EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
neonive wrote:
Lets get this thread rolling. Exalt currently 88 Chaos in Delve? Where will it go people?

Bots are back in full force. I expect them to keep climbing to 105-110c.

Chaos is extremely weak this league considering there are a LOT of chaos sinks with new zana mods.
"
Trespeon wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
Lets get this thread rolling. Exalt currently 88 Chaos in Delve? Where will it go people?

Bots are back in full force. I expect them to keep climbing to 105-110c.

Chaos is extremely weak this league considering there are a LOT of chaos sinks with new zana mods.

Chaos should be vice versa pretty strong, because of chaos sink. If bots are nor rampant this League, it should not go much higher than 90c. Exalt dropping phase coming soon anyway, so they should dive to 70-80c soon.

I don't expect anything though, trying to invest everything into something way better than Ex or chaos.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 6, 2018, 2:15:22 PM
Chaos ratio is pretty awful. One of the worst of any league.

I miss harbinger when high tier maps were low in cost and chaos ratio were stable for weeks after launch even if the league mechanic itself was awful.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

I miss harbinger when high tier maps were low in cost and chaos ratio were stable for weeks after launch even if the league mechanic itself was awful.

Wasn't it way worse during Incursion before the ban wave? I thought it was well over 100c during that period.

I was in Sarn yesterday and counted 20 distinct bot names before I gave up. I don't know why GGG doens't just have one employee go to Sarn and watch the bots and ban them. In an hour they could probably do a lot of good.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Nephalim wrote:

Yeah, this time it's a bit sketchy. It seems like GGG stopped bothering with bot ban waves and just chill banning way less bots.
i miss harbinger :(
"
rade0n wrote:
i miss harbinger :(

Err... I believe it was Breach League that most most liked if you had the proper hardware. I didn't (I had lower end AMD gpu at that time) and breaches crashed my frame rate to 5 or 6 so I had to skip it. Now with 1060 AMP! edition video the frame rate in breaches is good. Now if I could just find any to do (but of course f'cking low rng chance prevents that, only a few abysses found so far).

As a filthy casual player working my way through act 8 on my first build I just yesterday got my first Chaos to drop so how the hell at this early 1 week time in the new expansion is there any attempted investing going on? We (casuals) don't have anything yet. Must be nice to no-lifer PoE... err... no way in hell do I want to slave at PoE (real life is too short) to have time to sit in game (another GGG failure to make phone app for selling from anywhere we're at... hey GGG haven't you heard of instant messaging or are you too far down under?) and sell items to have accrued enough Chaos (or other traded currency) to be able to speculate and invest. (Filthy casual presses nose against glass outside looking in). Sigh... same old PoE love/hate relationship.  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Wasn't it way worse during Incursion before the ban wave? I thought it was well over 100c during that period.

I was in Sarn yesterday and counted 20 distinct bot names before I gave up. I don't know why GGG doens't just have one employee go to Sarn and watch the bots and ban them. In an hour they could probably do a lot of good.

Definitely. It was over 180c at one point, and people were saying "I'll sell once it hits 200c". Then the banwave happened and it dropped to 80c or something almost overnight. Pretty sad to see that bots are still a big issue in the game, and that they are still dictating much of the economy.

As for how frustrating it is to see all those bots running around, from what I've heard these are just the most obvious ones. Others will just go about their business without people easily noticing them, or they are trade bots and suchlike.

Damn it all though. I just hope GGG are able to tackle this big problem much earlier in this league, and that they aren't resting on their laurels after the last ban wave.
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

No, no... you're not thinking this through properly. I posted why I think GGG should not try to ban bots but handle the problem this way:
Spoiler
As the vid I_No linked in a post a few days ago shows (Divinity Original Sin - March of the Bots) it is trivially easy to see the movement behavior of bot controlled exiles. Surely GGG could code something into the client that detects this very erratic movement and if it continues for any length of time (to avoid accidentally disrupting a normal player) to then, instead of banning, to set the drop quality so super low that all a bot would get is tons of junk.

Banning these accounts won't help as the botters (hey GGG... can't you get your Tencent master to help?) will just create more new accounts and continue botting. The solution is to just let the bots farm 24/7 but only reward them with crap drops.

Edit: Of course GGG can't say anything to tip off the botters that they did this. GGG must let them think they are safely running under their radar.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Just a little more than a week into the League and it's already 95:1. Isn't it time to do something with bots?...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info