[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
Twintech wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Twintech wrote:
are you going to update tree? 107 points skill tree does not work?
Here's my current tree: 111 points

Thanks. and 1 more thing - slower projectiles instead of??
Instead of Greater Multiple Projectiles. If you still need range for whatever you're murdering, use faster projectiles instead - you'll lose a bunch of damage, but gain a bunch of range.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Apr 13, 2017, 2:26:16 PM
So far managed to kill guardians/shaper/uber atziri with this build, I am really enjoying it as this is my first league. Was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice for phoenix/shaper fights, those two usually take a few attempts to kill. Specifically for phoenix fight I usually rip on the charge since I am not hitting for leech. Mino/hydra/chimera I've got down pretty well and can usually 1shot unless I mess up mechanic(mostly failing to dodge mino charge). It would be nice to be able to run T16+ consistently deathless so I could actually gain a few more lvls. Right now I'm running CwDT+BV+CoH+Conductivity, I think it is helping, but was wondering if I should be using CwDT+Immortal Call+ IncDur to help with survivability? I could probably drop my flame dash link for it since I rarely use it.

I just swapped alchemist/druidic rite to pick up EO and am liking the dps boost so far. I am still working on improving my gear, it's difficult capping resist especially using shaper's touch. Seems like at this point gear is getting pricey when looking for decent ES rolls/resist/int. I blew 10ex worth of c trying to spam for upgrades with no results... now i'm prob just gonna save up to buy an actual upgrade lol.

Here is a link to my char if anyone has some spare time to criticize, it would be much appreciated!
Spoiler

bigboulder
Currently sitting at 9.5k ES and 42k buffed gmp tooltip dps

"
bigstoned wrote:
So far managed to kill guardians/shaper/uber atziri with this build, I am really enjoying it as this is my first league. Was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice for phoenix/shaper fights, those two usually take a few attempts to kill. Specifically for phoenix fight I usually rip on the charge since I am not hitting for leech. Mino/hydra/chimera I've got down pretty well and can usually 1shot unless I mess up mechanic(mostly failing to dodge mino charge). It would be nice to be able to run T16+ consistently deathless so I could actually gain a few more lvls. Right now I'm running CwDT+BV+CoH+Conductivity, I think it is helping, but was wondering if I should be using CwDT+Immortal Call+ IncDur to help with survivability? I could probably drop my flame dash link for it since I rarely use it.

I just swapped alchemist/druidic rite to pick up EO and am liking the dps boost so far. I am still working on improving my gear, it's difficult capping resist especially using shaper's touch. Seems like at this point gear is getting pricey when looking for decent ES rolls/resist/int. I blew 10ex worth of c trying to spam for upgrades with no results... now i'm prob just gonna save up to buy an actual upgrade lol.

Here is a link to my char if anyone has some spare time to criticize, it would be much appreciated!
Spoiler

bigboulder
Currently sitting at 9.5k ES and 42k buffed gmp tooltip dps

On your tree, drop Iron Reflexes, Primal Spirit, and the strength node above Vaal Pact for 5 extra points. Use those points to buy Thief's craft, Fangs of the viper, and connect your tree between them using the DEX nodes, most of which will be converted to INT using your Fertile Mind jewels. Personally, I would also drop Point Blank, and use your remaining points to swap the DEX nodes next to the Ranger start for the Projectile Damage nodes directly below them instead.

Your chest is missing INT, and is a bit low on ES as well, so I'd put that on the list for an upgrade for sure.

One of your rings is missing Elemental Damage, so that's another bit I'd look for an upgrade on.
What do you guys think about sulphur flask vs silver flask?

I'm at the point where I could mix/max opals, crystal belt and higher es gear with more int into my build, but it's going to cost a lot of exalts. I don't think it's worth it considering I'm sitting at 10.3k ES and ~50k dps fully buffed.

Would dying sun be a better investment than the aforementioned options?
Last edited by subiedude8 on Apr 13, 2017, 9:02:41 PM
"
"
xxKillerZ wrote:
Any tips for my gear? Got 3ex to improve right now. Sitting at 32k DPS at HO with GM if i'm not wrong.

Spoiler

Focus on getting 20/20 on gems, that will make a difference, maybe jewels if you need them (attack speed is a really nice dps boost as well).
After that might wanna try to get a better ES boots (and i suggest maxES on rings if you can), but at that point more INT on gear and you will start minmaxing, which unfortunatly will get quite expensive

Swapped the gems and now i got 42,6K DPS, and as i already got 9,8K ES (still missing a ES node and one level on discipline), should i focus on more ES as u said (boots and rings) or more Damage? (and what should be the upgrades for more damage?)
Playing a variant on hardcore, probably the safest/strongest build I've played in quite some time.

97 atm

Spoiler

I believe my gear is as close to being done as I can get without dumping the rest of my currency (saving for HH).

Hope you all are having similar success.

edit: grammar
Last edited by lif44 on Apr 14, 2017, 7:36:25 AM
"
lif44 wrote:
Playing a variant on hardcore, probably the safest/strongest build I've played in quite some time.

97 atm

Spoiler

I believe my gear is as close to being done as I can get without dumping the rest of my currency (saving for HH).

Which of the rings are you using? Do you swap them out for different map mods?

Also, Vaal Lightning trap? I didn't think that stacked with the Vinktars shock...
Last edited by grimjack68 on Apr 14, 2017, 5:59:42 AM
some greywolf amulets are so crazy
unique t4
45% inc lightning dmg
32% inc attributes

but 90 ex :/
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
lif44 wrote:

97 atm

Spoiler

Which of the rings are you using? Do you swap them out for different map mods?

Also, Vaal Lightning trap? I didn't think that stacked with the Vinktars shock...

I must have hit the right right twice.

VLT for bossing really, such as breach lords since they dont move at the start, I like to have them shocked from the start, otherwise vaal charges just go to vaal dd.
Guys do you use the SPS? This shit is really freaking me out because of it's range and speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info