[2.5]"Solar Flare" Righteous Fire, Scorching Ray Cast When Channel Flame Surge Inquisitor

"
Lizische wrote:
Has anyone tried this build as a Marauder Chieftain?

Marauder Chieftan is also very strong with this build and actually quite a bit cheaper because you can generate endurance charges much easier. It does not have the end game damage output that inquisitor brings though.
Thanks for the update tree.

YOu can save a point under Sanctity there is a dexterity point that can be remove.

Fly safe
"
Tagmatar wrote:
Thanks for the update tree.

YOu can save a point under Sanctity there is a dexterity point that can be remove.

Fly safe

Thanks I removed that dex. It didn't exist in my original tree. Although it is important to mention that you may need the +25 dex node while leveling for certain skills.
Tell me pls what are you take in inquisitor skills firstly? And next pls(2 lab and 3 lab.
Leveled a pizza sticks templar for the Legacy league start and while it seemed really strong, I didn't like it for two reasons: 1) it's pretty darn boring and 2) until you get loads of crit and especially cast speed, the totems are really bad at doing rifts or other situations where you get swarmed. So I decided to start putting together gear for a version of this build.

I made some tweaks to the tree* based on some feedback in this thread. Instead of going for those fire nodes up top I'm going to go down and take more life nodes to get Bloodless. A higher health pool = more survivable, plus more RF damage as well. Per the previous post it probably is lower DPS (and definitely lowers the SR-CwC-FS damage) but I prefer a bit more survivability.

To that end I've also made some tweaks to the gearing. Instead of Kaom's I picked up a cheap Astral Plate with a huge amount of armor, strength and life. I could spend quite a bit of currency to get one with resists but I don't think I'll need them. Having a high base armor chest should work incredibly well with the helm for this build as I should be stacking very high armor values to make the tankiness even more potent.

Also toward that end, I found a cool talisman that I'll wear until I can get a Xoph's Blood. It has 2% life regen, 13% additional armor, and 10% fire damage, so should fit this build rather nicely.

An added bonus to having extra links in the chest slot is I can add in some other goodies: minion life support on the stone golem, adding Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to my shield charge links to generate endurance charges without needing that expensive jewel, tossing in Vaal Lightning Trap to make up for some of the lost damage vs. bosses that I'm sacrificing for tankiness, and throwing in Arctic Armor to further increase facetanking ability.

I'm pretty confident in my variations; the only thing up in the air is how quick RF will melt mobs while mapping with the lower DPS my changes will result in, plus losing something like 350 flat life on the chest armor probably won't be totally made up for just with those extra life nodes, so I might wind up with a smaller health pool than I otherwise would.

I'll post again once I'm ready to make the switch in build (I'll need a few more levels and some regrets) and let you know the results!

Thanks!

*As for the tree: if you guys ever come across an out-dated tree, just copy the link and paste it in PoE Planner, which does a much better job of preserving the node pathing after tree updates.

Here's my proposed final tree, suggestions welcome:

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAQcVMwCBA3UEBwSzBg4J9gxfDc0UIBZvGFYZLho4Gj4abBynHM4c3B8CJKonLyftKS4rUDLRNZI2xTbpOtg64TwFPC09Dz1fPfxBh0PIRUdFnUyzTeNPBFBHUlNTUlOlVcZWSFcNWGNboF8EXz9mVGhlaHRo8nwOfLh8u4IHgpuDX4PMg9uFe4zPjxqQVZErl5WX9Jo7muCdrp7Nn8uf36IAplenCKcwp1Wtja-ntz7AZsRYxPbGrs9-0B_SIdR82CTYvdlh2mLjauvu7DjvDu987-vwH_Gs8i_yQfJF85v2SPno_gr-VP6PAecUTfxLvJ8YkTpYxtgMUimLgDCbbpx7qLnfhu1hAAARAAACAAfQAQPoAQMLEQABDQAAAA==
One thing to consider is that when I have my top gear, my life is sitting around 9k. Although I definitely think the burning nodes can be removed in favor of other things, the only real threats you will face to your 9k health pool are guardians, uber atziri and shaper. Uber lab izaro is not really a challenge with this build. Further, getting additional health is not really going to help with those end game fights much because the real source of the problem is lack of high regen with RF on and without RF lack of dps.

If you really want to be more effective either find a way to get like 4-5% more regen for those particular bosses and keep RF on or find a way to buff your DPS without RF significantly for those particular fights and use your crazy regen with RF off.
Well, I'm coming at this more as a way to put this build together as a league starter, rather than a crazy boss farmer. The main reason for even building like I am is because farming the currency for a Kaom's, Xoph's and that jewel is just beyond easy reach right at league start. My armor cost 1c compared to a couple ex for Kaom's, same for my amulet. The most expensive items were the helm and Doon, but still within easy reach of a league starter. Transitioning to more total HP and dps per the build guide is probably what I'll go for later on, unless I find my tweaks too hard to give up. It's also up in the air if I'll really wanna throw tons of currency at this character rather than use funds to try another character and another build.

Switched over to RF last night though, and have definitely been impressed. Keeping RF off and rushing through lab traps and turning it back on to melt Izaro was really satisfying.
Damn the new head mtx is realy nice for our build!

I like 2.6, cuz we get some uniqs changes. For example, the Hrimnor's Resolve. Ofc, it dont gives such defensive benefits as Formless Inferno, but dmg boost is always welcome. I also using Immortal Flesh for now, loving that regeneration both life and mana (good they removed -%max res!). For leveling, Meginord's gloves was really helpful - 2% life reg. Still gathering currency for good jewelery, so Im running Bino's Collar. For sure, I will grab one of Relic RotP =)

Im also thinking, to try make a 6L armour, but makes it 5B on Belly or any Astral Plate can be hard. I had check dmg on Tabula Rasa, and that could be pretty awesome with Vaal Lighting Trap. I still think, that Doryani's is also good for this build, especially if dont have high str and not using Kaom's Heart (got 412 atm...). Good, my first Atziri very generous with +%ele roll.

I going for Uber and Shapper, just need time to fix my life pool and get more damage.
Last edited by _Aldheart_ on Mar 18, 2017, 2:01:10 AM
"
Here are the mods you should look for when buying or crafting jewels for this build.
Damage Mods (best to worst)
16% fire damage
10% damage
12% area damage
16% spell damage with shield

as i understand you speak about 16% fire spell damage and 10% spell damage? is it true?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info