[2.6] CRIT HoWA BF/ST Raider [13k ES, 60k BF/265k GMP ST DPS, Stun-immune] [4 sec Chayula kill]

"
streej wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
streej wrote:
Hello, i want to try this build for now, since i finished everything with my wander. I want to play as Pathfinder to get maximum from my flasks. Could you look at my planned tree and say what's wrong and what is right in this. Maybe i can save some points somewhere. Thank you.

Janus has actually done a pathfinder variant. You might wanna ask him!

Yeah, but he got those Skyforths, i dont have it and i dont think i will actually buy it.

Skyforths save you the points for Unwavering Stance. I cant recommend trying Pathfinder (which needs a few flask nodes) without them because the version is desperate for every single skill point.
IGN: @JanusHuntress

Thanks GGG for caring so much about your players: https://redd.it/57wexj
Am struggling with ES, is there any nodes youd recommend speccing out of to grab the ES witch nodes f.ex?

With the missing ES in mind, I have about an exalt to spend, where should i be looking?

Last edited by KasperBN on Mar 27, 2017, 2:05:32 AM
So what support gems should I take with a 5L with Spectral Throw? faster attacks, elemental focus or incr crit dmg?
"
zcythustk wrote:
"
claudio0405 wrote:
do u recommend the BF or the ST version?
which one is better?

IMO, BF has more dps and more like a boss killer while ST more like a mapper(can do boss though, but in end game bosses like t16 or uber ST would take longer and you will have to kite if your damage/es not high enough to facetank). However, I think ST is a good skill and really skill dependant, if you manage to dodge boss skills you can kill almost every bosses(while can be done on BF but harder it seems, you have to hold release etc).

ps. In a close layout map like gorge, ST vs BF clear speed is pretty much the same.

if u have a nice stuff ,i would say 10 ks es and 100k st (with gmp) in hideout ,st kill all t16 in one pot rot ,shaper easy too ,with only 1.2% leec and it clear map way faster than bf .( St helmet enchant +30Speed is so greet too when it come to kill boss with slower proj) .

ive try both skill and i realy think st is way better,maybe its just me.
"
Guchette94 wrote:
"
zcythustk wrote:
"
claudio0405 wrote:
do u recommend the BF or the ST version?
which one is better?

IMO, BF has more dps and more like a boss killer while ST more like a mapper(can do boss though, but in end game bosses like t16 or uber ST would take longer and you will have to kite if your damage/es not high enough to facetank). However, I think ST is a good skill and really skill dependant, if you manage to dodge boss skills you can kill almost every bosses(while can be done on BF but harder it seems, you have to hold release etc).

ps. In a close layout map like gorge, ST vs BF clear speed is pretty much the same.

if u have a nice stuff ,i would say 10 ks es and 100k st (with gmp) in hideout ,st kill all t16 in one pot rot ,shaper easy too ,with only 1.2% leec and it clear map way faster than bf .( St helmet enchant +30Speed is so greet too when it come to kill boss with slower proj) .

ive try both skill and i realy think st is way better,maybe its just me.

I agree, I've done phoenix with ST (2 man party) 47k tooltip DPS in hideout with GMP (about 80k-90k ish with slow proj.) and there's no portal left, it took me like almost 10 minutes? but It was really fun, the greatest time in my PoE carrier by far. However, about the clear speed, I also agree, but after I got Dying Sun with BF, it's much more enjoyable(not neccessary but pretty much QoL).

The reason I chose BF, because I always play in 2 man party and my friend play CoC Discharge which is a top tier map clearer, but his single target damage is not good, so I have to play BF, because it has better single target damage. If I play alone, I would also go ST.
Last edited by zcythustk on Mar 27, 2017, 4:49:40 AM
"
Boozler wrote:
I really appreciate the effort into putting this build together this is a lot of great information. I'm sorry if I missed the discussion already but have you weighed Eye of Chayula over Unwavering Stance? There'd be a strength hurdle to overcome, but there's a lot of extra talent points potentially on the table.

I also wonder if you need vitality void in addition to soul raker?

Thanks! :) Yup I have weighed Eye of Chayula vs US, and a good rare ammy with US wins the day versus Eye of Chayula (even with +1 frenzy charge)

There's actually no real need for vitality void in addition to soul raker if you're careful with your playstyle (its primarily to help mitigate ele reflect). Against normal mobs/bosses 1.2% leech should be enough if you dish out sufficient DPS.

"
KasperBN wrote:
Am struggling with ES, is there any nodes youd recommend speccing out of to grab the ES witch nodes f.ex?

With the missing ES in mind, I have about an exalt to spend, where should i be looking?

I would probably upgrade the gloves and boots. You should be able to get better gloves and boots without having to spend an ex in total if you trade carefully.

The least impact nodes (which would not affect your ES) that can be given up if you want more ES nodes would be the True Strike cluster imo.

"
xBattlefear wrote:
So what support gems should I take with a 5L with Spectral Throw? faster attacks, elemental focus or incr crit dmg?

I would probably go for ST - GMP - WED - Ele Focus - Lightning Pen. Incr. crit strikes may potentially be better than Ele Focus if your crit multi is high, but I suspect it won't be that high yet so Ele Focus will likely be better/
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

May you look at my character and tell me my next upgrade steps? Current GMP dps in HO is ~50k, 8.1k ES.
My profile is open, character name "send_nudes_" https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/phx/characters
"
I would probably go for ST - GMP - WED - Ele Focus - Lightning Pen. Incr. crit strikes may potentially be better than Ele Focus if your crit multi is high, but I suspect it won't be that high yet so Ele Focus will likely be better/

I'm at 289% crit multi is that high enough?
One small note, when searching for jewels you can also add % melee critical strike multiplier to your search parameters if you're using blade flurry.

P.
"
Unique Jewels
Fertile Mind x 2 --> Placed at the sockets to the right of and above Ranger
Brute Force x 1 --> Placed in the sockets at the left of Marauder

(For brute force)
Do you mean the socket south of duelist?... or.... am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info