Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

Honestly the only reason I'm using them is i was lvling with cannibal fire eaters for most of the game as well as using kitava heralds that I really enjoyed how the jewel worked on them, that I didn't mind to just keep it in my passive tree.
I honestly dont mind the sluggish speed of playing with 3 vanguards and a single wickermen. Since my build can only afford to use a low lvl flame dash that's been quality to 20 just for cast speed. Hence why I just kept the jewel.
"
lyeesia wrote:
Honestly the only reason I'm using them is i was lvling with cannibal fire eaters for most of the game as well as using kitava heralds that I really enjoyed how the jewel worked on them, that I didn't mind to just keep it in my passive tree.
I honestly dont mind the sluggish speed of playing with 3 vanguards and a single wickermen. Since my build can only afford to use a low lvl flame dash that's been quality to 20 just for cast speed. Hence why I just kept the jewel.

If you dont use wicker or tuko, it is a good gem as i said before, but if you use tuko and wicker there are better gem.

Try to use Phase Run, 39% movement speed it is pretty good :) I love it
"
Alerie91 wrote:
"
lyeesia wrote:

If you dont use wicker or tuko, it is a good gem as i said before, but if you use tuko and wicker there are better gem.

Try to use Phase Run, 39% movement speed it is pretty good :) I love it
I really like dashing over ledges and random places. Kinda nice being able to do that I remember phase run just gave you speed.

I'm also wearing ascent from flesh belt so it gives me phasing everytime my es recharges so I can't see why I would need two of them.
Personally for me I really enjoy the turn speed the jewel gives the vanguards and I can agree its not the best jewel for them.

I personally made the passive tree and the gearing was half inspired by an attempt to try chaos resistance low life build but failed. The reasoning I consider the jewel to not be a waste is its my only damage jewel for specters I focused on getting minion block on my other tree jewels to synergy's with the fortified legion jewel I'm using as well. Hence why I consider the unending hunger jewel to not be a total waste.
Hi xxWolf

I have never posted on the forums and just been lurking for the past year or so, after 2196 hours in POE I really was on my way to quit after raging every time I spend endless amounts of Exalts on a build trying to solo guardians and even attempt shaper, due to the fact that I'm playing from South Africa and have high latency 220mms+ it's nearly impossible to dodge anything and almost always I don't get the same results on builds than the author, this made me insane i raged so much that i deleted all my characters in HSC and uninstalled POE, after a few days of cooling off I saw the 3.0.2 patch with spec changes and i thought I'll give POE one more shot, so I installed it once more not having too much expectations I found this build and created a last character (I even names the character "very shit game" as I was so mad )

I started level with SRS and from day one I have enjoyed the character like nothing I've ever played before once I hit Solar Guards I couldn't believe that I never played spec builds before as the experience was too good to be true.

This morning I tried to solo all guardian corrupted and killed all of them, after that I killed shaper for the first time in 2.2k hours played, my wife thought I won the lotto the way I was reacting this morning was crazy, I was screaming like a child I should probably feel ashamed for that but the joy was too big for me

So to make a long story short Thank You for the best build I've ever played, this will most probably the only build I play from now on until GGG nerfs something (please don't GGG)

here is my gear if anyone wants to know :
Spoiler
The Shavs I linked myself, I bought a blessing for ammy and crafted the gloves and belt myself,
all this probably cost me around 7EX in total :
Last edited by beeskniegZA on Oct 21, 2017, 10:51:45 AM
@Beeaknigh

I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your summoner. I felt the same way when I played a summoner back before vaal orbs were introduced to the game. Back then I knew this was the character and playstyle for myself and enjoyed playing mostly zombie or classic summoner mostly. If you have any questions or concerns plz dont mind asking anyone here. Were all more then happy to answer any concerns or question's you may.
Im starting to get really frustrated with specters :(
So as far as clearing content its great! But whenever i try to do guardians I do very little damage and my cannibal fire eaters keep on dying (one by one on minotaur, all losing health at one on hydra/phoenix)
As far as i know im raising them right (using lvl 19 desecrate / lvl 20 Raise specter) on T16's
But i cannot get them to survive long enough to do even 50% of any guardians' health.
Am i just not playing correctly?
My best recommendation would be to test out some vanguards and a wickerman and maybe drop all auras down to just discipline, vitality, and w/e purity aura u need to cap resistance. And see how wearing a aegis aurora and shaves works out for u. Personally ive tested that setup and I liked it alot more then going full ham low life. But I hope someone else finds a better solution for you.

Frankly my only experience of low life is with bloodmagic.
"
lufesg wrote:
Im starting to get really frustrated with specters :(
So as far as clearing content its great! But whenever i try to do guardians I do very little damage and my cannibal fire eaters keep on dying (one by one on minotaur, all losing health at one on hydra/phoenix)
As far as i know im raising them right (using lvl 19 desecrate / lvl 20 Raise specter) on T16's
But i cannot get them to survive long enough to do even 50% of any guardians' health.
Am i just not playing correctly?

Hey my man, It's only my first summoner build so take my advice with a grain of salt, I see none of your gems are on quality, not even the specs, you are missing out on ALOT of damage and your specters stay alive by leeching back life due to the high damage they do
i'd say to try get your gems up to par and try again

also on your profile the desecrate gem is on 18 ???

just my 2c anyone else care to comment please do.
Last edited by beeskniegZA on Oct 23, 2017, 4:42:39 PM
Yea BeeskniegZA is correct, it looks like your missing out the Q on your your main 6L even tho it doesn't it's not a huge dmg increase it's still a nice quality of life.

Yea your descarte gem being at lvl 18 is a big issue for guardian's and shaper as those zone's are 80+ and your specter's atm are only lvl 75 is that is the main desecrate gem your using. That could be the main reason why your specter's are dying. Try getting atleast a lvl 19 gem and see how that works out while you try and Quality your main 6L setup.
thanks for the reply!
I keep a +2 ring in inventory for desecrate so that wouldnt be the issue
The quality might be a start, however that seems to give me around ~20k dps p/spectre, which is a start but still wont make the fire eaters anywhere near unkillable.
Im thinking getting minion resistance jewels, but from PoB it looks like its already capped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info