[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

Hi,

I had a really great time this league with my golems. I followed this build but made some little adjustments for my personal "needs". I felt a bit squishy at the beginning, too, so I decided to use discipline as an additional aura and apply the second curse via ball lightning (which also proccs elemental equilibirum) instead of blasphemy. It's a more active gameplay, but that was no problem for me. For inspirations you can look at my char "FunkenFurie".

With this char I managed to kill the shaper several times and it was really fun! All the guardians are not a problem either, even with bad mods. Of course not every time it was deathless (yes, I'm softcore at heart), but I never failed completely and lost all portals. My Char is now sitting at 3600 life and 8600 energy shield with really nice damage and the great advantage of this build: run around and dodge all the dangerous stuff while your golems do the work. :-)

I'm really in love with this build, because I didn't manage to kill the shaper last league (and I really tried hard with my reach of the council assassin) and somehow with this build it just works for me, because I can focus on dodging stuff while my golems do the damage.
El Psy Kongroo.
Last edited by Zimtdrop on Jan 15, 2017, 4:36:40 PM
"
Zimtdrop wrote:
Hi,

I had a really great time this league with my golems. I followed this build but made some little adjustments for my personal "needs". I felt a bit squishy at the beginning, too, so I decided to use discipline as an additional aura and apply the second curse via ball lightning (which also proccs elemental equilibirum) instead of blasphemy. It's a more active gameplay, but that was no problem for me. For inspirations you can look at my char "FunkenFurie".

With this char I managed to kill the shaper several times and it was really fun! All the guardians are not a problem either, even with bad mods. Of course not every time it was deathless (yes, I'm softcore at heart), but I never failed completely and lost all portals. My Char is now sitting at 3600 life and 8600 energy shield with really nice damage and the great advantage of this build: run around and dodge all the dangerous stuff while your golems do the work. :-)

I'm really in love with this build, because I didn't manage to kill the shaper last league (and I really tried hard with my reach of the council assassin) and somehow with this build it just works for me, because I can focuse on dodging stuff while my golems do the damage.

I was wondering why this build doesnt feature a ring with blue socket for extra aura such as disc. How well did it work for you ?
"
Sprutfarbrorn wrote:
Quick question, are we supposed to be super-squishy? i mean as slow as i go, i can get oneshotted by alot of stuff (3.7k es 3.6k life) Or is there something the guide isnt telling us that is just "common knowledge" for this?

Thanks alot!

Your EHP is not high enough. Aim for 11k, then you will feel much much better with survivability.
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 15, 2017, 2:58:50 PM
"
Zimtdrop wrote:
Hi,

I'm really in love with this build, because I didn't manage to kill the shaper last league (and I really tried hard with my reach of the council assassin) and somehow with this build it just works for me, because I can focuse on dodging stuff while my golems do the damage.

Why do you still use Level 1 Clarity if you have Discipline Aura Running?
I'm using the pariah ring just for the little disciplin boost. Works fine for me. :-)
But I can't run the second curse on blasphemy, so I have to apply it myself (with ball lightning/curse on hit) - it's a little trade off.

@MistrPow: I think the Commander of Darkness Ascendancy effect stacks up multiple times when using multiple auras (for the increased damage and attack/cast speed).
El Psy Kongroo.
i like the build but i got 2 questions:

1. what are you using for pots? anything specific i have to get?

2. how do you manage to get enough dex for gmp? you only have 26 dex on gloves with the base 64 there is no way you get to 111.

sorry for the dumb questions, i haven't played since beta...
"
Styxqt wrote:
i like the build but i got 2 questions:

1. what are you using for pots? anything specific i have to get?

2. how do you manage to get enough dex for gmp? you only have 26 dex on gloves with the base 64 there is no way you get to 111.

sorry for the dumb questions, i haven't played since beta...

My build is a combo of his and my own a little. Here is what mine looks like for quantity and magic finding. I can get away with only 1 Dex nod if I'm not using vent rings though. So normally with a little dex on a few items I only need dex nod to answer your question.

Tree

My Gear
Spoiler

I used to switch around to these rings when I was doing something hard, but honestly, I just wear my vents at all time now
Spoiler

There are things I could change I'm sure, but I've done everything with this(except Shaper, but I've never tried him ever, I will be trying him soon though), from crazy mod T16, to all the breach lords.

"
genida wrote:
"
dawhoo8814 wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:
^^ Because your clay shaper has a lvl 12 stone golem (i think) so if cwdt gem is to high it will trigger that as well removing one of your fire golems.

What makes it trigger though? I dont see anything that would make the stone golem spell trigger.

Thanks for all of the help.

The Cast-When-Damage-Taken that some of us socket in the item. The item IS the Summon Stone Golem gem, and when CWDT is high enough level, i.e over level 9, the Stone Golem enabled by the Clayshaper is summoned and de-summons a flame golem in turn.

Hence why we put no higher than a level 9 CWDT in the weapon.

Oh, so if you have CWDT in your boots or something else then it's okay to level those gems.
livejamie
"
Zimtdrop wrote:
Hi,

I'm really in love with this build, because I didn't manage to kill the shaper last league (and I really tried hard with my reach of the council assassin) and somehow with this build it just works for me, because I can focus on dodging stuff while my golems do the damage.

I'm getting my new Golemancer set up and like your thought process and reasoning behind your changes, so I'm following your profile as my guide. I have a few questions:

1) Do you ever find yourself using Bone Offering? I liked OP's idea of having it on CWDT but I'm not sure if it's worth slotting if you have to use it manually.

2) Did you find CWDT + IC worth setting up for survivability?

3) What's your typical trash/boss rotation?

4) Do you make any gem changes for bosses?

Thanks!!
"
1) Do you ever find yourself using Bone Offering? I liked OP's idea of having it on CWDT but I'm not sure if it's worth slotting if you have to use it manually.

I use flesh offering nearly always, most of the time I feel like I don't need the bone offering. But I DO swap it in for the chimera fight. (Or like overgrown ruin with twinned bosses and fucked up mods. :D)
I don't use it in the cwdt setup because I don't like it to overwrite my flesh offering.

"
2) Did you find CWDT + IC worth setting up for survivability?

Well... I really have no idea, lol. Everboy uses it, so do I. I don't really know if it's worth it, but I don't need the sockets for any other purpose.

"
3) What's your typical trash/boss rotation?

I hope I understand your question right. I cast my golems nearly as often as I can (to procc my might jewels, got 2 of them), keep my offering up and of course cast my ball lightning for the curse and EE (lasts 5 seconds). For trash I sometimes skip the ball lightning, because everything dies too fast.
Oh and I use convocation if I need to reposition my golems.

"
4) Do you make any gem changes for bosses?

No. :)

I hope this helps.
El Psy Kongroo.
Last edited by Zimtdrop on Jan 16, 2017, 3:20:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info