PewPewPews Cheap Meltdown Build

This is a work in progress, as long as there are people interested in this build, I'll try to have it updated :)

PewPewPews Cheap Meltdown Build!
Sometimes you just want the world to explode. It's a good thing we have Meltdown! This build focuses around Discharge and Cast when Channeling. Now as this is only a work in progress, I'll start with the bare necessities.

Core concept
Our primary gem setup is Incinerate Linked to Cast when Channeling and Discharge. In order to always have charges available, we use a Romira's Banquet. In order to gain more charges, we get the Hierophant ascendancy. Especially because of Conviction of Power, as that grants use a 25% chance to gain an endurance charge, whenever we gain a power charge. Since we attack rather fast(Attack time should be between 0.12 and 0.14), we gain all the charges rather fast, even on single targets.

We have two forms of defence, namely the Kingsguard and Mind over Matter. Kingsguard is just good sustain. It's nothing extraordinary, as we only have 4 endurance charges at max. It's still good enough to be our only sustain. Keep in mind, there are no map mods in the game that can deny us that sustain, making it extremely valuable in no leech maps.

Mind over Matter is our defence against one shots, or big sustained damage. With the Hierophant's Divine Guidance skill node, we get a total of 40% of damage taken from mana, before life. We have a ]good life and mana pool, with my shitty gear gaining almost 7K EHP(possibly more as we have insane mana regen).

Gear! Cheap right?
Right. And with cheap, I mean dirt cheap. Not the "LOL THIS BUILD ONLY NEEDS A 5LINK TO WORK BUT I USE A 6LINK IN ALL MY VIDS BECAUSE 5L IS JUST SLOW AND SHIT"-kinda cheap. The core can be bought for 5c.

Don't believe me?

(Yes, we do not use a 6 or even a 5 Link)
(and this is the reason why. Boom, instant 6 link!)(Yes, 6, since we get 20% elemental pen from our ascendancy)

Everything can be rares or random stuff you find. Here's my setup.

Please note that the CwDT Setup in my Boots is only a placeholder. I am planning to do something more exciting with it. Kinda. Maybe. I guess?

What about the tree?
This is my final tree(This is at level 92, but honestly, you can be complete way earlier, as we don't need any jews(and again, my jews are... well crap. Please get some decent ones when you do try this build).

Bandits?!
Normal: Kill All or help Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Help Alira

Any video's
Sure, one for now.

Video!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Dec 22, 2016, 6:08:58 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2017, 5:17:18 AM
Forgot to post your helm. :)
how do you survive reflect?
Seems cool, fun to see more builds using CwC! I will definitely try this at some point. :)
Neat build using very cheap uniques! What was the highest content you pushed?
Avoid this build. With no way to get 4-7 pc before each discharge, you'll be doing 1k hits to mobs, some of which are lightning resistant.

Now, maybe if you want to farm Dried Lake breaches, sure. But you can't do any maps with boss mods using this build - simply not possible.
@Seufari: Woops, It's in there now :)

@Byrr: Made a little tweak, we have VP now. Should be able to run any map mods.

@sinfoniantuba11: ATM only T10, simply since I haven't found any higher maps yet. I'm positive I can easily run T11 and 12s with this setup.

@Orca_Orcinus: I think you don't understand this build. Even on a single target, it's possible to get 7/4 charges. Plus the Elemental Pen we get from our helm works great vs lig resistent mobs. I've run plenty of double boss maps, high health bosses etc etc.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Looks cool gonna pin this for next build
Looking forward for updates :-)
The "Aylardex" amulet seems like a nice addition to your build. Increased MoM effect, +1 power charge, life, mana , mana regen. If you can sacrifice your amulet slot. I really like your builds so thank you for your work and keep going strong :D
The "Aylardex" amulet seems like a nice addition to your build. Increased MoM effect, +1 power charge, life, mana , mana regen. If you can sacrifice your amulet slot. I really like your builds so thank you for your work and keep going strong :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info