Additional Performance Improvements

"
sanzo07 wrote:
Thank you!
This patch has solved my latency fps spike drops!

You know it releases next week, right ?
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
If you get 10 FPS when opening a breach, sorry, you have a toaster. ;-) Both my i7-6700K/GTX 1080 and my old i7-920/GTX 680 system could handle breaches just fine. New system at max settings, old system with just post processing off and shadows turned down, everything else at max. And that's at 2560x1600 too.

dont want to discuss about 'toasters' (or 10 fps in most gpu 'challenging' scenarios), but just to point out: even your "old" system uses a series 80 gpu, which still is in the equivalent of high end graphics. A game like POE should not need that much power to be able to handle 'basic' stuff it generates, even in more or less massive amounts.

A GTX 680 from 2012, OLDER than PoE itself, and approaching 5 years, is outperformed by a nice mid-range $139 GTX 1050 Ti today. Your argument is invalid. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jan 13, 2017, 2:10:06 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
A GTX 680 from 2012, OLDER than PoE itself , and approaching 5 years,

there is a contradiction in this correlation POE is older than 5 years (look at my registration); and much older if we add all the pre-beta development time into consideration.
"

even they address the 680 as 'high end' (of course mainly from historical comparison), and there are some technical design facts that are very hard to 'outperform' just by better technologies... to clarify what I'm meaning an example: memory bandwidth is still a major factor (probably ever will be, look at HBM), and always usable as 'performance meter' under comparable setups (amd and nvidia work different here). Its even more the case for mem clock - but thats a parameter where cheaper cards got a lot improvement, and less gap to higher valued ones recently.

And of course its obviously that technology evolves from time to time; with very huge performance jumps sometimes - like now with the new generations of gpus. But that doesnt make a former classification invalid for real. Looking into the video shows clearly: the 1050ti has better chip parameters (gpu & memory clock) than the 680 offers; and they do mostly on par - I wont really call this 'outperforming', and its also on topic that both cards are on par also on the actual market value... (skipping different custom designs and that 680 is used)
Conclusion: much improved efficiency on performance and power consumption; the shrinked memory bus width seems to be covered by improved compression - which was an advantage on nvidia since ages.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
H!,

Since the last performance improvements, to DX9, I can't Alt+TAB anymore.
- I can get 'out', but I can't get back 'in' = crash, and Task Manager...

If I want to read announcements at the very start of the Client, I have to restart the Client to continue to the game = Task Manager again.

When I want to use poe.trade, I have to exit the game to recheck poe.trade (if someone doesn't answer, or is AFK) because I can't get back to the game = Task Manager again...

What usually happens, but not always, is a blue border with the game title - but - I can't get any further = Task Manager (again). Sometimes this happens while playing as well, which can be a little 'bit' daunting because you have no control over your character anymore.

Alright; I know I'm using a dated OS (XP) -- but -- it was working fine before the last improvements. Any suggestions for the Options would be great, or just an additional "improvement" to DX9 :-)

Cheers, and Thank You for a wonderful game!
"
SSDGamer wrote:
H!,

If I want to read announcements at the very start of the Client, I have to restart the Client to continue to the game = Task Manager again.

When I want to use poe.trade, I have to exit the game to recheck poe.trade (if someone doesn't answer, or is AFK) because I can't get back to the game = Task Manager again...

What usually happens, but not always, is a blue border with the game title - but - I can't get any further = Task Manager (again). Sometimes this happens while playing as well, which can be a little 'bit' daunting because you have no control over your character anymore.

Alright; I know I'm using a dated OS (XP) -- but -- it was working fine before the last improvements. Any suggestions for the Options would be great, or just an additional "improvement" to DX9 :-)

I have the exact same problem.
Windows 10, GTX 760.

I don't think it's OS or video card related honestly, I just think their code might be a little buggy. :-\
"
SSDGamer wrote:
H!,

This isn't the Technical Support forum...
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
H!,

Thank you for the supporting comments (so far), but the immediate above I just want to say isn't really that appropriate.

This an announcement about improvements, and I saw no reason not to mention that "sometimes" improvements can cause problems for people that were previously working fine - and- hoping to get lucky with an extra improvement thrown in to fix the previous DX9 "improvement"...

I'm a Computer Systems Engineer, so suffice it to say that I know my way around a computer pretty well. However, I have no control over the coding that's done and it isn't always the easiest fix to just randomly change settings to see what combination is 'now' required.

Turn this off, turn this on, etc. can be very hit and miss - any suggestions for exact settings would be greatly appreciated.
- Client properties addons, maybe?

I've watched some videos, without a lot of success, but I managed to find something that sometimes works (here in the Forum - Alt+Enter) - when I get the blue border, this will sometimes give me the Client back. Previously Alt+TAB worked flawlessly, and quickly, but now it's hit and miss to get back to the Client. Restarting the Client may not be a big deal for some players, but when you have to recast auras and make minions again etc. - that's a 'bit' laborious.
- Ctrl+Alt+Del (twice), then Task Manager and kill it, and
- Restart the Client...

Cheers, and Thank You again for a wonderful game :-)

How do we tell if we are CPU constrained or GPU constrained?
Chris stated from the ZiggyD interviews he's potentially planning for 10 acts (I'm assuming on this current engine).

That is a good step forward for game development and POE, however technically I don't believe we are heading into the right direction here.

It's time for new drastic measures. Get Brevik and his buddies to start crafting something instead of having him fiddle around with the Chinese version.

This game needs to be able to run with a full 6 man party Chris. I've tried to tell you, I don't know how many times but the game is barely sustainable (regardless of your PC), with 2-3 party members running end-game maps utilizing their skills. This is not how Brevik, or any of the core aRPG founders (even you) would want. You have to do something.

The majority of players are not like ProjectPT who just play SSF all day and play by themselves. However, the way the current engine is, you do force people to play like this. This is not okay.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 15, 2017, 1:20:19 AM
Add option to turn off all shadow for D11 please.
And reduced all graphic and less effect.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info