(3.0)Berserker Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone(Breach Destroyer)

How does everyone here feel about this on this build? with better rolls obviously
No, this wont work, cyclone is not a fire skill and devoto is just too good to pass up.
Having 8.1k life with belly and farming guardians very easily. Take a look at my profile if you're interested. Also have a legacy version.
"
forestgrenpa wrote:
No, this wont work, cyclone is not a fire skill and devoto is just too good to pass up.

Ngamahu's convert's 50% of phys to fire, and if you have xophs blood its 100%. Also, maybe im jsut a bit out of touch, but how is deveto's good? It reduces your damage and gives you some attack speed and move speed...
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
forestgrenpa wrote:

Ngamahu's convert's 50% of phys to fire, and if you have xophs blood its 100%.

For the "cannot be chilled or frozen" line to work, you need to use an active skill gem that has the tag "fire".
It doesn't matter what type of damage your cyclone does, it will never have this tag unter its name.

You could manually curse monsters with Flammability (that curse has a "fire" tag), but who would really want to do that? ;-)

"
Also, maybe im jsut a bit out of touch, but how is deveto's good? It reduces your damage and gives you some attack speed and move speed...

The damage reduction is so minimal, you won't even notice.
The attack speed is five times as strong for your dps.
And the movespeed is great quality of life.

...but most important, it's accessible.
Anyone can find a Devoto's, and tons of people throw uber lab enchantments on them, so you'll also be able to buy one with a good enchantment one day.

(There's nothing wrong with wearing Hrimnor's helmet if you want to. It's a solid helmet for this build, it's just not the strongest choice.)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Any reason why this build doesn't go Point Blank? It's a few points out of the way, which is unfortunate, but it's 50% more damage on our Molten Burst projectiles, which is a huge increase in single target damage. It also puts you closer to Hatchet Master nodes which are very strong as well.

I Would like a better players insight on this. I'm still leveling this build so I can't test it myself just yet, but I'm loving the play style right now. Was just curious as to whether it was worth it to grab the extra projectile damage.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
forestgrenpa wrote:

Ngamahu's convert's 50% of phys to fire, and if you have xophs blood its 100%.

For the "cannot be chilled or frozen" line to work, you need to use an active skill gem that has the tag "fire".
It doesn't matter what type of damage your cyclone does, it will never have this tag unter its name.

You could manually curse monsters with Flammability (that curse has a "fire" tag), but who would really want to do that? ;-)

"
Also, maybe im jsut a bit out of touch, but how is deveto's good? It reduces your damage and gives you some attack speed and move speed...

The damage reduction is so minimal, you won't even notice.
The attack speed is five times as strong for your dps.
And the movespeed is great quality of life.

...but most important, it's accessible.
Anyone can find a Devoto's, and tons of people throw uber lab enchantments on them, so you'll also be able to buy one with a good enchantment one day.

(There's nothing wrong with wearing Hrimnor's helmet if you want to. It's a solid helmet for this build, it's just not the strongest choice.)

I didnt even care about the chilled/frozen mod, i was jsut interested in the damage from the start.
"
Volkspirit wrote:
Any reason why this build doesn't go Point Blank? It's a few points out of the way, which is unfortunate, but it's 50% more damage on our Molten Burst projectiles, which is a huge increase in single target damage. It also puts you closer to Hatchet Master nodes which are very strong as well.

I Would like a better players insight on this. I'm still leveling this build so I can't test it myself just yet, but I'm loving the play style right now. Was just curious as to whether it was worth it to grab the extra projectile damage.

Point Blank is socketed in the axe.
Alright, someone wanna take a look at my build and let me know if:
-I shoudl build any armour? So far as i can tell, its worthless to use armour with how little i actually have.
-Str, or armour on my boots?
-Ele focus, or fortiy/lifegain on hit on my belly
-Literally anything else i can do to improve myself, I've been strugglign with endgame mapping, mostly agaisnt temp chains, and tier 15/guardian maps.

Gear:
Spoiler

also, anyoen who can do math will see i am shy 2 fire res, I'm aware, i plan on using my next skillpoint to grab a life/res node to max out, then my final (lvl 90) point to get iron grip on tree, maybe... Been leveling a regular grip that might be put in place of fire pen, still debating what to do.

EDIT: Wow im stupid, so many lvl 20 gems i coudl be releveling with quality...
Last edited by gubaguy on Mar 17, 2017, 8:31:32 PM
6 shaper runs, 6 times gloves, I am triggered beyond imagination.

EDIT: 7th run, same shit xD

EDIT2: Chayula done, facetanked him all the way.

EDIT3: Why are you using lions roar flask? It has negative synergy with cyclone.
Last edited by forestgrenpa on Mar 18, 2017, 1:00:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info