[3.2] Very cheap ~ REVIVED 4 Million DPS+ RF Fire Nova Mine (Update soon)

"
Med1umentor wrote:
Also, i don't know why nobody here using the fact that mines and character aren't the one entity.

The thing about vile bastion and damage from malediction isn't applied if enemy died by wave and not poison. Dying from poison is your kill, dying from initial hit - isn't your kill, so it's much less efficient.

But, we have a good thing about that. We have enchant on 90% crit chance if you haven't crit recently, and cause we as character only deal poison damage, and poison isn't hit to be crit, then we have 90% permanent crit! Isn't it sweet? Why isn't it abused here?

We don't only deal poison damage, we deal 60% (75% with mantle) chaos damage, even if we have 100% chaos there is still an initial flat chaos hit that then applies the poison, which is the one that is most likely to crit. However, only one mine-set will crit but the rest of them won't. You can test this by laying 3 mine sets away from each other and see that only one of the mine-sets actually crits for all pulses. It is a decent enchant but I believe stun-recovery enchant is better, or reduced mana-cost of skills or even 2% mana gained when you're hit.

Our crit is high enough already, I believe 40% or so, so we will be critting enough already. Not to mention, the boot enchant you talk about doesn't take you to 90% crit. It's a 90% crit increased modifier on your original crit chance.

Last edited by Worst_luck on Mar 16, 2017, 10:40:51 AM
"
Worst_luck wrote:
Not to mention, the boot enchant you talk about doesn't take you to 90% crit. It's a 90% crit increased modifier on your original crit chance.

Of course it's not taking you to 90% crit, it would be too op in that case :D
Here's my current gear. I downed corrupt guardians. I'm at over 8.4k ES with Disc. I absolutely love this build. I do feel squishy at times, but the faster ES stacking really really makes the mine playstyle work well.

I'm not sold on a flask setup though.
witchfire definitely seems right for bosses. Especially if you pop it after you place mines and move away.
Kiara's? the curse removal is nice, but I must be undervaluing it? I like a chemist's silver flask of heat because you get 2 uses out of it and it lasts longer, which is really nice for +cold damage maps.
I'm currently using a basalt for bleeds, but I might trade it out for a diamond of bleeds for maps.n

I'm planning on attempting shaper tonight.
Aside from switching out a flask for witchfire, are there any glaring issues in my gear/gems?

Spoiler

IGN: dwreckedarc
"
mmogamr wrote:
Here's my current gear. I downed corrupt guardians. I'm at over 8.4k ES with Disc. I absolutely love this build. I do feel squishy at times, but the faster ES stacking really really makes the mine playstyle work well.

I'm not sold on a flask setup though.
witchfire definitely seems right for bosses. Especially if you pop it after you place mines and move away.
Kiara's? the curse removal is nice, but I must be undervaluing it? I like a chemist's silver flask of heat because you get 2 uses out of it and it lasts longer, which is really nice for +cold damage maps.
I'm currently using a basalt for bleeds, but I might trade it out for a diamond of bleeds for maps.n

I'm planning on attempting shaper tonight.
Aside from switching out a flask for witchfire, are there any glaring issues in my gear/gems?

Spoiler

Now that is proper gear. You should really keep in the witchfire, and the rest of the pots is your preference. You can upgrade your boots as well.

What you can do if you feel squishy is swap out anger for another aura, and tricurse mobs with enfeeble. You should try that out if you can get your hands on a +1 curse chayula or re-allocate your passives on tree to get whispers of doom. Let me know how things go with that. If you could somehow still switch back to anger for nooby maps then that could work well too.
Last edited by Worst_luck on Mar 16, 2017, 5:17:54 PM
Hello, is multiple traps support working with fire nova mine? :/
"
Laÿne wrote:
Hello, is multiple traps support working with fire nova mine? :/

No, fire nova mine isn't a trap, it is supported by the minefield support.

Also.... question to the OP: did you find you died a lot while leveling? I am level 56 and have died 27 times, which is about 27 times more than usual for me lol. (I usually play marauders and duelists.) I have a 6L shavs and a noe ES +2 fire nova mine helm, so I'm not too worried about the leveling struggle. Just... really irritating getting stunned and/or 1 shot by yellows every now and then.

Also I found that swapping firestorm with arc made leveling a lot smoother from level 30ish to 53. I just used dual lifesprigs and a tabula til swapping to consuming darks at 53 and FNM. I used arc as a 5 link and also used a fireball in my 6th link (giving me another 5L set up) to help with the rare single target needs.
"
Worst_luck wrote:
"
hoilori wrote:
Hello! I am running this build with 6k ES, and I am trying to beat atziri. I always get 1-shot by the miniboss trio. How can I beat them without dying?

Ps. I already tried atziri 2 times and I can't even get to atziri!

If you can't one-shot atziri trio I don't really know what your problem is.

You can't just stand still at trio and expect to be able to tank all 3 of them. You walk in, lay ur totem and let them focus it for a bit, or your golem (whatever suits you) and then lay 3 mines on the titty bitch and she will get one-shot. If the others are in range of your conc FNM then one of them should die as well, leaving you with the last one which you can just kite around easily with your totem/temp chains. Atziri herself is a joke, and so is uber when you have a 6 link & the enchant.

Thanks a lot man! Somehow I never considered to use the totem as a tank. I finally beat atziri!

Ps: I already have the +2 repeat mine enchant on my helm, but I have a 5-link armor. Do you think I can do uber atziri?
Last edited by hoilori on Mar 17, 2017, 1:14:06 AM
I'm still pretty new to this game, How are you supposed to get that helm enchant? I looked on poe.trade and each helm costs 2 exalts. Is there supposed to be an easier way to get it or do I have to start saving?
"
Asian_Camgirl wrote:
I'm still pretty new to this game, How are you supposed to get that helm enchant? I looked on poe.trade and each helm costs 2 exalts. Is there supposed to be an easier way to get it or do I have to start saving?

You can either buy it from poe.trade(I got mine for 80 chaos) or you can farm uber lab.
"
Asian_Camgirl wrote:

You get those enchants from completing uber lab. Kinda like when you complete merc lab (you can enchant gloves, boots, or helm), but merc lab only gives +1, uber lab gives +2, and it's rare. There are like a bagillion different helm enchants, so that makes specific helm enchants incredibly rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info