[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

Easy to kill Uber Argus? Any Tips?
Someone think about this build but with stone golems?
I have a question regarding something alot of people Talked about, but it always was dismissed very quickly:

Instead of running 5 Flame Golems why not run 4 with 1 other Golem (i think Chaos is our best bet).
If my Math is correct we would loose 1/5 of our Dmg output. However with 6 Primordial Harmonies each giving 17% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned.
6*0.17=1.02=102% increased Golem Damage for our Flame Golems.

So we loose one Flame Golem but the other 4 double there damage.

Maybe my math is just wrong and i am stupid. But isnt this something worth to consider?

I hope someone can check my math and actually tell me if i am wrong and where i am wrong.
"
MistrPow wrote:
I have a question regarding something alot of people Talked about, but it always was dismissed very quickly:

Instead of running 5 Flame Golems why not run 4 with 1 other Golem (i think Chaos is our best bet).
If my Math is correct we would loose 1/5 of our Dmg output. However with 6 Primordial Harmonies each giving 17% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned.

Maybe my math is just wrong and i am stupid. But isnt this something worth to consider?

I hope someone can check my math and actually tell me if i am wrong and where i am wrong.

This was discussed already in the previous pages, i imagine you could find an answer there.
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 10, 2017, 9:57:37 AM
"
Indraugnir wrote:
"
MistrPow wrote:

This was discussed already in the previous pages, i imagine you could find an answer there.

I have been following this guide since it was created and i havent heared a good answer as to why this isnt effective.

The only answer i found is that the other golem AIs are bad. However in my calculation the other Golem isnt even doing dmg. so even if he is just standing around doing nothing. the other 4 Flame Golems would still do more damage than 5 good AI Flame Golems.

So again. Did i make a mistake in my calculation or did I miss something.
Is there a point getting Rank 4 Empower with 20% quality ?
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

The super heal block tank setup. DO NOT increase the CWDT gem level past level 9 or you'll trigger stone golems all the time! Also the link colors MUST be RED GREEN BLUE. In that order. No other order. You want Desecrate to drop corpses before bone offering triggers.
CWDT (level 9) -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering

Hi, I'm new. I just want to double-check.

Will either of these work?

Desecrate -> Cast When Damage Taken -> Bone Offering -> Molten Shell

Cast When Damage Taken -> Desecrate -> Molten Shell -> Bone Offering

or does it have to be

Cast When Damage Taken -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering -> Molten Shell

Also: Is there something better/comparable to use instead of Molten Shell in the CWDT setup?
livejamie
Quality doesn't matter on empower, it only affects how much EXP it gets, but if it's level 4 then it's already maxed.

Been walking through most T15's for a while and tried Guardians for the first time.

Absolutely destroyed, at every aspect, turn and facet of the fight. Completely one shot by the invisible Chimera. I suppose 5k ES and 2.5k Life is a bit on the low side...

Otherwise a pretty fun build. Golems are stupid though. "More aggressive" my ass.

I'm also wrecked regularly by bleed and burn. At least I think it's bleed and burn. Despite running bleeed, burn, freeze and poison flasks, I die in basically a second or two.

Definitely not the greatest player out there, but yaaay... squishy.
Last edited by genida on Jan 10, 2017, 6:52:36 PM
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

The super heal block tank setup. DO NOT increase the CWDT gem level past level 9 or you'll trigger stone golems all the time! Also the link colors MUST be RED GREEN BLUE. In that order. No other order. You want Desecrate to drop corpses before bone offering triggers.
CWDT (level 9) -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering

Hi, I'm new. I just want to double-check.

Will either of these work?

Desecrate -> Cast When Damage Taken -> Bone Offering -> Molten Shell

Cast When Damage Taken -> Desecrate -> Molten Shell -> Bone Offering

or does it have to be

Cast When Damage Taken -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering -> Molten Shell

Also: Is there something better/comparable to use instead of Molten Shell in the CWDT setup?

the order is just to determine which will be cast first. Ex- if u have two curses in the cwdt setup but can only apply 1 curse, then the one which is in the later slot will overwrite the 1st curse. In ur example, all will work cause cwdt gems position doesnt matter, its the position of the other spells/curses that matters.... but u cant use it like"cwdt-bone off-desec-molten shell"

instead of molten shell, there are lots of other options u can use.... immortal call is the BIS which i always use, then u can use vortex, arctic breath to cause chill ground, frost wall is also one less popular choice...
my setup for cwdt is "cwdt (lvl 5)-imm call (lvl 5/6)-arc breath (lvl 5/6)-gmp (any lvl)".
Last edited by rCan9 on Jan 10, 2017, 7:48:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info