[3.2] Very cheap ~ REVIVED 4 Million DPS+ RF Fire Nova Mine (Update soon)

this is the second time I'm trying a mines build. I think it was a bad idea to do mines while lvling.. now I hate them completely and don't want to try mines ever again.

the playstle is horrendous, you have to play really up close, you go in the middle of a pack, and instead of shooting or doing any damage to them, you start placing mines.

I always said melee in this game is suicidal. mines are way, way, way worse. mines are melee without.. melee. without the instant damage, or leech, and with a huge delay.

I think speed, mobility, is the most important quality of any PoE build. whirling blades is probably what kept me alive more than any other defense. not to mention that fast mapping is extremely important. it's not only fun, but also the best way to make currency in game.

mines are a mistake. the opposite of fun, fast clearing, or safe. remote detonation after some delay during which you are free-for-all death-on-demand killable.. no thanks. in PoE you need instant damage, you can't be idling inside a pack.. hoping to plant a bomb that might kill some of them..

it's so tedious to plant bombs that it's not even worth it for anything but large packs. so the clear is really bad, a lot of mobs will survive just fine, and it's insane to start planting one more bomb just to remove the last mob standing..
anyone else running tri-curse? I was struggling with uber atziri until i switched to tri curse (enfeeble, tc, and vuln from flask). now basically any content is ez pz. Also considering dropping oos/pcoc since it seems pretty useless for generation
Just beat Uber Atziri for the first time using the LL variant. So stoked!! Thanks for the build!
can anyone post video how to manage trio with this build? Kinda sketchy
"
blazedance wrote:
can anyone post video how to manage trio with this build? Kinda sketchy

I don't have a video but I failed hard the first time I tried. The second time I made sure to kill the projectile lady first. After that it's just a matter of laying mines and kiting around and detonating when they are in range. I used Conc. Effect; it's a little harder to hit them but they die pretty quick when you do.

So, yeah. Titty bitch first then kite kite kite!

Update: Shaper down!
Last edited by AntiStrange on Apr 16, 2017, 12:11:53 PM
should i stick with 5l heart or 6l regalia?
is heart really gain dps and defenses that much?
im sitting at 6.4 with heart and 8k with regalia
Well, it's me again.

I think I have done everything needed in this build, but I have 10x less DPS than expected. My damage per poison stack is only 55k, where it should be 550k.
I know gems and jewels are not optimal, but even if I change them to lvl 21 + put perfect jewels on path of building it doesn't change much.
Survivability is not a problem anymore tho, I'm happy with how "tanky" I am.

Here is my build, I would really appreciate if someone could have a look at it to tell me what's wrong!

Spoiler

Passive skill tree (extremely minor changes):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBUII1A18DkgOjg_EEQ8RLxFQEZYRwhV-FdcbJR2-HvAgbiL0I18nqSj6KgsrCiycLL8yGDOHNbk7fD1fQZZCekW5RwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNSr1RiVmNXyVxAXGtd8mSdZ_xp2GwIbAttGXBRcFJzbXWedm92gnpwfPB-WX6hfrB_xoLHhEiEd4auh8uP-pEHkyeXlZf0ndmgQ6EvoqOnK6ebrJitSq6zswO0DLVIt3W4yrv8vorBxcHzw23IDMrTzxXQH9DQ0PXXz9hU2VvbXtvn34rpAuq662Pr9ewY7hXviO_r8NXw-fGK8h331_k3?accountName=Darkxellmc&characterName=Darkxellmc

Armor and weapons:

Jewellery:

Flasks:

Jewels:

Again I know the ES one nees to be changed, but checked on path of building and with no surprise, my dps doesn't really increase from it.

6% Faster start of es recharge - 8% faster es recharge rate - 10% increased area damage

15% increased damage when dual weilding - 11% increased area damage - 14% increased mine damage

Thanks for having a look at it!

"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Well, it's me again.

I think I have done everything needed in this build, but I have 10x less DPS than expected. My damage per poison stack is only 55k, where it should be 550k.
I know gems and jewels are not optimal, but even if I change them to lvl 21 + put perfect jewels on path of building it doesn't change much.
Survivability is not a problem anymore tho, I'm happy with how "tanky" I am.

Here is my build, I would really appreciate if someone could have a look at it to tell me what's wrong!

Spoiler

Passive skill tree (extremely minor changes):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBUII1A18DkgOjg_EEQ8RLxFQEZYRwhV-FdcbJR2-HvAgbiL0I18nqSj6KgsrCiycLL8yGDOHNbk7fD1fQZZCekW5RwZJUUmxS65Ms1AwUlNSr1RiVmNXyVxAXGtd8mSdZ_xp2GwIbAttGXBRcFJzbXWedm92gnpwfPB-WX6hfrB_xoLHhEiEd4auh8uP-pEHkyeXlZf0ndmgQ6EvoqOnK6ebrJitSq6zswO0DLVIt3W4yrv8vorBxcHzw23IDMrTzxXQH9DQ0PXXz9hU2VvbXtvn34rpAuq662Pr9ewY7hXviO_r8NXw-fGK8h331_k3?accountName=Darkxellmc&characterName=Darkxellmc

Armor and weapons:

Jewellery:

Flasks:

Jewels:

Again I know the ES one nees to be changed, but checked on path of building and with no surprise, my dps doesn't really increase from it.

6% Faster start of es recharge - 8% faster es recharge rate - 10% increased area damage

15% increased damage when dual weilding - 11% increased area damage - 14% increased mine damage

Thanks for having a look at it!

550k is when you have 20 stacks of wither, it's not doable without it, and i'm sure that you counted your damage with only 1 stack.

Also, if you are talking about damage - concentrated effect instead of increase aoe is "must have"

Pretty much summs it up. After that, it will be only lvl gems and you quite buffed up.

P.S. Also, "corruption" node is bad choice, especially right branch. If you go for it - use left branch with 12% chaos damage - it will double dip your poison. 10% damage over time not only 2% fewer, it don't double dip anything and therefore, not really that usefull
Last edited by Med1umentor on Apr 17, 2017, 12:37:42 PM
@Med1umentor Ok yeah I counted only one stack of wither, didn't think it would make a *10 difference...
I'll level up my gems to 20/20 then, and yes I'm using conc effect for high tier bosses.
I guess getting a bit of intelligence here and there will help too.
Next big step might be to go LL, idk.

What do you recommend instead of the corruption node?
How are you guys getting Poison stacks? There's a node like 5 nodes from standard tree that will add Poison. But without that node I don't see any actual Poison damage, just Chaos. Did I miss an item/gem/something somewhere?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info