[2.5] Pentagolem Hellfire - How to play PoE while watching TV(Shaper/Guardians)

"
Simplesim45 wrote:
@People getting 1 shotted; wtf are you doing lol? Are you rolling all damage mods on a high tier map and standing in the most obvious stuff with no flasks up expecting to tank it?

I don't understand. Like, in what world does 8-11k EHP get 1 shotted by something that isn't completely obvious? At that point it's player mistake, I'd say. Just look at all the popular streamers with their HC rips. They know they've made a mistake (when it's not some bullshit lag death).

And the worst part is you immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be the build lol

I did 1-92 with essentially no deaths other than my pathetic attempts at learning the shaper fight and the first few guardian runs while the build wasn't even finished developing. And that's coming from a softcore player at heart who just plays overly aggressive. This build was a breeze to level and I'm now reliably doing guardians and shaper (save for stupid player mistakes from time to time).

/rant

@Multi golem type question; With enough harmonies, you can run 4/1 I think. Haven't tested it myself.

All i know is, im coming from a Cyclone build that was rarely one shotted like this, and it wasnt even a CI build - pure life build. Breaches literally rape me sideways no matter how bad i try to kite and run around or stand outside the expanding circle.
On a side note, what are the positives and the negatives of stacking Primordial Eminence over Harmonies? And as ive asked earlier, is it recommended to pursuit after more socket nodes ?
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 11, 2017, 4:54:47 AM
"
Malone wrote:
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
no, you are right. 4+1 golems is better than 5 golems, dmg wise.

4 flame golem 1 chaos golem ( spe single target ) 1 lighning golem ( cull/blind boy ) is nuts.

where do you get all these gem slots?
"
MistrPow wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
no, you are right. 4+1 golems is better than 5 golems, dmg wise.

4 flame golem 1 chaos golem ( spe single target ) 1 lighning golem ( cull/blind boy ) is nuts.

where do you get all these gem slots?

Maybe he just switches from one to another inbetween fights, also you can play with the gems setup, ie. you could play more actively and drop blasphemy and do the classic curse setup Orb of Storms-Curse on Hit-Flammability-Elemental Weakness (this also allows you to proc EE and that way you can drop the Spell Totem-Arc setup). This way you can make more room for other gems (other golems, maybe another aura)
Last edited by traceFFFF on Jan 11, 2017, 5:54:59 AM
Going for end game its better going for Elementalist I gather. But is it ok sticking with the same build and items as the OP?
If we play CI, is it worth picking the last 2 small passives from necromancer

(Minion Damage and Life + Minion Damage, Chaos Resistance)

instead of Beacon of Corruption? Because the chaos damage + chaos resistance seems kinda useless for chaos immunity
"
Indraugnir wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
@People getting 1 shotted; wtf are you doing lol? Are you rolling all damage mods on a high tier map and standing in the most obvious stuff with no flasks up expecting to tank it?

I don't understand. Like, in what world does 8-11k EHP get 1 shotted by something that isn't completely obvious? At that point it's player mistake, I'd say. Just look at all the popular streamers with their HC rips. They know they've made a mistake (when it's not some bullshit lag death).

And the worst part is you immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be the build lol

I did 1-92 with essentially no deaths other than my pathetic attempts at learning the shaper fight and the first few guardian runs while the build wasn't even finished developing. And that's coming from a softcore player at heart who just plays overly aggressive. This build was a breeze to level and I'm now reliably doing guardians and shaper (save for stupid player mistakes from time to time).

/rant

@Multi golem type question; With enough harmonies, you can run 4/1 I think. Haven't tested it myself.

All i know is, im coming from a Cyclone build that was rarely one shotted like this, and it wasnt even a CI build - pure life build. Breaches literally rape me sideways no matter how bad i try to kite and run around or stand outside the expanding circle.
On a side note, what are the positives and the negatives of stacking Primordial Eminence over Harmonies? And as ive asked earlier, is it recommended to pursuit after more socket nodes ?

I think going for more jewel nodes pigeonholes you into going either pure life, CI or a bad hybrid. But the way the jewels stack is fairly effective. Namely Might and Harmony. Eminence is just for cast speed and I was getting similar results in kill speed from Harmonies, but harmonies have damage, multigolem damage and life regen. That life regen may not look like much, but with a few harmonies and a 25k health golem, they can run reflect maps and survive some nasty guardian hits and heal right through.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Indraugnir wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

/rant

I think going for more jewel nodes pigeonholes you into going either pure life, CI or a bad hybrid. But the way the jewels stack is fairly effective. Namely Might and Harmony. Eminence is just for cast speed and I was getting similar results in kill speed from Harmonies, but harmonies have damage, multigolem damage and life regen. That life regen may not look like much, but with a few harmonies and a 25k health golem, they can run reflect maps and survive some nasty guardian hits and heal right through.

Thanks!
Would you bother stacking Might jewels instead of harmonies? And if yes, what results should i expect ?
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 11, 2017, 12:47:08 PM
"
Indraugnir wrote:

Would you bother stacking Might jewels instead of harmonies? And if yes, what results should i expect ?

Stacking mights means you have to recast golems constantly, but you'll gain a LOT of damage doing so (and to recast them rapidly, you would want some harmonies as well).

It's a more active playstyle, but it can be very rewarding on boss kills. Obviously by boss kills, I mean guardians and shaper because everything else just melts instantly with the current build.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jan 11, 2017, 1:38:52 PM
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Indraugnir wrote:

Stacking mights means you have to recast golems constantly, but you'll gain a LOT of damage doing so (and to recast them rapidly, you would want some harmonies as well).

It's a more active playstyle, but it can be very rewarding on boss kills. Obviously by boss kills, I mean guardians and shaper because everything else just melts instantly with the current build.

Cool man.
I went to fight Chimera again, got rekt after the second fog. Rumi's didnt do me any good on the shade, i still got hammerd by the insane amount of dmg and died rather quick.
And if that was not enough, i also walked in with temporal mod on map and it was obviously a corrupted map which i believe made the boss much harder too - right ?

Im in love with the dmg performance of this build, it is the survivability im struggling so much with. Im back to 3.7k life and 3.7 es and level 87 at the moment. Cant seem to upgrade my gear any further as of now.

P.s- Damage is great with Empowerd 4 and 21/20% golem +1 chest.
Last edited by Indraugnir on Jan 11, 2017, 2:11:32 PM
Excellent build, really fun to play.

Since i couldn't find any good +minion movement speed ring/amu, i use convocation gem (instead of item rarity, 4 sockets 3 links boots obviously).

5700 ES / 4700 life
172-240 elemental res, because why not. 41% chaos.

Everything dies pretty fast. I killed the phoenix guy this morning, hexproof map, i didn't know the fight but i didn't die.

I don't feel like i need +1 chest - lvl 4 empower - enchants - 21/20 gems right now, clear speed is good enough.

I'll probably look for better life/es on my helmet/rings/amu. The only expensive part of my stuff is the body armor. Everything else cost me less than 10 chaos each so i guess i have a lot of room for improvement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info