[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
tkbowned wrote:
Level 99, going for the final push :D.
This will be my first attempt at getting max level, awesome mapping build .

Nice! May the ding come swift and deathless :)
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
I'm about to respec one of my necros in breach to play this. Spent about 8 ex in total for the base, essences and divines to get this:

I'm really happy about it though! Hoping this build works as great as it seems :)
"
allana wrote:
I'm about to respec one of my necros in breach to play this. Spent about 8 ex in total for the base, essences and divines to get this:

I'm really happy about it though! Hoping this build works as great as it seems :)

Nice, I hope that you'll enjoy the build! As you went with the 5% reduced mana reserved you'll not be required to use the Conquerors Efficiency jewel =)

Builds:
I've just added a new section to the guide:

2.4. Experimental Mana based setup

It's basically a mana based setup, with Zealoth's Oath, that if it get enough ES it should be better for hard encounters (Über Atziri, Shaper) and lab farming.

If anyone tries it out, please let me know how it turns out, as I'll probably wait with trying it out for myself until the start of the next league.

Builds:
Hey Tahreyn - I've been running a character based off this guide since the start of breach, and man it's been awesome. I've followed a strict MF-based build and I'm starting to a hit a wall of where to go next for 'optimization'. I only run tier 9-13 maps - no 'bosses' like Shaper/Uber/Lab and none of the top tier maps.

I've found my gear to be very suitable for Shaped Phan, Shaped Mesa, Shaped Strand, Estuary, Shaped Mud Geyser, Gorge, and High Gardens Maps -- with all of the atlas shaping and whatnot that you described in the guide, I can basically run these maps unlimitedly (not a word) without worry of running out.

I'll link my gear below -- Can you check it out and offer some guidance, or even commentary, on where to go next? The only real upgrade that I see as viable is a +1 level gem, 3R3B Shav's and swap out Culling Strike, or a 5% reserve helm with IIR and decent ES (this doesn't exist on Breach poe.trade at the moment..). Anything else seems minor.

I run 6x 8% Max ES and 6% IIR jewels. And as far as I know, I've maxed all of my gems with either 21/20 or 20/23 - if I could find a helm with 5% reserve, I'd drop the enlighten and go for generosity in the boots...

Do you see anything pressing that I should look at for upgrades with the style that I'm playing?
Last edited by ryansider on Feb 5, 2017, 11:55:55 PM
I have been sort of following this build as I have transitioned off of a CI build I found somewhere, and there was one thing that I didn't see discussed anywhere is why not use multistrike? I thought that the math worked out that it was one of the better supports for SRS.

Also, I accidentally posted this in the old thread so please ingnore that.
"
ryansider wrote:
Hey Tahreyn - I've been running a character based off this guide since the start of breach, and man it's been awesome. I've followed a strict MF-based build and I'm starting to a hit a wall of where to go next for 'optimization'. I only run tier 9-13 maps - no 'bosses' like Shaper/Uber/Lab and none of the top tier maps.

I've found my gear to be very suitable for Shaped Phan, Shaped Mesa, Shaped Strand, Estuary, Shaped Mud Geyser, Gorge, and High Gardens Maps -- with all of the atlas shaping and whatnot that you described in the guide, I can basically run these maps unlimitedly (not a word) without worry of running out.

I'll link my gear below -- Can you check it out and offer some guidance, or even commentary, on where to go next? The only real upgrade that I see as viable is a +1 level gem, 3R3B Shav's and swap out Culling Strike, or a 5% reserve helm with IIR and decent ES (this doesn't exist on Breach poe.trade at the moment..). Anything else seems minor.

I run 6x 8% Max ES and 6% IIR jewels. And as far as I know, I've maxed all of my gems with either 21/20 or 20/23 - if I could find a helm with 5% reserve, I'd drop the enlighten and go for generosity in the boots...

Do you see anything pressing that I should look at for upgrades with the style that I'm playing?

Hey. Gear wise I think the only thing you can "easily" upgrade is the 2nd Ventor's gamble, and then maybe try for a double rarity roll on the gloves.

I would however recommend changing your gem setup to increase your damage and clear speed.

If you are able to drop the Purity, and link Anger, Envy, Hatred, and Wrath with generosity that should give you a noticeable increase to your clear speed. After all, a level 20 Generosity gives a +39% increased effect of auras, which is a lot better than the increased dmg & as/cs gained from 1 additional aura with Commander of Darkness.

So a generosity to replace Raize Zombie in your Cutlass (you can use the vorici bench to change colours on corrupted items, but you'll loose the white socket), and the enlighten in your boots. Finally I'd replace the Purity gem with Vaal Haste, as it provides us and our minions with +33% movement speed and 59% as/cs.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I hope it is helpful.

"
ethaymory wrote:
I have been sort of following this build as I have transitioned off of a CI build I found somewhere, and there was one thing that I didn't see discussed anywhere is why not use multistrike? I thought that the math worked out that it was one of the better supports for SRS.

Also, I accidentally posted this in the old thread so please ingnore that.

Hello,
When trying out Multistrike I found that yes, it does do more damage on stationary single targets. The drawback being that for general mapping I thought that it was worse for us, as the minions get "stuck" in animation. And if it is use for a boss that moves around a lot, the minions will most likely miss one or two of the hits in the chain.

Thus if you are fighting a more or less stationary high hp boss, and can afford the increased mana multiplier, then you could use Multistrike as a swap gem for melee splash if you want to. I wouldn't recommend using it in an aoe/map setup.
Builds:
"
Tahreyn wrote:
Good job with the Blessing and damn nice with the 21/20 on your first attempt, I think I had like 36 or so before I managed to get one myself :P (I did 20+ last league without success and I got it on my 12th attempt in this one)

I wouldn't call turning all the gems into 20q a mistake, after all it'll not take that long to get them up to a decent level gain. Either-way, thanks for pointing it out. I'll add a sentence to 4.8.2. that one may exclude Stone Golem and Discipline when turning gems into q20, as the level benefits us more than the quality in those cases.

If you want you can add me to your friends list and see about catching me online tomorrow, then I could give you a couple higher tier maps of those I no longer run (as I've unshaped them).

Thanks for the maps yesterday! They really helped. I seem to have been on a rng streak lately with poor map drops. I made a small change to the tree yesterday that I think I like. I refunded 3 of the increased duration nodes and picked up the Essence Surge cluster for the faster ES recharge. SRS duration only dropped 2 secs so I'm still easily able to get out all 20 srs even without vaal clarity and vaal haste being up. For general mapping I think I like it better because the times that I get hit I'm not standing around as long waiting for my ES to regen before diving back in. Also the shorter life of the srs means more caustic clouds. They don't add a lot of dps since we aren't stacking chaos damage, but they do help some I think. I'll add the duration nodes back in somewhere after 90+ or after I upgrade my ES gear. Whichever comes first.
Last edited by stoudtlr on Feb 6, 2017, 9:52:08 AM
"
Hello,
When trying out Multistrike I found that yes, it does do more damage on stationary single targets. The drawback being that for general mapping I thought that it was worse for us, as the minions get "stuck" in animation. And if it is use for a boss that moves around a lot, the minions will most likely miss one or two of the hits in the chain.

Thus if you are fighting a more or less stationary high hp boss, and can afford the increased mana multiplier, then you could use Multistrike as a swap gem for melee splash if you want to. I wouldn't recommend using it in an aoe/map setup.

Oh, I hadn't really considered that the later attacks could miss. I will have to do some testing to see what feels best to me. My gems need to get shuffled around anyways since my first empower finally hit level 3, and continuing my luck with corruptions, I got the first try level 4.
"
ethaymory wrote:

Oh, I hadn't really considered that the later attacks could miss. I will have to do some testing to see what feels best to me. My gems need to get shuffled around anyways since my first empower finally hit level 3, and continuing my luck with corruptions, I got the first try level 4.

Congrats with the lvl 4 empower =) Please do tell how it goes with the Multistrike gem, if it goes well i might try it out again myself.
Builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info