Ascendency, would changing brutal fervour/headsman for impact be fine? Impact's AOE seems to give a good clear speed and QOL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info