EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

What goes up, Must come down!? :D Bye bye Exaulthz
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Burgingham wrote:
What's the source on that picture? I mean if this is credible then GGG has just found a lot of big time RMTers they can take care of.

It was posted on reddit in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/63dd38/friend_showed_me_this_make_what_you_want_of_it/

But got deleted.
Yeah okay I just did a little reasearch myself and found the original forum. It is a romanian forum, so the posts aren't even in english and about totally harmless build discussions.

So the screenshot posted here is fake.
Yeah the Reddit thread pretty thoroughly destroyed the credibility of that screenshot.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
It's still on the roll lol?

116...probably 115 if they don't price fix.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 4, 2017, 11:27:28 AM
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:

It is just the usual lazy to work for gear and rather complain thing.

I know it's probably a bit off topic in this thread, but since I'm one of those new players who are a little baffled with the prices for endgame gear... Say, I'm looking at ranger bows at the moment, and the top level Harbingers with 450-500 pDPS are priced at around 1 mirror or 70-80 ex. How the hell do you earn that much cash over the course of a 3-month league? I mean, I can understand stuff that costs 1-10 ex. I myself have a bow worth 4.5 ex and a chest piece worth 3 ex, and although it took me almost a month to farm that much currency, eventually I was able to afford that equipment. But gear priced 50 ex and up - is it there just to tease the players, or is it reserved for those few lucky bastards who win the national lottery... I mean, who get a mirror drop? Or am I missing some ways of generating income in this game?

the guys with the most money are not finding mirrors, theyre probably buying a number of mirrors tho in a league. Fyndel and Voc were on the Poetalk podcast earlier in the league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xnIxfK92M

Fyndel is the sort of guy who has absurd wealth, if you want to hear him talking about how hes getting many mirrors in a league u can listen to that youtube.

Youre not doing anything wrong, but theres levels to making money. Youre playing the game, finding gear, selling some of that gear, and you think maybe u can gather 20ex in a league. Thats fine, thats decent. I do the same, but I think I could make 20ex a week when I care to in a league, maybe double that. Difference is Ive got a fuckload of experience, and Im probably playing more hours per day than you and maybe farming faster. Cause I have more experience I can probably evaluate items better and get more cash from what I find, I probably know when to craft, leveling gems for profit, getting more money earlier and then snowballing it, thats where the difference is.

but theres levels beyond that, wayyy beyond that. People rushing to be first to do atziri, uber, guardians, shaper, get the high ilvl bases, uber lab, first lvl8 master services, these people are going over 20ex a day, easily, double that, maybe more. Once you have wealth early you can buy stuff while its cheap early, u can flip stuff with that money, use the money to buy more uber sets, offerings etc to earn even more money still.

I didnt sleep for the first 24 hours of breach league, fyndel in that vid is talking about not sleeping for the first 3 days of the league. I dont rush for anything, I just cant be fucked, theres nothing in this game i need at this point that Im gonna move out of semi lazy mode for. These guys are rushing every minute, playing the best builds in the most lucrative content non stop, theyre hungry for it. You can see how they do it, but youre not going to keep up with them, and theres rly no point. Fyndels talking about he only cares about eternals because he has all the best gear and what else is there left for him to get or to do? Hes just stacking mirrors for the sake of stacking mirrors. Power to him and all the other guys on his level, theyre so far beyond players like you and me that you got to hand it to them. but we dont need that stuff, we dont need to be anywhere near that level to have everything we need and most things we want. Just keep doing what ur doing, learn the game, try out as many builds and different ways of doing things as possible, youll get to a level youre rly happy with mate, no problem.
The secret sauce is to play 16 hours a day for the first 2 weeks.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:

I know it's probably a bit off topic in this thread, but since I'm one of those new players who are a little baffled with the prices for endgame gear... Say, I'm looking at ranger bows at the moment, and the top level Harbingers with 450-500 pDPS are priced at around 1 mirror or 70-80 ex. How the hell do you earn that much cash over the course of a 3-month league? I mean, I can understand stuff that costs 1-10 ex. I myself have a bow worth 4.5 ex and a chest piece worth 3 ex, and although it took me almost a month to farm that much currency, eventually I was able to afford that equipment. But gear priced 50 ex and up - is it there just to tease the players, or is it reserved for those few lucky bastards who win the national lottery... I mean, who get a mirror drop? Or am I missing some ways of generating income in this game?

the guys with the most money are not finding mirrors, theyre probably buying a number of mirrors tho in a league. Fyndel and Voc were on the Poetalk podcast earlier in the league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xnIxfK92M

Fyndel is the sort of guy who has absurd wealth, if you want to hear him talking about how hes getting many mirrors in a league u can listen to that youtube.

Youre not doing anything wrong, but theres levels to making money. Youre playing the game, finding gear, selling some of that gear, and you think maybe u can gather 20ex in a league. Thats fine, thats decent. I do the same, but I think I could make 20ex a week when I care to in a league, maybe double that. Difference is Ive got a fuckload of experience, and Im probably playing more hours per day than you and maybe farming faster. Cause I have more experience I can probably evaluate items better and get more cash from what I find, I probably know when to craft, leveling gems for profit, getting more money earlier and then snowballing it, thats where the difference is.

but theres levels beyond that, wayyy beyond that. People rushing to be first to do atziri, uber, guardians, shaper, get the high ilvl bases, uber lab, first lvl8 master services, these people are going over 20ex a day, easily, double that, maybe more. Once you have wealth early you can buy stuff while its cheap early, u can flip stuff with that money, use the money to buy more uber sets, offerings etc to earn even more money still.

I didnt sleep for the first 24 hours of breach league, fyndel in that vid is talking about not sleeping for the first 3 days of the league. I dont rush for anything, I just cant be fucked, theres nothing in this game i need at this point that Im gonna move out of semi lazy mode for. These guys are rushing every minute, playing the best builds in the most lucrative content non stop, theyre hungry for it. You can see how they do it, but youre not going to keep up with them, and theres rly no point. Fyndels talking about he only cares about eternals because he has all the best gear and what else is there left for him to get or to do? Hes just stacking mirrors for the sake of stacking mirrors. Power to him and all the other guys on his level, theyre so far beyond players like you and me that you got to hand it to them. but we dont need that stuff, we dont need to be anywhere near that level to have everything we need and most things we want. Just keep doing what ur doing, learn the game, try out as many builds and different ways of doing things as possible, youll get to a level youre rly happy with mate, no problem.

I stress to people all the time if you have time to play opening 1-2 week it's so much better during that time in the economy.

Most groups that do achieve that level is done through some extreme coordination, like sacrificing oneself for the good of the runner or main push group, for returns later.

To add my own story this league I did what I've never done and took Monday off after opening weekend and holy shit what a difference. Usually I play a lazy eyes closed support build and cheap build to finish Challenges, this league I went all-in. Can farm quite a lot of currency as it turns out, probably on par with what you were saying first two weeks, roughly 20ex a week or so.

Breach was the anomaly with Chayula market being so lucrative, otherwise every league I play I convert whatever I can to Exalts at the end of the night, because otherwise just passively value is lost.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
inuke wrote:
Because chaos orbs are getting more valuable, due to being super super used atm to craft expensive ES gear.

Its not exalts drop value, its chaos orbs being more on demand due to crafting gear

You're backwards. If chaos were increasing in value then exalts would be worth fewer chaos.
ign: Quepha
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

I stress to people all the time if you have time to play opening 1-2 week it's so much better during that time in the economy.

ya thats the window, for sure, if you havent got your wealth base by the end of the 3rd week youve probably missed the boat. Thats when the big items are cheap too, first couple of weeks, you can make more money and buy big things cheaper. Every time Ive cared about making money in a league Ive got the money I wanted in the first 2 weeks, maybe 3, and then I coast the rest. Honestly Im often exhausted by then, Ive got to the point where I just dont want to respond to trades etc and I turn off my shop.

I havent cared in ages tho, Ive barely even played this league. Im struggling to see myself ever rly caring again but never say never I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info