EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
Asmosis wrote:
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You all realize that if you sold exalts for more than they're going for now, you basically are paying someone to cheat for you.

Wtf? That is a bit of stretch, dont you think?

If everyone ignored botted goods, botting wouldn't be an issue.

So what. That is not my problem nor any non cheating players problem, its GGG's.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Hmm... it's getting back to it's 100:1 average price. But when it got way out of normal at 170:1 to 180:1 who was buying any exalts then? At that ratio I should think no one and the market manipulators would just be sitting on their exalts with no one buying. So want's the underlying reason for the inflation and now correction? Can't just be bots can it? Please explain?

Bots were buying those exalts for 170+. Rates grown so high because market got over-saturated with chaos (cause no sinks, and bots farm chaoses very quickly). But bots were banned, so exalt rates dropped down, cause bots no longer mass-buy them for their "cheap" chaos orbs.

You seem to be a pro on bots. Where's your ban then? As a matter of fact, none of you standard bitches are fooling anyone.
Last edited by HappyRogue on Jul 1, 2018, 2:32:26 PM
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Still talking about "supply and demand" being a thing?

S'always a thing.

People always try to explain ex:c ratios with reasonable stuff like that, but that's just not how it works - there is no way that can drastically change ratio in a matter of days or even overnight. Hardly ever was the case since the begining of this Thread. *shrugs* Yet people still mention it for some reason. I guess massive bots ban wave and drastic reduction in ex price ddin't hint you at anything either.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 2, 2018, 2:56:21 AM
Suppose it would still be technically correct to say the frankly preposterously incorrect phrase about "supply and demand" (works fine in economic theory, but not so much in the real world with everybody and their dog trying to prevent the central pieces of the so-called free trade economy). It would be pretty dishonest though, as it could hardly be more clear that the price was heavily affected by the activities of bots.

No surprise the price has gone a little up again after the purge, as bots are surely getting more active again. Hopefully GGG will keep up the focus and pressure and keep banning them.
This is just like the bitcoin bubble. If you sold all you exalts when they were 170c+ and the bought exalts with all your chaos once they were 100ish you literally multiplied your wealth by 70% or even more. This is just shenanigans for sure.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

S'always a thing.

People always try to explain ex:c ratios with reasonable stuff like that, but that's just not how it works - there is no way that can drastically change ratio in a matter of days or even overnight. Hardly ever was the case since the begining of this Thread. *shrugs* Yet people still mention it for some reason. I guess massive bots ban wave and drastic reduction in ex price ddin't hint you at anything either.

Unless... you know... you count in the bots and their demand for exalted orbs and their supply of lower currency, esp. chaos orbs into the demand / supply equation, and voilà. It works - just like in real life.

Supply and demand is like the concept of actio and reactio. You gotta be REALLY smart to argue that.
Down to 110:1 from 118:1 yesterday. Roller coastering now boys.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

S'always a thing.

And I didn't 'explain' it with just 'supply and demand', which my original response to you clearly mentioned bots, too. And that was a big part of it that tied into the whole thing anyway...with the banwave hitting bots and smashing their Chaos stores, that means they have less overall to inject into the market. So, because of less, that means the current becomes more valuable, which means less Chaos are needed to reach the same price. Once bots recover and get going again, the price will slowly rise with the occasional dip and then eventual rising again.

Nothing new here.
just 2 words...

POE-NINJA! Website :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by loCurnus on Jul 3, 2018, 8:40:40 AM
100:1 I am not sure how I feel about it. It's so great to have Exalted drop when you know it's 150c, but on the other hand, all my exalts lose value :|

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info