[3.0] Frosty's Assassin Spectral Throw [Video]

An update on my CI version, I am still alive at level 90 on HC Breach and I've progressed into red maps. Leveling has been going reasonably fast; I just haven't been able to play this character as much as I'd like. The survivability is great: 12k ES, 50% block (with Rumi's), and ~57% phys reduction once I corrupt my gear and Malachi's gives me the mana regen to add Arctic Armor. The damage is enough to manage most red maps efficiently and I still don't have a 6L.

Here is what my tree looked like at 89:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPEWGAB2AdEDHgceCTMNfA5ID6sRLxFQEZYVIBXXFr8Zihm0GyUfQSL0I9MkiySdKgsqOCsKLL8s4SzpLYM1uT3iRwZI7klRSbFLrk4qVmNW9VuvXfJfamJaaoxsC20ZbydwUnXLdf13_X3jf8aEb4TFhq6Gs46Kj2CP-pAbkyeVLpcGl9Caapu1oSKhL6JAotmmf6crrGav67DYtAy1SLk-voq-p8M6xKLIFMrTzZjQ0NE2037UQtfP2HbZW9tu29TdDd-Y4izpAupi6rrrY-wY7UHveu-I8NX0-PVv9qP5NweZEJIyMkyOWfCEorxv2YYAAAAAAA==

Here are some decent item types for improving DPS on the ES version:

"
A_Riot_Coming wrote:
An update on my CI version, I am still alive at level 90 on HC Breach and I've progressed into red maps. Leveling has been going reasonably fast; I just haven't been able to play this character as much as I'd like. The survivability is great: 12k ES, 50% block (with Rumi's), and ~57% phys reduction once I corrupt my gear and Malachi's gives me the mana regen to add Arctic Armor. The damage is enough to manage most red maps efficiently and I still don't have a 6L.

Here is what my tree looked like at 89:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPEWGAB2AdEDHgceCTMNfA5ID6sRLxFQEZYVIBXXFr8Zihm0GyUfQSL0I9MkiySdKgsqOCsKLL8s4SzpLYM1uT3iRwZI7klRSbFLrk4qVmNW9VuvXfJfamJaaoxsC20ZbydwUnXLdf13_X3jf8aEb4TFhq6Gs46Kj2CP-pAbkyeVLpcGl9Caapu1oSKhL6JAotmmf6crrGav67DYtAy1SLk-voq-p8M6xKLIFMrTzZjQ0NE2037UQtfP2HbZW9tu29TdDd-Y4izpAupi6rrrY-wY7UHveu-I8NX0-PVv9qP5NweZEJIyMkyOWfCEorxv2YYAAAAAAA==

Here are some decent item types for improving DPS on the ES version:

I appreciate the update here, I'm really glad to hear this. I always suspected that CI version of this would be viable. Keep me updated.

In the future, I may add a CI spoiler to this build giving you credit for a non-life option (if you would like). Perhaps we can work together on this and prepare it for 3.0?
IGN: WayTooFrosty -|- Assassin Spectral Throw: /view-thread/1803119
hey im trying to run your build can i ask one question i dk if its noobish or smthng...you dont use any herald/dps aura/def aura but only AA ? and why ? thanks.
Ive been enjoying this build, and modified it some based on what I've been reading in this thread; mostly because I've been having an issue with NOT having dps anywhere nearly what you guys are posting...

But now I've just died to a white un-modded map-monster 3 times in a row and lost 3 hours worth of xp.. I'm 87 and doing tier 7 maps. Bosses take me 2 to 3 seconds to kill and even when they hit me they do minimal damage.

I stopped using the chaos golem because well, it really wasn't helping me with my dps issue. Using the Ice golem has improved that a bit, switching to Hatred aura also helps.

I am guessing that mostly the idea with enfeeble + chaos golem + keeping fortify up is to help with incoming damage... well that wasn't working either and I improved my dps by 3k by changing. Either way, I get 1 shotted by white unmodified random mobs.

I don't have belly, because it's so terribly expensive and can not afford 300 chaos for a 6 link belly.

Instead I've been using a 6 link assassin's garb that I got for 10 chaos.

My point is I need guidance; I have capped resistances, but I keep getting 1 shotted by little white mobs, I have no idea how that is even possible. Does a level 74 white spider smack with its forward leg for 4k damage?!

Throwing more life at it won't solve it, something is fundamentally wrong somewhere and I just can't figure it out.

The character is What_A_Tosser and my profile is public.

Thanks a lot for any guidance.

edit:
Also I've noticed that AA doesn't appear to show its damage reduction in the Defense Tab anymore, I thought it had previously?
Last edited by argenex on Feb 8, 2017, 9:13:00 PM
"
paparasss13 wrote:
hey im trying to run your build can i ask one question i dk if its noobish or smthng...you dont use any herald/dps aura/def aura but only AA ? and why ? thanks.

This build also uses blasphemy - enfeeble, to provide more survivability against things like volatiles.
"
argenex wrote:
Ive been enjoying this build, and modified it some based on what I've been reading in this thread; mostly because I've been having an issue with NOT having dps anywhere nearly what you guys are posting...

But now I've just died to a white un-modded map-monster 3 times in a row and lost 3 hours worth of xp.. I'm 87 and doing tier 7 maps. Bosses take me 2 to 3 seconds to kill and even when they hit me they do minimal damage.

There are a number of things relating to your passive tree and items that are likely giving you problems.

1) Your jewelry needs to be upgraded. You likely have very low life because most of your items have low life rolls. I would get jewelry with 70+ life on each items. Also, having +flat phys, accuracy, and attack speed on the rings will help, and crit/crit multiplier will help quite a bit on the amulet. You're losing a ton of damage by not having those rolls.

2) You should look at the "more life build" i posted, this will also help increase your life pool. Not following that tree in addition to have very low life rolls on most of your items is likely what's contributing to your deaths.

3) Trading out the Rat's Nest for a Starkonja's will also provide you with more life, you may lose a little DPS, but the trade is worth it if you keep dying. The 40% helm enchant also helps, but is not required.

4) You shouldn't need a mana flask. If you can't sustain mana, pick up another mana leech node, and trade the mana flask for another form of damage flask (e.g. silver/diamond/basalt fask) Get a unique flask, like vinktars or Taste of Hate if you can afford it. Big DPS boost here. Use only one life flask (instant life for emergency)

4) I can't really tell what auras you're running because you have like 5 socketed. I would stick with blasphemy - enfeeble, and the other one is up to you. You can test Herald of Ash, or Hatred. Make sure mana isn't an issue though.

5) Most of your gems linked to spec throw don't have quality. This is also a big DPS loss. The level and quality on those gems helps DPS alot.

Start with these changes. It takes time, effort, and financial investment to make a build very strong.

Thank you, I thought it might be pretty much most of the things you are mentioning.

I'm in process of leveling gems at 20% quality and the reason there are so many different things socketed right now was I was testing them out; I forgot to put everything back when I went to bed.

Thank you so much, I think I can see the correct direction to go.

"
argenex wrote:
Thank you, I thought it might be pretty much most of the things you are mentioning.

I'm in process of leveling gems at 20% quality and the reason there are so many different things socketed right now was I was testing them out; I forgot to put everything back when I went to bed.

Thank you so much, I think I can see the correct direction to go.

No problem, each of these changes will make a difference. After you have made a handful of them, it will almost feel like a completely new build.
I feel like Cospri's Will would be great with this build, poisoning 100% of the time vs 30% is a huge increase. The catch is you have to get the curses out there reliably. Ideally, it would be from a "curse with Vulnerability on hit" gloves, but those are like an exalt for a shitty pair.

I also thought about just using the Poison Gem over Pierce. You're ~tripling your poison damage (30% on crit from dagger node, and Assassin gives about a 12% chance to poison) in exchange for the 19% from Pierce. Seems worth to me.

Edit:
On the wiki, it says that it's not possible to curse and poison on the same hit, so perhaps Cospri's + Vuln gloves doesn't work at all.
Last edited by riverwithin on Feb 11, 2017, 8:25:35 PM
"
riverwithin wrote:
I feel like Cospri's Will would be great with this build, poisoning 100% of the time vs 30% is a huge increase. The catch is you have to get the curses out there reliably. Ideally, it would be from a "curse with Vulnerability on hit" gloves, but those are like an exalt for a shitty pair.

I also thought about just using the Poison Gem over Pierce. You're ~tripling your poison damage (30% on crit from dagger node, and Assassin gives about a 12% chance to poison) in exchange for the 19% from Pierce. Seems worth to me.

Edit:
On the wiki, it says that it's not possible to curse and poison on the same hit, so perhaps Cospri's + Vuln gloves doesn't work at all.

That's a good point you raise. I did some testing using a poison gem, and I feel overall this is a damage loss. Cospris Will is a good alternative chest. I thought I updated this in the guide, but I must have only addressed this in the comments. There are a handful of viable options to use a chest, including: Belly, Cospris, Perfect Form, or a rare with life/res.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info