[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

where is 3.0 skill tree?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAMDAAZJDXwRUBUnFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHaoi9CSwKPoqmC9vMtE5C0QERUdGcUeFSVFJsUuuTblV1lfJWpFca1yKX7Bk52aeaqxr22wLbRlvnnC7fRh_xoCkgseDCYRIhMWFYIhAjHaMsY8aj0aP-pAzkyeYrZuhm7WhL6aspwinK6h9qsS0DLcxuJO-isHFwzrDbcpKytPMvNP718_ZE9lb2V7fiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsiu-I8NX22vfX-Tf6gPrS-wn-Sf6B

"You are loading an older version of the Passive Skill Tree as it was in version 3.0.0. Please be aware that some art assets may not be present."
"
leox3 wrote:
Im very interested in trying out your build but im not really sure how I should level up or when to make the switch to full spectres. Any tips on how to do it? Thanks in advance for the great build!

Spoiler
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
Sa6oV0lta wrote:
Hi, this build looks really cool and i think it will be my next build for this league but im not that experienced in the game so can you please tell me how to level up?

I will add a more detailed leveling section in the future, but for now here is the most important things:

- Do not level with spectres, that would be a very frustrating experience

- zombies are weak until you get some minion life regeneration

- use Summon Raging Spirit as leveling skill, you can use it from level 4 onwards, it will carry you until the point where you can go full spectres (around level 70). i recommend getting a 3linked Reverberation Rod, put Summon Raging Spirit - Minion Damage - Melee Splash in it (you can use the wand from level 24 i think, until then you can place SRS and whatever supports are available at the time in a life sprig or just in whatever links are free. you can switch in multistrike for melee splash against bosses. you can also go with a tabula rasa if you have one, put SRS - Minion Damage - Melee Splash - Spell Echo - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Speed in there, again replacing melee splash with Multistrike for bosses. Tabula makes leveling easier, but Reverberation Rod also makes leveling easy.

- while leveling best is to go life based, meaning while travelling to your minion nodes you should pick up any life nodes you travel by, also try to find some gear with life rolls while leveling (resists also do never hurt)

- do not be afraid to pick up some +30 strength or dexterity nodes in the skill tree if you need more of those stats to wear gear/level gems, you can respec them later, just like the life nodes

- if you already have a high level character (which i assume since you got 20 challanges so far) you can buy the gems the build requires from the vendor next to the waypoint in act 10 town and start leveling them with your summoner, once he can. for that purpose it is a good idea to put some 3 socket weapons in your 2nd weapon set (if you press X you swap weapon sets), you will not use those weapons, but the gems in them gain experience!

- for auras while leveling i recommend using purity of elements, it makes your life much easier. Hatred greatly increases your raging spirit´s and zombie´s damage, however if you run both you will want to use an elreon ring to negate your SRS´ mana cost, you can buy one with -8 to mana cost of skills for 1C on poetrade. if you do not want to use elreon + hatred you can use clarity instead.

- Bones of Ullr got a low level rquirement, you can use those from level 22, 4linking them is not a waste of fusings, since you will keep using them in the late game, making them a good place to put a 4link zombie setup in. Raise Zombie - Minion Damage - Minion Life - Melee Physical Damage is what i usually go with for leveling.

- with your first 2 ascendancy nodes pick up Commander of Darkness, it grants very good damage and those 20% all resist are really nice while leveling (and necessary when starting maps)

- once you got your merciless ascendancy points (pick up Flesh Binder and Soul Weaver) and are about lvl 70 you can do the respec. spec out of life nodes, replace your life gear with the energy shield/low life gear (replace Shavronne´s with Solaris Lorica if you can not afford it yet) and get your aura setup running (do not forget to put in one Conquerer´s Efficiency Jewel somewhere at the tree!). if this is your first energy shield character it will feel very weird in the beginning, since you can not rely on life pots and do not have a large ES pool yet. stay behind your minions and play defensively until you got used to it (and maybe some gear upgrades).

- on the solaris lorica try to get a 4link with the colours Blue, Blue, Red, Green. Link Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Fire Penetration - Greater Multiple Projectiles in it. For (harder) bosses switch in slower projectiles for GMP. you hit those colours on the solaris lorica on average every 29 chromes. the setup is very squishy at this point without crystal belt, shav´s and presence of chayula, but also very cheap and - if played safely - able to farm up to red maps until you can get gear upgrades. last league i farmed T13 Scriptorium maps with it for the Shavronne´s wrappings, that is not necessary any more, since shav´s got much cheaper. (energy shield is dead, you know? i´ll tell you something: shaper didn´t notice.)

you do not necessarily have to do everything i mentioned, you can level without any of the uniques, you can level with energy shield gear and just dont pick up life and you could level as a completely different build (firestorm for example), but the things i described make the leveling process much more enjoyable (for me at least) and safe. i know that a lot of people do not like to do respecs, but i really recommend just picking up those life nodes, as ES is really weak while leveling and you get a lot of respec points just by doing the quests. and even if you had to spend a few regrets later ("few" means about 5, not 50.), that would be worth it, considering you needed 4 less hours for leveling and had 20 deaths less.

Spoiler
Holy Crap i just realized i wrote a book
"
Jplays wrote:
Love the build. I have fresh character in the league so I'm in the process of gearing up still.

Also I am kinda new to the vaal gems. Which level vaal discipline I should get or are all the vaal gems just lvl 1? I have never used vaal gems before (casual PoE player).

just get yourself a lvl 1 vaal discipline, it will get xp while playing just as you and your other gems do.
"
haze0 wrote:
I see a number of people frustrated with getting specific specters. I have a suggestion. Is there interest in a group ( channel or guild, …) where players who find certain specters in a map can announce that for others to join and desecrate or raise dead monsters ? Something like channel 820 for lab/masters. I usually finish maps with 5 or 4 unused portals.

if people are getting frustrated with getting specific spectres, there is probably one of two reasons for that:

They did not really understand the Spectre trick and for example think there should be 3 corpses of their desired spectre in each desecrate cast.

they opened a shore and can not get fire-eaters in there, in which case it would be much faster to just open an other shore and check again.

i actually had the same idea back when it was not possible to influence what you sapwn with desecrate, but today that channel would probably just cost more time than it saves.
"
"
Razi_Anarchy wrote:
I just downloaded the Path of building tool. Tried to replicate your build there and it shows a dps of 87k to 98k. Is there any math around it to get to the numbers u have? Besides multiplying by the number of spectres you have.

Have you put in spectre level 82 (t16) in configuration?

T16 is spectre lvl 83. ;)
"
peterbraes wrote:

thx for reply, actually i gotta say i probably was wrong :P i just didnt expect that those monsters dont spawn for like 10-15 or even 20 desecrates if u r unlucky, i stopped trying too early :)
about flammabilty: sure, its my char, i just wanted to know some thoughts bout it, i definitely understand ur point, clearing speed is high as fuk so balllightning usually not even cursing anything :P
as other people said already: after i made some experience i think flame sentinels are best spectres for almost everything, their range is super good to not get into risk with the char itself, i like that.
i got another question tho: why do u recommend elemental focus for firecannibals but controlled destruction for flame sentinels? the cannibals have some sort of critical-chance or maybe more than just fire as elemental damage? im curious bout that
i think i had another question but i just forgot it :D

i just forgot to update that with 3.0, elemental focus is now better than controlled destruction for flame sentinels. maybe it already was better before, i was not using path of building yet, but the reason why i was not using elemental focus was the occasional double dipping ignites, now with that removed there is no reason not to take elemental focus.
@everyone asking questions regarding ES numbers:

The reason why some people get to numbers like 8k-9k is that they use legacy gear in standard league, since 3.0 ES values are lower. on my (i´d say well geared) character in harbinger league i got 7k ES, that is with a shav´s and a presence of chayula. the build has more layers of defense to offer than just an ES pool, thanks to purities, flasks, vaal discipline and the meatshield i can safely run T16+ content without dying and i could alrdy do that with ~5.5k-6k ES.

there will of course be people who just look at the number 7k and think "what? that was higher before 3.0, it was nerfed so it´s shit now!" and if those people want to think that i can not help them and honestly i do not care. let them spend dozens of exalts on life gear like kaom´s heart, Xoph´s Blood and expensive rares so they reach their 8k-9k life, let them think they are tankier than the 7k ES build - in fact they aren´t. but at least they got a bigger number to look at, that´s something i guess.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 25, 2017, 7:39:14 AM
"
lordgold wrote:
where is 3.0 skill tree?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAMDAAZJDXwRUBUnFy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHaoi9CSwKPoqmC9vMtE5C0QERUdGcUeFSVFJsUuuTblV1lfJWpFca1yKX7Bk52aeaqxr22wLbRlvnnC7fRh_xoCkgseDCYRIhMWFYIhAjHaMsY8aj0aP-pAzkyeYrZuhm7WhL6aspwinK6h9qsS0DLcxuJO-isHFwzrDbcpKytPMvNP718_ZE9lb2V7fiuGI6QLquuvu7Bjsiu-I8NX22vfX-Tf6gPrS-wn-Sf6B

"You are loading an older version of the Passive Skill Tree as it was in version 3.0.0. Please be aware that some art assets may not be present."

Just took a look at the skill trees, they look fine to me.
Last edited by xxWolf on Aug 25, 2017, 7:44:26 AM
I have a lot of non-linked nodes. upload tree on http://poedb.tw pls
Thank you for writing this excellent guide. This is my first day back and I am looking forward to doing a Summoner again, this time spectres. ;) Can I ask two questions please?

1. How do you cast spells and summon stuff with all of your auras on? Don't you have all of your mana but about 5-10 reserved? (Looking at PoB, it suggests that you have 8 mana left...)

2. How do you manage to get all those fabulously expensive items after only 1 month? Good lord.

Thanks much!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info