[2.5]"Solar Flare" Righteous Fire, Scorching Ray Cast When Channel Flame Surge Inquisitor

have you considered goign low life for more spell damage?
Still enjoying this build. I could still upgrade some of my rares and maybe get a legacy Kaom's (lol) but otherwise his gearing is mostly finished. Got a Xoph's Blood and Red Nightmare, both of which are nice upgrades. Also got the 2% regen if I've been hit recently on boots and that's really good.

I really recommend ditching the CWDT-BV and just using Orb of Storms instead. It seems way more reliable, often helps get EO up right at the start of boss fights, and most importantly it only takes one link so I can run Arctic Armor. I've only got something like 36 unreserved mana left, which basically is no problem as I regen faster than I can use it with just scorching ray and shield charge. The only time it's vaguely annoying is having to turn off Arctic Armor to get enough mana to resummon my golem.

Also I can't stress enough how huge it is to get a lvl 20 Purity of Fire. Jumping from lvl 19 to lvl 20 adds just one more max fire resist, but it was enough in my build to notice a huge change. With lvl 19 PoF, my health only slowly regened with RF on and not standing on consecrated ground, but once the gem hit level 20 the regen even with RF on is decent, and phenomenal when on consecrated ground. Really a huge boost to survivability on its own, and the effect is even more noticeable when you pop a ruby flask.
How about using new Meginord's gloves ? 100 strength and 2% regen ....
Have you made your calc for Doryani`s sceptre (it rly looks like the higher dmg increase)
also what is your oppinion on the Guardian ascendancy (while lacking in dmg it has verry strong cleanse combined with 6% life regen "kinda", and it seems more suitable for RF)
Hey man!

I loved this build so much that I am going to play this when I will be able to come back to the game in autumn (probably for the second FoO league).

Are you considering to keep this guide updated after 3.0? Else I will play it anyway, and enrich it with the addon's new possibilities.

best regards & thanks for the awesome concept
I switched to this build in the 2W Turmoil event from a life wander. I forgot how smoothly regen casters level!

Only about 1/2 way through cruel ATM, but have played RF builds in the past and really like the way this build evolves. Scorching ray/firestorm alone are good starters and then once you get CwC to mix them together...

I have not played Inquisitor RF before, so this will be a bit of a new wrinkle. Looking forward to how it does end game and would also like to echo that when 3.0 comes out I would love to see a revamp of this build. Seems to me there is nothing but positives and more options incoming.
Decided to curb this character in the 2W event. Only made it to 71, which isn't nearly enough to speak in terms of viability. I had 4k life, which is plenty for early mapping. I really think RF builds will shine in 3.0, so this build could get a big boost. This feedback is not meant to bash the build, but rather give some insight to others who are curious about playing it or something similar in 3.0.

The reason I decided to curb the character was that I eventually realized that I was playing 2 inferior versions of other builds. My gear could sustain RF, but it wasn't overwhelming to the point I felt as sturdy or as potent as my previous pure RF Chieftain.

Likewise, I loved scorching ray for bosses. But I know I wasn't getting the full amount of DPS I should have been for a pure SR or CwC build. And similar to my issues with RF, I simply never felt as tanky as I should have for a 4k life/max res character with decent armor. It made general mapping a lot more tense than I'd prefer and made me question why I wasn't playing a more glass cannon character that could glide through maps.

The strength of this build was definitely versatility. You can adapt to map conditions and decide how to efficiently tackle them. But it is also super busy if you try to use all the mechanics together.

Anyways, that was my 2 cents. I applaud the creativity. The build was super fun to level with and I'm sure with tweaking in my gear and a little perseverance it would have made it much further.

A few suggestions if you do revamp this guide for 3.0:
1) Spend a little more time on the leveling section including useful uniques and starter gear. I actually went back to my RF character several times to get an idea of what gear I should have and as another poster suggested there are some nice revamps to old uniques that were helpful.
2) If you make changes to your end goal gear/gems, update them in the main post. I found some updates later in the posts that seemed to differ from the original gear. I'm one of the few people that would actually read through all that to see what has changed ;)
Just started building this off your template, but today your passive tree is not loading. It goes to 99% and just sits there. Help!
Would Herald of Ash give us any sort of increase at all worth mentioning?
"
endersblade wrote:
Would Herald of Ash give us any sort of increase at all worth mentioning?

no as it is gained from phys dmg.. if you want to use something here, use anger. but most will go vitality and purity of fire anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info