2.5.1 Patch Notes

"
Sinacol wrote:
"
Blade Vortex's "More Damage per Blade" modifier has been changed to apply only to spell damage instead of all damage types. This will remove a double-dipping effect that should not have been occurring.

There goes my wife's build. I hope there will be a passive skill tree points reset offered, like when they altered BV and SRS last time? This is a lot heavier a hit than the last change was.

Unless this doesn't refer to the physical portion of the BV spell itself, and refers to other sources?

Please don't tell me you expected them to NOT fix a bug.

Making a character, for the sole purpose of abusing it, is your own goddamn fault (or your wife for that sake).
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:
"
Sinacol wrote:
"
Blade Vortex's "More Damage per Blade" modifier has been changed to apply only to spell damage instead of all damage types. This will remove a double-dipping effect that should not have been occurring.

There goes my wife's build. I hope there will be a passive skill tree points reset offered, like when they altered BV and SRS last time? This is a lot heavier a hit than the last change was.

Unless this doesn't refer to the physical portion of the BV spell itself, and refers to other sources?

Please don't tell me you expected them to NOT fix a bug.

Making a character, for the sole purpose of abusing it, is your own goddamn fault (or your wife for that sake).

Actually I think we were just misunderstanding the patch notes. She is not a poison BV build, but the wording had her worried it would only effect elemental portion of her BV damage, as it's tooltip has fire/physical. It seems this change will more or less likely effect her not at all.
yay bug fixes!
"
of abusing it

how was this mechanic being abused on exactly ?
"
Blade Vortex's "More Damage per Blade" modifier has been changed to apply only to spell damage

how does this interact with support gems and auras with added flat values? such as anger and added chaos damage for blade vortex? Will it scale the added damage to or just the base physical damage of the skill?
ign: DreamsofIllusions
That's few hours of playtime and currencies invested wasted into a nerfed build at the middle of a league. Didn't knew till today it was a bug ... I don't care if it was after league or if it was really OP but i'm sorry the BV problem right now still require a lot of investement to work in higher levels or endgame content and is outclassed by 30c builds using flameblast / VRF / Trappers and much more.

That was my two cents hope this kind of implementation mistakes will likely never happen again.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Dec 21, 2016, 6:54:55 PM
@qarl , its shader freeze that causes loading zones at 0 fps , fixed?

Great content, btw!! Thanks.
"
plasmaszap wrote:
"
of abusing it

how was this mechanic being abused on exactly ?

double dipping.

do people seriously expect a passive reset because they were abusing a bug?
Aww, I was hoping they'd make Domain timers a bit more forgivable.
BV more dmg was affecting poison dmg, which was retarded. Bye bye poison
Why bother finding a Mirror of Kalandra if it can be [Removed by Support]
Killing the Elder or Shaper while following someone's build is like finding a street using google maps - such an achievement!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info