Additional Performance Improvements

"
Xavathos wrote:

Wants to drive car but will not spend money on wheels. Will then blame the manufacturer if car doesn't drive.

Yeah, good luck with that.

More like "We are a small company that makes cars,but they don't drive well in any set of wheels you have. Please donate to fix it."
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Wants to drive car but will not spend money on wheels. Will then blame the manufacturer if car doesn't drive.

Yeah, good luck with that.

More like "We are a small company that makes cars,but they don't drive well in any set of wheels you have. Please donate to fix it."

Strange, because mine handles like a dream.
Pun absolutely intended.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Osirius wrote:
"
Byrr wrote:
so when do we get the server improvements? this has been the worst league for performance in memory.

When you spend some money.

Doesn't work like that. I can't donate and tell ggg to spend all of it on graphical improvements. They simply use it to make more content, rather than fix the current content.
So no, donating more money to them won't fix the real problems. We'll just end up with more unstable/unoptimized content and lag.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Arialia wrote:
"
stanchA wrote:
DX11 fix for AMD cards?
Spoiler

For that add "--noasync" to launch command it will solve problem like it do for me

I have stand-alone client,how to add that command to stand-alone ?Ty.
World first...
Chris, can you give an estimate on when the CPU becomes the bottleneck assuming the GPU is highest end?
E.g. with 50 monsters on screen + particle effects + ground effects etc. a such and such CPU becomes a bottleneck? Just a few typical CPUs would suffice, e.g. a 3GHz i3 Haswell/Skylake, a 3.4GHz i5 Haswell/Skylake, etc.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
Osirius wrote:
"
Byrr wrote:
so when do we get the server improvements? this has been the worst league for performance in memory.

When you spend some money.

Doesn't work like that. I can't donate and tell ggg to spend all of it on graphical improvements. They simply use it to make more content, rather than fix the current content.
So no, donating more money to them won't fix the real problems. We'll just end up with more unstable/unoptimized content and lag.

The word "donating" is used so inappropriately on these forums.

I never donated a dime to GGG. I support them. I spent money on their game, got something in return for it and the transaction supports their development. That's all.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
The word "donating" is used so inappropriately on these forums.

I never donated a dime to GGG. I support them. I spent money on their game, got something in return for it and the transaction supports their development. That's all.

If the game worked without turning into a powerpoint presentation whenever there are more than 3 monsters on the screen, I'd call it a purchase too. Until then they're banking on the good-will of people who hope they'll finally fix all this horrible graphical lag. So in essence, yes, a donation. For which you get some meagre tokens or extra visual clutter.
Much like a tax deduction when you donate to charity.

Once the game actually functions like a game and is streamlined like a game, then I will change the word donation to purchase. But not before.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Isn't GPU usually the bottleneck?
Last edited by MrCoo1 on Jan 11, 2017, 6:15:39 PM
What about artefacts ? Piety/Dom are mostly unplayable for me (got a fucking big red artefact on 80% of theses area :s)
performance upgrades are the best, keep them coming GGG :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info