[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

Hi, I am very interested in playing this build, but I have few questions.
I'm trying to do this build as CI, but wasn't sure what gears I should look for and thought you could possibly help :D

1. What do you think about using CoE with shield like this?

I know it's not that efficient to get spell dmg nodes because dagger/claw nodes are just way better,
but I was just wondering if you ever thought about using that unique helm.

2. I'm going to use rare dagger with "causes bleed" mod, but was wondering if "adds flat Chaos dmg" is better than flat phys mod.

I got this dagger, but found out that you can also have "adds flat chaos dmg" on a dagger. As this build focuses on chaos dmg, what do you think will increase dps more? flat chaos vs high flat phys?

3. What do you think about taking Chaos dmg nodes like Atrophy (next to CI) or Method to Madness (above vaal pact)?

4. Do you ever die to phys reflect rare mob?

Sorry for asking too many questions, but I wanna know more about this build and figure out how I can improve it since I love to play ST for the first time.
is it a good league starter build?

will it be more effective with the single hand weapon buff?

:) thanks
Have you thought about going

Ambush/Assasinate asc nodes?
No vaal pact??
Why go duelist area when you have plenty around?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Feb 16, 2017, 12:39:05 PM
"
CoachChuck wrote:
Hi, I am very interested in playing this build, but I have few questions.
I'm trying to do this build as CI, but wasn't sure what gears I should look for and thought you could possibly help :D

1. What do you think about using CoE with shield like this?

I know it's not that efficient to get spell dmg nodes because dagger/claw nodes are just way better,
but I was just wondering if you ever thought about using that unique helm.

2. I'm going to use rare dagger with "causes bleed" mod, but was wondering if "adds flat Chaos dmg" is better than flat phys mod.

I got this dagger, but found out that you can also have "adds flat chaos dmg" on a dagger. As this build focuses on chaos dmg, what do you think will increase dps more? flat chaos vs high flat phys?

3. What do you think about taking Chaos dmg nodes like Atrophy (next to CI) or Method to Madness (above vaal pact)?

4. Do you ever die to phys reflect rare mob?

Sorry for asking too many questions, but I wanna know more about this build and figure out how I can improve it since I love to play ST for the first time.

These are all good questions that I experimented with at some point.

I tried to make this build into CI, and my initial route was to use COE and a spell damage shield. In all fairness, I only tested this for a day or two, but did not like how it felt because the leech was so low. I'm a big fan of high leech % with vaal pact while CI. If you go this route you may try Warlord's Mark with blasphemy to add leech.

A high pDPS dagger with crafted leech is basically an upgraded Bino's it seems. I was trying to craft a dagger specifically for this build, and my goal was to get high pDPS with added chaos. I think that would be a great move for this build.

If you get flat chaos on a dagger, you may want to experiment with chaos damage nodes, as your total damage would likely shift from being predominately phys to chaos (so chaos nodes may be more helpful overall) - would also help poison

Phys reflect was never a problem for me, likely because I had ~6k life. Phys reflect shouldn't be an issue for CI.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
Last edited by WayTooFrosty on Feb 16, 2017, 12:48:45 PM
"
z32019912 wrote:
is it a good league starter build?

will it be more effective with the single hand weapon buff?

:) thanks

Absolutely, especially if going life vs CI. This build doesn't rely on any specific items. I'm not sure what buff you are referring to. But this build does focus on daggers (single handed weapons).
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Have you thought about going

Ambush/Assasinate asc nodes?
No vaal pact??
Why go duelist area when you have plenty around?

1) Yes, but Ambush/Assassinate are not as effective for this particular build, because a large component is the DoT
2) Vaal pact negates life regen, which is helpful for this life-based build (i.e. offsets bloodrage for frenzy generation), if going CI, you would want vaal pact
3) plenty around what?
deleted
Last edited by WayTooFrosty on Feb 16, 2017, 12:47:20 PM
You took like 10+ nodes for leech, +armour all res,jewel slot and life repl, I think better is to go for DMG around shadow/ranger area.

It is like 2 damage nods vs 1 defense node.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
I was wondering, how do you gain power/endurance charges? I might have missed it, but I don't know how you gain them. Please let me know. xD
"
buschlight32 wrote:
I was wondering, how do you gain power/endurance charges? I might have missed it, but I don't know how you gain them. Please let me know. xD

Power charges: Ascendancy
Frenzy charges: Blood rage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info