[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

I think I have a problem with my DPS, how I can make my DPS better?
DPS

With buff
Spoiler

Without buff
Spoiler

My Gear

Hey yo!
Last edited by cenleegame01 on Aug 21, 2017, 10:24:59 PM
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
Got a build link? Looking to transition this build into something more viable for 3.0

https://pastebin.com/7sJKV2q3

This is very high lvl tree with focus on survivability, the crit package/perfect agony should come last, its underwhelming compared to the other damage scaling.

Main Skill:
-Viper Strike>Multistrike>Melee Splash>Added Chaos Dmg>Unbound Ailments>Power Charge on Crit

Curses/Auras:
-Enfeeble>Blasphemy
-Arctic Armour>Grace>Enlighten

Charge Generation:
-Blood Rage

Movement:
-Whirling Blades>Faster Attacks>Blood Magic>Fortify

Utility:
-Wither>Spell Totem>Faster Casting
-Vaal Haste
-Vaal Grace
-Chaos golem

Uniques:

-The Wasp Nest Claw x2
(GG rare claws are best but these can't be far off, and they're dirt cheap)

-Chest: Cherrubim's Maleficence (defence) or Voll's Protector (offence-run vile toxins instead of pcoc)

-Haemophilia Gloves
(need these, melee splash alone isn't enough aoe)

-Growing Agony, Viper Strike Threshold Gem
(With toxic delivery this is 50% of physical as added chaos, this 50% extra goes to our base poison damage.

Haven't done any maths or even played this yet but I'm assuming this build will melt bosses and with the nerfs to map density its weak aoe isn't so punishing.
Last edited by shorlin on Aug 23, 2017, 1:22:47 PM
hi, im really interested in your build and i would know if you think that a cherrubim's as armor could be good and if an Arakaali's dagguer could be good too ?

ty
is this build updated for 3.0?
"
_Love wrote:
is this build updated for 3.0?

Yes, but it is not completely optimized yet. I just updated the links and will likely modify the tree a bit soon.
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
Do you think it'll be better to go for crit damage instead of chaos/poison?
I'm pretty bad at theorycrafting but I feel like it'll end up being better especially since at the end the critchance will be at nearly 100%
Hey,

First of all, thanks for posting this build -- I've had a lot of fun with it. I'm one of the many who returned for 3.0 after not having played for a long time so having something to follow while getting back into it was very helpful.

But I have a question, do you really think it's necessary to go all the way to the Scion health wheel? I was looking around in PoB the other day and found myself still easily getting 5-6k life just using the health nodes which are already nearby our tree. By respeccing out of it I could add a lot of DPS nodes (and these other health nodes also provide evasion which helps). I'm referring to the ones by Finesse (Ranger start) and "Revenge of the Hunted". The latter also gives access to "From The Shadows" (great dagger nodes for this build).

I spent my orbs of regret making this change and it feels better. Thoughts?

Here's a quick example of a tree. The poison nodes are luxury and a WiP, but the DPS increase is substantial.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAO8ACQYAAHSw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr91_YRv1EK1SOLV7UE2PZ2qbIxirLTFwuwFtY2_1CPo1psmFqo90QV9elNh6896UUcwfI19I_ZNkqOKsbPuDtN-fXX-ugBeGY7tg_zFDY0V9mJ5AAaHdkp9W69OKiPTbyeaao9gTP9DMdrBLlPTb3TtBS2Nfs2Y6mJ1y76nZU29Nkd-YEFjcIAiP2xkpjfU7T8-z73mA4eVZgxz51Qk_f_eJpVh4lVLjDaJ03BS2-dHBth2VvXbbpfQjoq5PqxmLOF942wI8YoGcJOZTp96f3rvCC4bretjES8DHh9BAAAAAAA=
Last edited by stubbis on Sep 7, 2017, 6:59:38 PM
"
stubbis wrote:
Hey,

First of all, thanks for posting this build -- I've had a lot of fun with it. I'm one of the many who returned for 3.0 after not having played for a long time so having something to follow while getting back into it was very helpful.

But I have a question, do you really think it's necessary to go all the way to the Scion health wheel? I was looking around in PoB the other day and found myself still easily getting 5-6k life just using the health nodes which are already nearby our tree. By respeccing out of it I could add a lot of DPS nodes (and these other health nodes also provide evasion which helps). I'm referring to the ones by Finesse (Ranger start) and "Revenge of the Hunted". The latter also gives access to "From The Shadows" (great dagger nodes for this build).

I spent my orbs of regret making this change and it feels better. Thoughts?

Here's a quick example of a tree. The poison nodes are luxury and a WiP, but the DPS increase is substantial.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAO8ACQYAAHSw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr91_YRv1EK1SOLV7UE2PZ2qbIxirLTFwuwFtY2_1CPo1psmFqo90QV9elNh6896UUcwfI19I_ZNkqOKsbPuDtN-fXX-ugBeGY7tg_zFDY0V9mJ5AAaHdkp9W69OKiPTbyeaao9gTP9DMdrBLlPTb3TtBS2Nfs2Y6mJ1y76nZU29Nkd-YEFjcIAiP2xkpjfU7T8-z73mA4eVZgxz51Qk_f_eJpVh4lVLjDaJ03BS2-dHBth2VvXbbpfQjoq5PqxmLOF942wI8YoGcJOZTp96f3rvCC4bretjES8DHh9BAAAAAAA=

I think that could be an improvement. Some of the decisions are gear dependent, and so there is quite a bit of flexibility on the tree. If it feels smoother mapping for you, go with it for sure!
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
is this hc playable ?
wouldn't taproot work better than bino's? when i switch from taproot to bino's in town my dps becomes lower. or bino's are just used to help with the crits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info