[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

why phys to light on the cyclone link and not just added fire?
"
danteafk wrote:

I'm wondering the same. What about Damage on Full Life Support? (I guess we would need some ES to keep life from dropping?)
Last edited by tkensei on Sep 2, 2017, 11:48:38 AM
"
danteafk wrote:

Convenience i think, other supports can give more dmg but will require different colours.
Hi Guys,

nice Guide and playstyle. I found the ngamahus during leveling through the acts and decided to look for a suitable build for it. Followed this guide since and also had lots of luck with 6-linking the body armour. Right now I melt all things up to t15 without any problems and I skip reflect-maps. Also did hydra last days and it was easy too. Do you think I can do shaper with this setup of items or should I try to get more life (maybe with a belly or jewels?). I'm totally unexperienced in the other guardian fights and shaper.

Right now I'm still upgrading gems for 20q, but I don't feel that damage is a problem.

Spoiler

Hey guys,

Been running this build for a bit and have pretty much hit a wall. I'm very surprised when people are saying they are face rolling T14 maps when in reality, I'm struggling with T10+. Any sort of combination of twinned + extra crit / - max res / elemental weakness or something along those lines I die to as soon as I make a single mistake. I died multiple times to twinned t10 malformation today which was extremely frustrating. Before that it was T14 shrine with extra attack / cast speed + ele weakness + crit. I would just like to know what changes I need to make to be able to 'face roll' these kinds of maps. A bit optimistic, but I'd like to be able to hit 100 before the end of the league with minimal deaths whilst completing my atlas. I've linked my gear below. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Spoiler
IGN: _FuRi
"
Shadowfuri wrote:
Hey guys,

Been running this build for a bit and have pretty much hit a wall. I'm very surprised when people are saying they are face rolling T14 maps when in reality, I'm struggling with T10+. Any sort of combination of twinned + extra crit / - max res / elemental weakness or something along those lines I die to as soon as I make a single mistake. I died multiple times to twinned t10 malformation today which was extremely frustrating. Before that it was T14 shrine with extra attack / cast speed + ele weakness + crit. I would just like to know what changes I need to make to be able to 'face roll' these kinds of maps. A bit optimistic, but I'd like to be able to hit 100 before the end of the league with minimal deaths whilst completing my atlas. I've linked my gear below. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Spoiler

Hi, that looks similar to my gear. The only difference I see is that I linked faster attacks support in body armour instead of increased area of effect. But I don't know if this makes so much of a difference. I guess you also have a bit more HP and shouldn't have any problems. (I've 5.612 hp)

At the moment I'm running all kind of red maps up to t15 and I don't have much trouble at all. I rarely die and if, it's either because I run into a single mob with ele-reflect or I don't evade big hits. I can't say I can facetank all the bosses. It often still requires some whirling around. I try to always stay behind the boss and normally that does the job. There are just few maps where I have to back off and maybe go to town for flask refresh (i guess it was twinned beacon where the boss calls such sun rays).
on the videos uploaded by bymen he has 9.4k life but theres no link to his gear and i cant find his profile. Im assuming hes running belly with windscream combo and a lot of %life nodes too. Im assuming you have to skip out on primeval force for this. Looks like hes not running devotos either. anyone have a clue what gear/tree hes running for this?

I feel like my gear is really good but not sure if im ready for the guardians/shaper yet. Feel like i need more life Sitting at 5.8k life, 3.4k Armour, 71k cyclone dps in hideout with HOA+golem, 8.6k molten burst

Spoiler

"
Shadowfuri wrote:
Hey guys,

Spoiler

Try using enfeeble instead of flammability for harder maps or get more hp, gear looks fine, maybe a diff flask with Shock resist to make sure it lasts some time in case you get shocked
"
on the videos uploaded by bymen he has 9.4k life but theres no link to his gear and i cant find his profile. Im assuming hes running belly with windscream combo and a lot of %life nodes too. Im assuming you have to skip out on primeval force for this. Looks like hes not running devotos either. anyone have a clue what gear/tree hes running for this?

I feel like my gear is really good but not sure if im ready for the guardians/shaper yet. Feel like i need more life Sitting at 5.8k life, 3.4k Armour, 71k cyclone dps in hideout with HOA+golem, 8.6k molten burst

Spoiler

Can check his standard toons i guess? He's using rare helm and 2 coral rings, no primeval force and was around 250% hp i believe, also higher level = more base hp
Try checking easemahu/easeclone
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/bymen/characters
"
GingerSamurai wrote:
Weird. I don't remember setting myself to private. Should be fixed now.

I would suggest you to re-spec some skill points and get Avatar of Fire. You will get a huge damage boost.

Remember to swap the gems in your chest when you do the switch. Check out the gems section on that.

Also check out Recommended Rares on what rolls to look out for on those rare slots.

"

my glove +100 maxium life and boot +80 life
so how much life enough for lv 86 :D
also my dps is bad too only have 90k with full buff any advise

You need 6 sockets on your Ngamahu axe. You are missing a lot of damage over there.

You do not have Fortify gem in your chest piece. Fortify gem is very important as it gives you 20% damage mitigation.

Check out the Recommended Rares on what rolls to target for the rare slots.

Also, check out the flasks section. You are not using the correct flask setup. :)

"
tkensei wrote:
I have a question about the new Brutality Support gem. If I am using Ngamahu's Flame (dealing Molten Burst elemental damage), does this mean I cannot use Brutality gem (supported skills deal no elemental damage) in my Cyclone 6L? Or does this only mean Cyclone cannot deal elemental damage which it doesn't?

I just realized I still had Brutality in my 6L chest and removing it almost doubles my DPS.

Brutality does not work for the build because Ngamahu + Avatar of Fire (or Xoph's Blood) = 100% fire damage.

Check out the gems section on the recommended gems setup. :)

"
benfinkel wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for some help running this on XBox.

The primary problem with Xbox is the lack of a marketplace. It's difficult to find any gear at all, and Ngamahu's is basically impossible to get. I've seen a few for 80c - 125c so I cannot get one any time soon. I can't even get a 5L chest.

How would you recommend gemming and gearing this character for early end game with that in mind?

I'm currently level 65. ~3.5k Health, ~3k armor, 75% resists all around. I'm running Blood Rage and Warlord's Mark with my Blasphemy and using Earthquake as my primary skill. Damage is pretty good, but some of those big packs of magic monsters really wipe me out.

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest you to use the vendor recipe for 2 chaos to gather the currencies. That is the fastest way in my view.

"
tkensei wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:

I'm wondering the same. What about Damage on Full Life Support? (I guess we would need some ES to keep life from dropping?)

Physical to Lightning gem is only used when you are not using Xoph's Blood and not using Avatar of Fire skill tree. This is because with just the axe, you still have 50% physical damage that is not converted. With Physical to Lightning gem, it gets converted to lightning and you do will do more damage.

However, the moment you have Avatar of Fire (from skill tree or Xoph's Blood), you get 100% physical to fire conversion and Physical to Lightning will instead lower your damage.

I have updated the guide to make this clearer since a lot of players still get confused because they did not see that Xoph's Blood and Avatar of Fire skill tree share the same gem setup. :)

"
coutoo wrote:
Hi Guys,

nice Guide and playstyle. I found the ngamahus during leveling through the acts and decided to look for a suitable build for it. Followed this guide since and also had lots of luck with 6-linking the body armour. Right now I melt all things up to t15 without any problems and I skip reflect-maps. Also did hydra last days and it was easy too. Do you think I can do shaper with this setup of items or should I try to get more life (maybe with a belly or jewels?). I'm totally unexperienced in the other guardian fights and shaper.

Right now I'm still upgrading gems for 20q, but I don't feel that damage is a problem.

Spoiler

I would say check out the Shaper kill section for tips on knowing whether you are Shaper ready. Even if you are not, it is still good to get familiarized with his attack patterns. :)

"
Shadowfuri wrote:
Hey guys,

Spoiler

If you check out the Recommended Gears section, there are 2 particular setup that is great for leveling. Bronn by itself is more damage focused and lack the toughness unless you switch Flammability to Enfeeble.

In short, use Enfeeble curse when you are focusing on leveling. That's what I did to get my Slayer to level 99 in Legacy league. :)

And also what @coutoo suggested. Try to stay behind the boss when you fight. Cyclone allows you to stay out of boss attack path quite easily.

For Malformation boss. She will always do her beam attack in clockwise direction. Just cyclone behind her and in the same direction. You will be able to take her out without letting her beam touching you.

One more thing. I do skip bosses on some maps when I know a mistake can cost me 10% experience bar. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info