[2.6] CI HoWA ST - Uber / Shaper / Guardians Down - Budget Friendly?

"
motoman006 wrote:
"
boonobosMike wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:
Just to make sure, we should be resist capped without having wise of oak flask up right? And one of the benefits from wise oak for resists would be on maps where our resists are lowered mainly?

One of the main benefits of Oak is the penetration you get when you have your uncapped lightning res as your highest.This flask is your strongest dmg boost and it also solves the ele weakness maps(and yes you still need to aim for capped resistances w/o the flask).

"
motoman006 wrote:
HEre is my set yp guys

in hideout with wrath disp and golem

48.5k dps
12.2k ES

edit that is the wrong ring idk whats going on there

Since we are softcore you really don't need more than 10k Es to facetank everything in this game.

So you can get much better rings in terms of dps with less es and less resistances(you have way overcapped them).Aim for opal ring bases.
Replace your mana flask with an Wise Oak and make sure your uncapped lightning resistance is your highest for a big boost in dmg(it won't show on your tooltip btw but you will surely feel it on bosses).
40% enchant for your helmet but i am guessing you want to keep this one since it's decent so your only option is to farm for it which is pretty annoying(it's not really needed anyway, it's around 6-7% more dmg).
Slight tweaking to your tree:

This one gives you more dmg for your current level (less tooltip but don't be deceived by it)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQHnAx4EBwX5DkgOXA-rES8RUBGBEZYUdRXXFfAWvxcmGYoZ1xpVG8gdTx8CH0Ei9CPTJIsqOCsKLL8tHy5TMFs1uTY9NsU26Dy-QdBDMUV-RmlMs0z_TipU_lWFVkhWY1b6Whpbr13yX2pfcGEhY6dq-mwLbRltbG8ndct313j5eoR-3X8rf8aDbYTFhO-Gro1-jbmPYI_6kAqTJ5XMlwaaapsmm7Wfy6Evo4qly6crpzCtM6_rtUi3tr3mvoq-p8HFwzPDOsSiz93QH9Ct0NDTb9N-2CTY1drB3UbjhOfq6mLsGO0_7g7veu_r8Yr5M_lj_W4=

But really, balancing your resistances for the Wise Oak and getting good dps rings with t1 int and t2+ weapon elem dmg will boost your dps considerably and ultimately getting the helm enchant.

My resist are not way over capped they are between 170-180

170 - 178 - 175 to be exact

yea i need to replace that mana flask for sure lol

Since it would be sufficient to have 135(f) - 135(c) - 136(l), your resists are totally overcapped :)

Nevertheless, good gear. Would just replace the rings and aim for more damage instead of es here. 10k is sufficient to clear all content deathless.

I've got to stop giving people advice on gear upgrades... market price on all the good gear is going up, and I haven't bought all my end game gear yet! :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I've got to stop giving people advice on gear upgrades... market price on all the good gear is going up, and I haven't bought all my end game gear yet! :)

We gotta be cautious when reading your advices in the future and check if it isn't an item that you are selling :D
Hi I would like to try this build but I was just wondering if I can use my gears from my whispering ice CI char with 1.6k int and 9.6k ES. These are my gears
Thanks for the reply, cheers!
"
Hi I would like to try this build but I was just wondering if I can use my gears from my whispering ice CI char with 1.6k int and 9.6k ES. These are my gears
Thanks for the reply, cheers!
Helmet, belt, rings - probably not. They aren't terrible, but certainly not ideal. For the belt and rings, you're giving up way too much elemental damage with weapons. The helmet ... maybe. Helm is one of our major sources of ES, resists, and INT.

Chest, gloves, boots, amulet - absolutely.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hi,

I have a problem to kill Chimera.
Chimera self is easy. But the adds spwaning three times are killing me.
Any idea what I do wrong?

Here is my gear:

I think my ho dmg is enough. gmp is 47k and slower projectiles is at 76k.
My es is at 8,4k.

Minotaur and Phoenix are easy and no problem for me but with chimera I have big problems.

Any suggestions?
@mayesti

Hey u got way too low ES for too much dps along with 0 to no accuracy. If u dont hit u dont leech if u dont have ES u have no buffer for no leech. Furthermore try faster attacks instead of added lightning, same DPS more effective leech uptime. Last for ur gear an astramentis was far superior cause of IAS, accuracy (DEX) and %ES

EDIT:

first u got a hp flask in inventory :)
second movementspeed flasks are shitty for HOWA cause of only do whirling blades
Take one basalt (phys protection) and one silver flask (onslaught and therfore autoimmunity for status alignments)
Last edited by okta1234 on Apr 11, 2017, 7:37:18 AM
I dont know where i should aim to improve my gear.

Stats are: 50k dps in hid with golem and 9.2k ES
Last edited by lzlucas on Apr 11, 2017, 10:01:03 AM
Hi Guys, need help with gears, tree, etc. Looking to maximize my DPS and need help with what to change, got about 70ex to spend.

DPS Tooltip in hideout: 43.6k ES: 10.1k and got about

Gears:

Tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPcSKAB5VP695sSiEVCio6crVYVtbDbFGYrrYzBbm7WExZUgr-utMxnXH0EdTw5IVkgtH0yzAx4fAvGKwzr5Y6OK6xQV8H_GKjj0-M_dbRld8qEiKwobyJcGNj2lyxGWBfm1SCLqBAfYJOjWNbnndAHRokDB8-4OES-VzO0_0B_v65MnvoqhL1b6d9cUdVuvkApOKiPTbyeaakz_QzHDM1oa2sEuU9NvjX63tnXL6mK-p4TvYSEaVTboRmkB56cwn8t_K_1uft14-Y25mybdRmOnEYHBxewYLL8V14auVmOP-tDQX2qPYBcmeoTQrUHQX3CDbTy-2NUAAAAAAA==
Last edited by blindz02 on Apr 11, 2017, 11:00:57 AM
"
lzlucas wrote:
I dont know where i should aim to improve my gear.

Stats are: 50k dps in hid with golem and 9.2k ES

In terms of damage you can get much better Howas.The culling strike is nice but you don't need it and that claw has really bad rolls. Aim for 12% int and at the very least 29% Wed rolls.The dex rolls aren't important(ofc there are certain thresholds where they become important but usually it's not worth the trouble).That's 5% more dmg from claws alone.

Int and t2+ wed on belt as well.Better ring with Wed instead of the two-stone you currently have.

Use a damage curse setup for big increase on bosses instead of enfeeble. I use Cwdt(lvl 1) + bv(lvl 8) + curse on hit+ Proj weakness. You can also use conductiviy or elemental weakness instead. You can incorporate them with orb of storm setup as well depending on your playstyle etc.
This is a big boost on bosses around 35% more damage for your current gear with proj weakness.

4 mod jewels with these stats:
http://poe.trade/search/okakiidorihoha

In terms of defenses you can get much higher Es on helm( i know you have the enchant and a better one will cost a bit).

Better es boots with a prefix open for Wed enchant although your booots are decent enough.

More es on chest but other than that it's a good chest so i'd change it last.

Now the problem with this build is balancing the damn resistances with the damage. It's really hard to get them capped while having good int and es on gear. It really needs a lot of investment in terms of money and time to get the certain items necessary for your build.You can't really upgrade your gear in 1 hour, you have to search a lot.
Last edited by boonobosMike on Apr 11, 2017, 11:28:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info