[2.5] The Critfall Trapper | Life/CI/LL | Insane 2M+ DPS (Uber / Uber Lab) | twitch.tv/Dygnity

so this build works in breach league?
can he farm t14-16 maps and do shaper?
What I don't understand is why you invest in trap crit when you then put 100% reduced crit gem into the six link?

Shit makes ZERO sense, bro.

This build is also all over~the~place concerning what type of Class they are using with certains builds.
Explicitly when discussing the Leveling Tree.

"
Depending on your gear and setup, there are a couple trees you can choose from. CI can have extremely high ES 10-12k, and extremely high damage. It is worth pointing out that you do sacrifice a bit of one to get a lot of the other. I also prefer to run 2 curses and you may want to only use 1. I have trees for both. With a +1 curse necklace you can also tri-curse but you'll have to sacrifice Discipline- which may be just fine depending on your gear.

This single handedly makes zero sense when applied to the Shadow class.
I cannot tell half the time if this is a Shadow or Witch build and it's super frustrating.

I get that more information is better, but in this case, less is better if it was refined and straightforward.

Builds needs refinement, better structure and iteration in terms of being a guide, because of now it's just a slab of excessive meat.
Last edited by Monstarella on Feb 21, 2017, 6:57:25 AM
Thought I give this character and guide a go. Like it so far, Uber Atziri down at level 81. Mana is a problem yes but that is normal for a Miner/Trapper.

Gear I used:

"
Monstarella wrote:
What I don't understand is why you invest in trap crit when you then put 100% reduced crit gem into the six link?

Shit makes ZERO sense, bro.

This build is also all over~the~place concerning what type of Class they are using with certains builds.
Explicitly when discussing the Leveling Tree.

"
Depending on your gear and setup, there are a couple trees you can choose from. CI can have extremely high ES 10-12k, and extremely high damage. It is worth pointing out that you do sacrifice a bit of one to get a lot of the other. I also prefer to run 2 curses and you may want to only use 1. I have trees for both. With a +1 curse necklace you can also tri-curse but you'll have to sacrifice Discipline- which may be just fine depending on your gear.

This single handedly makes zero sense when applied to the Shadow class.
I cannot tell half the time if this is a Shadow or Witch build and it's super frustrating.

I get that more information is better, but in this case, less is better if it was refined and straightforward.

Builds needs refinement, better structure and iteration in terms of being a guide, because of now it's just a slab of excessive meat.

The idea of using Controlled Destruction is to add more damage of the critical strike, both on the initial Bladefall hit and on the poison DoT applied which is your main source of damage against bosses. Controlled Destruction also gives the damage you need to kill regular mobs without needing to get a critical strike.

And the guide looks like a Witch guide because you can make the build as both a Witch and an Assasin effectively.
Just to add to Paul's comment above--controlled destruction is 100% /reduced/ critical strike chance, in exchange for a 44% more damage multiplier. Because this is a crit build, it maxes out (especially with power charges) at several hundred percent increased crit chance. 100% decreased crit doesn't mean you have no chance to crit, it just means that crit chance is increased by 100 less percent. The more multiplier is far more valuable, since it scales multiplicatively off other sources of more damage. This is why crit builds frequently use controlled destruction--the 100% decreased crit chance actually hurts them relatively less than a build that hasn't been stacking crit chance like this one does.

As for ascendancy, the build varies very little whether you're witch or shadow to start, because it travels almost all the way between the two starting points. Either way you'll want to run to the life nodes quickly, and then respec later when you go CI. As OP explains, the main difference between the two is whether you want the damage and radius scaling of saboteur, plus his ability to detonate traps simultaneously, or rather the occultis's bonus to chaos damage, +1 power charge, free extra curse, and dramatic buff to ES regen. If you go occultist, Sunblast is necessary QOL to make the trap detonations smooth. The tree and leveling don't otherwise differ between shadow and witch.

I'm planning to do this for legacy league, and occultist just looks too good to pass up, both for survivability and scaling reasons.
Hi,

I am thinking about this build or vortex trap as starter for 2.6.

How do you guys interprate the patch nodes and which build would you rate higher in terms of casual-player-friendliness? :)

Greetings
Camo
"
Camolin wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about this build or vortex trap as starter for 2.6.

How do you guys interprate the patch nodes and which build would you rate higher in terms of casual-player-friendliness? :)

Greetings
Camo

I second this, also is this good as a uber lab farmer as first character? if so, would Witch or Shadow work best?

Thanks!
IMO this will be better, for vortex traps big portion of dmg (almost all? :P) was from ignite. Now that Pyre ring got nerfed how will you get 100% conversion? (probably still possible). Here we can abuse poison for last time I guess in 3.0 GGG will "fix" it ;)

I'm going to start with this as Ocultist.
Tree links not opening up? Am i the only one?
"
skyfallen wrote:
Tree links not opening up? Am i the only one?

Nope. Poeurl seems to be down and has been down for a while now. We'll just have to hope the tree gets migrated elsewhere soon.

Edit: Links are working again.
Last edited by LocRocker on Mar 4, 2017, 10:09:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info