[2.5]"Solar Flare" Righteous Fire, Scorching Ray Cast When Channel Flame Surge Inquisitor

I've been enjoying the build so far, but came up with another tweak that I think improves performance and helps mitigate the costliness a bit:

I was trying for endurance charge generation with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in the shield charge links, but it just doesn't work. Even with the huge stun threshold reduction on Shield Charge and the extra on that endurance charge support, shield charge simply doesn't do enough damage to stun things and thus rarely generates charges. Enduring Cry is much better as it reliably generates charges and can be used against bosses as well.

The best part is, I think you can even work it into the Kaom's build with more limited links! I was also pretty disappointed in the CWDT - Blade Vortex performance for triggering Elemental Overload. It worked OK against high-health targets but the blade uptime even on a lvl 1 CWDT gem is just so small, plus we've got no crit in our build. Taking a cue from my Whispering Ice elementalist, I switched to self-cast Orb of Storms. The cast time is super fast and Orb of Storms generates crits extremely quickly and reliably since EO will trigger off of any one of the giant amount of hits Orb of Storms results in even with no crit on the tree anywhere. Getting rid of that second CWDT gem also frees up a slot for Enduring Cry if you're using Kaom's so there's no need to try to get good resists while also using an Unset Ring for the extra gem slot. Once you get a Red Dream/Nightmare, you could then drop Enduring Cry and replace it with Arctic Armor.

The downside is there are one or two more things to manually cast, so it's a bit of a busier playstyle, but hey, maybe people would get bored just right click shield charging and only sometimes using SR-CwC-FS anyway.
Hi bro! Are there necesary have the gem support faster attack in level 9 and the blade vortex in level 6?
"
Hi bro! Are there necesary have the gem support faster attack in level 9 and the blade vortex in level 6?

No, you can run as high lv ans you like. Just, keep in mind, that the effect will be lowered accordingly. I had use Blade Vortex as below in Breach:

Small thing about Red Nightmare - keep in mind, that we dont get that 5% chaos damage due to Avatar of Fire from Xoph's Blood =P
"
iamntbatman wrote:
I've been enjoying the build so far, but came up with another tweak that I think improves performance and helps mitigate the costliness a bit:

I was trying for endurance charge generation with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun in the shield charge links, but it just doesn't work. Even with the huge stun threshold reduction on Shield Charge and the extra on that endurance charge support, shield charge simply doesn't do enough damage to stun things and thus rarely generates charges. Enduring Cry is much better as it reliably generates charges and can be used against bosses as well.

The best part is, I think you can even work it into the Kaom's build with more limited links! I was also pretty disappointed in the CWDT - Blade Vortex performance for triggering Elemental Overload. It worked OK against high-health targets but the blade uptime even on a lvl 1 CWDT gem is just so small, plus we've got no crit in our build. Taking a cue from my Whispering Ice elementalist, I switched to self-cast Orb of Storms. The cast time is super fast and Orb of Storms generates crits extremely quickly and reliably since EO will trigger off of any one of the giant amount of hits Orb of Storms results in even with no crit on the tree anywhere. Getting rid of that second CWDT gem also frees up a slot for Enduring Cry if you're using Kaom's so there's no need to try to get good resists while also using an Unset Ring for the extra gem slot. Once you get a Red Dream/Nightmare, you could then drop Enduring Cry and replace it with Arctic Armor.

The downside is there are one or two more things to manually cast, so it's a bit of a busier playstyle, but hey, maybe people would get bored just right click shield charging and only sometimes using SR-CwC-FS anyway.

I've been leveling using orb of storms for Elemental Overload and auto-cursing with Orb of Storms/COH/Flammability. Worked well so far.
Xoph's blood is like 3.5ex on Leagacy SC.... any other options that might work? I'll never be able to afford that. I have just enough to Kaom's heart though so that at least is good (and the rest of the items are pretty cheap).
I am doing this build as a Scion using Elementalist and Juggernaut in addition to the Witch starting point, which saves about 4 or 5 passive points, and it has been going well so far. I should probably try the Inquisitor Scion instead of Juggernaut but the chill and stun immunity are just really superb. There are a few things I would like to say about it.

First, I would recommend getting a Redblade Band. This item is basically perfect for the build as it provides you with an additional socket, strength, fire damage and life, in addition to a permanent Stone Golem that grants a higher life regen. I believe it's a best in slot after it's buff.

Secondly, I really am not getting as much a benefit from Immortal Call as I'd like. The build in itself is already extremely mobile since you can damage enemies whilst running around them, and with the AoE buff to Conc Effect you don't have to be so close to enemies anymore (or you could just use Area of Effect gem if surviving is an issue). Definitely feel like Immortal Call could be replaced by Enduring Cry or Rejuv Totem.

I do not know how much Formless Inferno gives me, but I believe it could easily be rivaled by a rare 30% more ele damage helmet with high life and armor, but maybe I am underestimating the armor you get from it. Such a crafted helment is definitely something you want as an end-gear item.

Nicely balanced build though, works really well. Just wish I could work Vitality in somehow. :/
Last edited by TotallyChime on Mar 28, 2017, 3:17:49 AM
"
KAJed wrote:
Xoph's blood is like 3.5ex on Leagacy SC.... any other options that might work? I'll never be able to afford that. I have just enough to Kaom's heart though so that at least is good (and the rest of the items are pretty cheap).

Yeah, get a rare talisman with the 2% life regen implicit. If you could find one with fire damage, strength, life, resists you might need, armor/fire resist, that'd be pretty good.
I finally switched in to this build at 65. I'm 73 now. It's super fun. However I have a few problems.

1- there seems to be a number of mods I can't run. -X to max res. vulnerability, -40% regen. I feel like there are way more things I can't do with this that I CAN do with my Flame Totems.

2- endurance charges. I am going to have to run the cry because red dream is insanely expensive.

3- so is xophs blood

4- desecrate ground :( or really any ground that does damage.

Maybe once I'm higher level with more than 5k health it will be better but dang. Still... zipping around and slaughtering everything is lots of fun.
"
KAJed wrote:
I finally switched in to this build at 65. I'm 73 now. It's super fun. However I have a few problems.

1- there seems to be a number of mods I can't run. -X to max res. vulnerability, -40% regen. I feel like there are way more things I can't do with this that I CAN do with my Flame Totems.

2- endurance charges. I am going to have to run the cry because red dream is insanely expensive.

3- so is xophs blood

4- desecrate ground :( or really any ground that does damage.

Maybe once I'm higher level with more than 5k health it will be better but dang. Still... zipping around and slaughtering everything is lots of fun.

Once you get higher life and your gear all sorted out, you can run up to 60% less regen maps without much issue. Vulnerability also np.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info