[2.5] The Critfall Trapper | Life/CI/LL | Insane 2M+ DPS (Uber / Uber Lab) | twitch.tv/Dygnity

"
gorgi57 wrote:
Please links guide for life variation of build. (sorry for bad english)

Seconded. I've love to see life passives variation too.
This would probably even work better with mines since you have no cooldown there and higher burstdmg its just a bit slower with placing mines but even without crit and only curse and poison you can oneshot uberatziri with 1 3 set of mines in each phase
Ingame: Snoxz

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/245436
"
Beebsman wrote:
"
gorgi57 wrote:
Please links guide for life variation of build. (sorry for bad english)

Seconded. I've love to see life passives variation too.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUioLXfIOSO4Vt3UrChEv62M2PZ2qbIxirLTF2-dwUXZvfrDYVLMDMhjVLta-tUgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9WSd8h3sGGSqm4ZqNn_GpDki4kfioqPB8wjUlSDw-XNtLR9MsyBuUDDbXtAf7-sEB4PbVcaExa6zQZbQ9ZeVUlM9X5f0bRkI9MBUakO86ti9_gryRTrhpldN4_6PNZK18m6qSsg_JypNwONLV_GzdweHE31brEfximwIUUzKSl-wm7XDOiSLD6ucpG-e6NU=

This puts you up at 175% life in tree.
For life, you make a sacrifice.
If you want more jewels, you end up with lower life pool.
If you want life, you sacrifice jewels, which rounds you up at 3 slots.
Alternatively, you could take out Profane Chemistry, and put those three points into scion above, 2 res nodes and one jewel slot. That rounds you up at 4 jewel slots, while losing out on 12% life and 50% life recovery from flasks.
For life version, if you want to be tankier for high end maps, you stack life over damage.
Alternatively, you could save up 13 points if you don't go crit route, and rearrange the tree to go downwards to Master Sapper, for more damage and frenzy charge generation .
Non crit variation is still good, just not as fast as a crit variation.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVYeJVS13yDkjuFbd1KwoRL-tjNj2dqmyMYqy0xdvncFF2b36w2FSzAzIY1S7WvrVIEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_VknfId7BhkqpuGajbveqQ5IuJH4ggu6NYi6u2DMgGbJk2S7g7TfqOKI_YZjgBe_rqNfdQjhMUb4Oc6M3iQDVb6fXUwfO0_N9S95j7PUUfYvf4K8kU64aZXTeP-jzWStfJuqkrIPycqTc96shmNvwW1wuzA40tX8bOly31brEfximwIUUzKSl-wm7XDOlWFb57o1bTRyAx2gg==

This puts you up at 197% life, decent chunk of damage, plus more defensive capabilities.
You either use damage weapon with cluster traps, or bino's without cluster traps.
Links would be:
Bladefall-Trap-Cluster Traps-Controlled Destruction-Conc Effect-Trap and Mine Damage
or
Bladefall-Trap-Conc Effect-Controlled Destruction-Added Chaos-Void Manipulation

On a side note, with traps, you can alternatively try this as well:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_q_14mZiRQ&t=67s
Last edited by Songweaver on Jan 8, 2017, 11:18:57 AM
Hey thanks Songweaver for your input!
I just started leveling a trapper as I struggled with my first character and was told a trapper was the way to go. Man, I made it to level 31 so fast it was crazy.. I wasn't able to find bladefall, I'll have to look that up while I'm here at work. The biggest problem I foresee, is getting rid of blade vortex! Seriously. I'm leeching so fast with it that I don't think I've even taken damage yet. The only thing holding me back is my own run speed.

The passive tree so far makes complete sense to me. Everything does, for that matter. It's refreshing after being so confused trying other builds.

Can't wait to start trying out actual traps. Oh, and I also lucked out and got a pair of deerstalkers on my other character before I rage quit him.

Excited!
"
frenzul wrote:
I just started leveling a trapper as I struggled with my first character and was told a trapper was the way to go. Man, I made it to level 31 so fast it was crazy.. I wasn't able to find bladefall, I'll have to look that up while I'm here at work. The biggest problem I foresee, is getting rid of blade vortex! Seriously. I'm leeching so fast with it that I don't think I've even taken damage yet. The only thing holding me back is my own run speed.

The passive tree so far makes complete sense to me. Everything does, for that matter. It's refreshing after being so confused trying other builds.

Can't wait to start trying out actual traps. Oh, and I also lucked out and got a pair of deerstalkers on my other character before I rage quit him.

Excited!

As a person who made trapper in every single league (bow based, elemental, poison, phys, chaos etc), allow me to tell you that you will not miss blade vortex. If you like the trapper playstyle, at least.
Bladefall trap will make your damage skyrocket. Like, literally.
It's still very strong, and very capable of carrying you until the very end.
Enjoy.
"
Songweaver wrote:

As a person who made trapper in every single league (bow based, elemental, poison, phys, chaos etc), allow me to tell you that you will not miss blade vortex. If you like the trapper playstyle, at least.
Bladefall trap will make your damage skyrocket. Like, literally.
It's still very strong, and very capable of carrying you until the very end.
Enjoy.

Thanks for the reassurance. I haven't played anything near this style, so I'm pretty pumped. I started with fire trap, and I liked running a loop around mobs and then burning them down. Also really, really loved trapping strongboxes before popping them, even though it didn't do a ton, it was a nice start.

I think I will enjoy it quite a bit. This is just the first time everything has felt like it was going in my favor and I know what is going on.
"
frenzul wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance. I haven't played anything near this style, so I'm pretty pumped. I started with fire trap, and I liked running a loop around mobs and then burning them down. Also really, really loved trapping strongboxes before popping them, even though it didn't do a ton, it was a nice start.

I think I will enjoy it quite a bit. This is just the first time everything has felt like it was going in my favor and I know what is going on.

I'm pumped to try it too, though I'm more than a little miffed I found this in the Shadow section but the clear winner for the build is Occultist ala Witch. >.> So far I'm lvl 16 and I've just been running Viper Strike + Frost Blades carrying me through normal at least with my current gear set up. I like just stacking the poison on bosses and watching them die.

So, Songweaver, Styyled, which is the better Shadow Ascendancy? I've already got both a Sunblast + Deerstalkers from my Lightning Arrow build. So it doesn't matter to me that I use Sunblast, what would you replace it with anyways? With as little uniques as this requires it'll be cake to max resistances (except chaos).

I'll be wanting to use smoke mine instead of lighting warp though, hopefully Whirling Blades. Because coming off from a bow build, I'm a bit tired of lightning arrows, and I'm not finding any gear for it. At the point where Blast Rain kills everything faster, but I'm not a fan of using it, too small AOE and it's limited to on screen. Taking me 5 min to clear Dried Lake +5 min per breach.

Just glad I read the comments.....too many people just read a build and go "He says do this, so I'ma do this." "WHY ISN"T IT WORKING!!!!" Instead of fixing it themselves or changing to fit them and their gear they just rage and whine...

Looks like a good build!

edit: Man, mines are so lame, you have to place them down where you're at? I thought they were traps that you remote detonated. Makes smoke mine unfeasible for a movement skill. >.>
Last edited by venomizer88 on Jan 12, 2017, 6:32:50 AM
low life build kill shaper and t16?
You are suggesting Vaal Ice Nova for breaching, what links do you think will perform good?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info