PewPewPews Cheap Meltdown Build

"
Virevly wrote:
"
Kraeoss wrote:
Could singularity work ?

Just happened to find one yesterday and i like it, just turned 76 and cleared till maps 8 with it ( rare ones but with no extreem mods ) . i used Cybi'ls before and while survivility is good with the paw i felt i was lacking a bit in offence wich aproved with it. Still trying out different weapons like Doriyan scepter wich looks like given me more damage but i still didn't grab vaal pact so reflect kills me pretty quickly. Using Geofri's instead Rime Gaze because i need the resist atm and also like the bigger area of the discharge. I also found these gloves wich i tried out but i never get Frenzy charges. Anyone knows why ? Would be nice for more damage output.

To OP

Thanks for sharing this build, i'm having alot of fun with it.

Regarding those gloves...

They only steal charges from monsters that HAVE charges to steal.

Not a lot of monsters generate frenzy charges.
Hi Pew! Another interesting original build idea, I like it. :)

I've been busy with other characters in Breach, but I might well start with this build next league.

I played around briefly with it on an old character I had on Standard with some toys like a 6-linked Kingsguard and a 5-linked Realm Ender. If one had the budget for a 6L Realm Ender, that would likely beat the 4L Rime Gaze set up as well as being a bit more flexible in terms of links:

Incinerate (+3 gem levels from the staff), Cast while Channelling, Discharge (+4 levels !), then whatever you like. I wouldn't feel obliged to run the Increased AoE to mitigate a built-in Conc. Effect, rather I'd probably swap between the two. You lose out on the helmet 20% penetration of all elemental types, but in the staff a level 20 Lightning Penetration gets 3 gem levels = 40% penetration, likewise Fire Pen. Controlled Destruction and Elemental Focus supports spring to mind.
With a 6L Realm Ender I might do:
Incinerate (23), CwC(20), Discharge (24), Inc AoE (20) or Conc. Effect (20), 40% Fire Pen.(23), 40% Lightning Pen.(23)
compare to the helm with
Incinerate (20), CwC(20), Discharge (20), Inc AoE (20), Conc. Effect (15), 20% Ele. Pen.

However, 6Ls cost currency, so in keeping with the budget plan I also tried things like the classic Moonsorrow (cast speed, lightning/spell damage and I love it for the blind with a Lightning Warp in it), Storm Prison ((15-25)% increased Mana Regeneration Rate AND (25-35)% chance to gain a Power Charge on Kill as well as the +1 power charge - I just got the Overcharged Achievement DWing those :). Also the Aylardex which IMO is BiS for the purple power charges!!! ;) (ignoring the existence of Voll's Devotion). I also wondered about using Malachai's Loop, but honestly didn't know if one would be frequently hitting max charges before they could be discharged - unfortunately I don't have one with which to experiment.

Also, have you tried Elemental Overload? My Discharge had around 10% crit. chance (depending on number of charges), and with it casting every 0.35 seconds, that's ought to be enough to get a crit. at least once every 8 seconds... Of course, getting crits is bad in that we lose Power Charges due to the Banquet, but I believe the mechanics work like this: Incinerate hits, generating PCs, and also every 0.45 to 0.35s triggers Discharge which, well, discharges those PCs. If Discharge crits then it refreshes EO, and there are no PCs for the Banquet to lose. It all gets messy when you consider the other spells on CwDT of course...

There's also Void Battery, but it's expensive again, and the increased global crit would probably mean the CwDT spells would waste PCs. Unless one took Resolute Techniqu...
Last edited by Norky on Feb 2, 2017, 1:33:59 PM
I've been playing this in Legacy league and it's going very well. With patch 2.6 this build got two buffs:
"
Rime Gaze: Increased Energy Shield mod increased to 180-200%. Gems now supported by Level 20 Concentrated Effect. No longer has Slower Start of ES Recharge, but has Reduced ES Recharge rate of 50%.

"
Mind over Matter has been moved (it is still connected to the same passive though). A new smaller cluster has been added behind Mind over Matter providing large increases to mana.

Higher-level concentrated effect from the helm, and a lot more mana for use with MoM.

It also got a nerf to area of effect:
"
Increased Area of Effect Support now grants 30% increased area of effect at level 1 (from 20% increased radius of area skills), up to 49% increased area of effect at level 20 (from 39%). This is a significant reduction to the area of effect provided by the gem.
Concentrated Effect Support now has 30% less Area of Effect for supported skills (from 25% less Radius) and now grants 35% More Area Damage at Level 1 (from 40%) to 54% More Area Damage at Level 20 (from 59%).

So with the gem level change to Rime Gaze and global changes to AoE, that's 39% increased radius and 25% less radius changed to 49% increased area of effect and 30% less Area of Effect. (We remain at 54% more area damage due to the conc. effect level increase.) How the area changes compound with changes to the tree is left as an exercise for the reader...

For my own character, I levelled with firestorm in a 3L +1 to fire wand (later Reverberation Rod) until I did the Normal Labyrinth to get Illuminated Devotion then I used a 4L helm with Scorching Ray, Cast while Channelling, Elemental Focus and Firestorm. I swapped to a Geoffri's Crest as soon as I could for the resists and +1 to gems. I went for MoM early, which made me very tanky, and with a Praxis and Blasphemy Warlord's Mark, mana was never an issue. (as a side note, stacking "Damage taken gained as Mana when Hit" from enough sources can get you to a stage where you never lose mana with MoM, making it a straight 30 or 40% damage reduction, but that's another build).

While levelling I took the endurance charge as it helps defence and ignored the power charges to get this passive tree at around L50-55.

It's worth noting that you need to reach L60 to equip Romira's Banquet to get the synergy of Incinerate generating charges to fuel Discharge - that's when I swapped into Incinerate, Ele. Focus, CwC, Discharge, specced into the extra power charges and the character really took off. I'm running Aylardex amulet and Moonsorrow, both very cheap options, as well as the newly-buffed Ambu's Charge body armour (life, res and conduit for Endurance Charges.) On the subject of cheap, because they're not currently popular, I was able to buy 20% quality Incinerate (longer range) and Discharge (bigger area) for a few chaos early in Legacy league.

As things stand now, I need to get a bit more life and fix my resistances, but the damage is very good indeed.

If anyone is interested, this character is Rykno
Last edited by Norky on Mar 20, 2017, 11:47:17 AM
Hey PewPewPew, tried your FB Ranger and "fell in love" with that build, but then I find video for this one and it was WoW. Question for you and fellow Exiles, is this still live and useful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info