(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

"
Dagnius wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
Harest wrote:

And yeah i wanted to say something about your mana reservation not being optimized at all but it's already done. You want to put Flammability (boom 44% more damages) or Enfeeble (boom 25% less damages & others nice debuffs to enemies even w/ a gem lvl 10) instead of your Warlord's Mark. And Herald of Ash instead of Hatred since it's cut in half due to the amulet affix Avatar of Fire.

Perma-fortify is kinda required, and in the end its only like a 5% damage diffrence. As for curses, I can only use one (don't have the time, or currency to rebuild my setup, again), and i woudl prefer warlords for leech, maybe if i ever get my uber lab done, but its been near impossible with crashes, and jsut general BS (double overlapping temporal chains over a sawblade trap that i can't jump over with leap slam, COME ON), As for herald of ash vs hatred, i did some tests and foudn that hatred still offers more damage, even when cut in half.

Just put fortify on leap slam. I start combat my leaping into packs and start spinning. I'll admit I have no clue how hatred works with a build where you have 100% physical damage conversion. I just always picked HoA because we do 100% fire it helps fire anyway you get the picture. If you have vaal pact you don't need warlords mark( I made this mistake and stopped dual cursing I just use flammability now). Also if you want more dps it wont show on your tooltip but Flammability is about the best damn curse you can get as it lowers fire resistance by a huge amount combined with your fire pen its amazing. don't forget that monsters resistances can do -infinium the more negative they are the more dmg you do.

Avatar of ash converts ALL damage to fire at a 50% ratio, and heralds also applydamage before being converted, so i gain 35% of my phys as cold, then 100% of my phys is converted to fire, then 50% of my cold is converted to fire. ALSO, i did some checking and realised i needed warlords for endurance charges for my CWDT setup, since posting i have gotten my hands on a lvl 20 vaal cyclone (for 1c if you can believe that), and added it to my CWDT setup for inceased duration, and took off molten shell becuase molsten shell only gave like... 1% damage reduction when active anyways. But i have changed my aura setup to use ash instead of hatred, and started leveling a flammability jsut in case.
"
gubaguy wrote:

Perma-fortify is kinda required, and in the end its only like a 5% damage diffrence.

You don't really want to tell me that the "more" damage from elemental focus is equivalent to the "increased" damage from fortify? Have you even tried it?

"

As for curses, I can only use one (don't have the time, or currency to rebuild my setup, again), and i woudl prefer warlords for leech, maybe if i ever get my uber lab done, but its been near impossible with crashes

I'd personally even respec 2 ascendancy points to get the 100% leech over the 40 more damage.
Because with 100% leech, you trivialize the game even more than with a free multiplier.

About Hatred/HoA:
Hatred provides 36/2=18% additional damage, HoA 15% at all levels.
25% more mana reserved for 3% damage? Easy choice.

Endurance charges:
Use Enduring Cry from time to time if you desperatly need them, or put ECoMS on your Vengeance gem. But using Warlord's Mark over Flammability?

Molten shell:
I don't care about the armor, I want the instant leech once it explodes.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

Perma-fortify is kinda required, and in the end its only like a 5% damage diffrence.

You don't really want to tell me that the "more" damage from elemental focus is equivalent to the "increased" damage from fortify? Have you even tried it?

"

As for curses, I can only use one (don't have the time, or currency to rebuild my setup, again), and i woudl prefer warlords for leech, maybe if i ever get my uber lab done, but its been near impossible with crashes

I'd personally even respec 2 ascendancy points to get the 100% leech over the 40 more damage.
Because with 100% leech, you trivialize the game even more than with a free multiplier.

About Hatred/HoA:

Endurance charges:
Use Enduring Cry from time to time if you desperatly need them, or put ECoMS on your Vengeance gem. But using Warlord's Mark over Flammability?

Molten shell:

Do you think the 100% leech makes this better for survivability than champion would be with the perma fortify?
"
Do you think the 100% leech makes this better for survivability than champion would be with the perma fortify?

It's better for endgame content, you'd have to spec alot of leech nodes together with Vaal Pact to get decent survivability on a champ for endgame content and even then it wouldn't compare at all to a Berserker with VP and CIS active.

I played an Earthquake Champion before this and the original build was a wet noodle compared to the Berserker. After I altered it, it fared better against high level content, but it was still no comparison.

If you want to do endgame content on a melee build you need 3 things:

-high damage
-a high damage buffer (hp/es)
-high leech to refill your hp/es, so you always tank on full bar

Berserker has better damage, as well as much better leech over Champion, so it's a relatively easy choice. In terms of HP both are pretty much identical with the nodes they take, but Berserker takes 10% increased damage, so it's not quite as tanky as a Champ on the same hp.

@the other discussion:

Peterlock is right with what he said. Warlords Mark isn't needed in this build, there are much better options and you take HoA over Hatred, because the damage difference is too small to justify the increased mana reservation.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Feb 3, 2017, 6:55:08 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

"

About Hatred/HoA:

Endurance charges:

Molten shell:

Alright i'll try elemental focus... With fortify my damage is 62k... With focus its... 88k... Alright... Maybe theres something to elemental focus...
So I got this to drop in my 5th Uber Atziri run

and I have to say, I'm pretty hesitant to do anymore Uber Atziri runs, because it's a major money sink and feels pretty unrewarding at this point. Even with this dropping in my 5th run, I'm still down about 4 Ex already and getting something valuable so early is pretty lucky to begin with. It's a shame Uber Atziri is such a waste of currency later in the league, because I'd love to do more runs and get better at it, but it just doesn't create any value.

Shaper on the other hand is pretty rewarding so far, if you do a full run including the 4 guardians and shaper himself (would be alot less rewarding buying the shapersets).

I made some good money doing about 30+ (not really sure anymore, didn't count) full cycles by now.

Also recorded a deathless Phoenix and deathless shaper which I'll probably upload at the weekend, now only a deathless Uber Atziri is missing, which I couldn't get in my 5 runs. I'd like to record a deathless Uber Atziri, but as I said, I'm pretty hesitant to do more runs, because it's such a money sink. Maybe I'll do a run every now and then, but then again on a melee char without enough practice, or enough hp/es to tank certain things, deathless seems rather difficult.

Edit: Oh yeah, made a ton of currency in Uberlab as well, although the build doesn't necessarily excel in the lab, it can still do it easily and consistent once you reach a certain amount of hp.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Feb 3, 2017, 1:36:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the thread, that switch to Berserker made my fire-cycloner going!

I was experimenting a bit with Schokoladenonkels skilltree as it is right now and think I found a better pathing right past point blank without loss of life and no substantial loss of other stats

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPshAAB7BS0HdQmWDjwTTBQgFE0UcRfhGJEZiiFVIq8m-CcgKjgs-y5TMHcyfjWSOFM5DjpSOuE8LT38QKBHfk4yUEdYY1n-XhNfP2FSZFJlTWebaGVyqXTtdqx253h6eu982YIHg1-DzITFhNmE74Zgh2qKIozPlwaXeZu1plepJ6mUrj63PryfvTa-p8CmwaPDOsQVxPbGrsbYz37Tb9i92Xzawdw94mHkUeoY7w7vTvJF8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_o8hYHTxGNsUdaTC7g6jivljFfAF-SP2TZKNfZXM7T_8xQ2NW6-HduOfSn0W6SGQJDdf0JhXvwjqEPhfAAAAAAA=

with this tree you get 2% more life and a gemslot at the cost of 20% attack speed, 20% added damage and 15% added projectile damage. Should be worth it imo.
Hi guys,

I would like to ask if Projectile Weakness helps to increase Molten Burst fire balls on mobs?

Is this ring is good for this build?
"
Harpel wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the thread, that switch to Berserker made my fire-cycloner going!

I was experimenting a bit with Schokoladenonkels skilltree as it is right now and think I found a better pathing right past point blank without loss of life and no substantial loss of other stats

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAPshAAB7BS0HdQmWDjwTTBQgFE0UcRfhGJEZiiFVIq8m-CcgKjgs-y5TMHcyfjWSOFM5DjpSOuE8LT38QKBHfk4yUEdYY1n-XhNfP2FSZFJlTWebaGVyqXTtdqx253h6eu982YIHg1-DzITFhNmE74Zgh2qKIozPlwaXeZu1plepJ6mUrj63PryfvTa-p8CmwaPDOsQVxPbGrsbYz37Tb9i92Xzawdw94mHkUeoY7w7vTvJF8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_o8hYHTxGNsUdaTC7g6jivljFfAF-SP2TZKNfZXM7T_8xQ2NW6-HduOfSn0W6SGQJDdf0JhXvwjqEPhfAAAAAAA=

with this tree you get 2% more life and a gemslot at the cost of 20% attack speed, 20% added damage and 15% added projectile damage. Should be worth it imo.

Hate to break it to you, but you overlooked a gemslot, so you only get 2% more life at the cost of the 20% added damage, 15% projectile damge and 20% attack speed. The 20% increased damage and 15% increased projectile damage you could probably live without, but the 20% attack speed is a pretty substantial damage boost, that I'd not want to give up for a measly 2% extra life. You also overlooked 20% increased Elemental Damage, 4% Movespeed and the fact that you get quite a bit more intelligence on my tree, which helps a lot to max out all the blue gems the build sports.
Last edited by Schokoladenonkel on Feb 11, 2017, 7:05:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info