[2.5] The Critfall Trapper | Life/CI/LL | Insane 2M+ DPS (Uber / Uber Lab) | twitch.tv/Dygnity

Have a lv 76 occultist in legacy, still not at all fully geared, but switched to CI and getting there. It feels good, different to what I'm used to but very powerful once all the ES nodes come online. Plenty of damage. Playing witch with sunblast feels fine; it would be interesting to try with shadow, but I'm really looking forward to grabbing my second curse from the ascendancy and casting vuln with witchfire brew. Feels like uberlab will be a cakewalk--soul strike quiver makes traps honestly easier than on some life builds. We'll see about guardians/shaper/uber atziri....
Trying this build, for abit in legacy league. Altered it because I favored the effectiveness of curses.
Haven't gotten into power charges yet.

Check my character 'Smiling' for tree and gear I guess. It clears fodder in one move but clear speed is limited by trap construction, which takes 3 seconds per trap.

The energy shield recharge occurrence is amazing though, with the quiver. I'd personally favor it over two void batteries.
Last edited by paikia101 on Mar 8, 2017, 9:00:27 AM
Can someone explain how do we get endurance charges? i saw people ask this few times in the thread and still dont get it, thx in advance
You don't get endurance charges--you just run CWDT/immortal call at base duration. I'm happy with OP's suggest of putting phase run on this too--I don't tend to get into many tight spots with this setup.

I'm at 82 now, finished uber lab a few times. I'm not damaging izaro as quickly as I'd like, perhaps because I'm occultist with sunblast so it can be difficult to get all the traps onto him before he moves. Survivability and dealing with lab traps is super easy, though, with the ES quiver. Kind of shitty gear, still sitting on more that 7500 ES, and I haven't gotten energy from within yet because it's still quite expensive.

I just got a 40% bladefall damage hubris circlet, which feels like it helps with the damage quite a bit. Withfire brew with occultist dual curse is also OP. Bosses that don't move around too much die fast.

It feels pretty viable for white/yellow maps--we'll see how it feels in reds when I upgrade my gear and start thinking uber. I haven't done regular atziri yet, but I expect it to be easy--if it's easy enough I may farm her for mortal frags.

edit: putting two hair trigger jewels in ups damage and fixes a lot of my problems with traps not detonating around bosses. Would recommend at least one for anyone who doesn't go saboteur, alongside sunblast.
Last edited by flagg49 on Mar 9, 2017, 4:12:16 PM
How do you run clarity if going ci? You obviously can run blood magic. Currently at lvl 69 I can only run clarity on bm and disc + temp chains.
"
ccjones wrote:
How do you run clarity if going ci? You obviously can run blood magic. Currently at lvl 69 I can only run clarity on bm and disc + temp chains.

If you run auras on life, you'll need a shavs.
Clarity is not needed because you're expected to use mana flasks.

I ran Uber Izarro, the damage is not as good as before because poison traps no longer double dip.
Hi, Newbie question, how works a crit build like this one using Controlled Destruction gem? that is 100% Reduced Critical strike chance, i dont understand.
Controlled Destruction is 100% reduced chance, not 100% less chance - similar to increased chance which does not impact your crit chance that much. In short, your crit rate would be a little lower, but not down to 0. With the more damage multiplier, it is still dps gain.
"
paikia101 wrote:
"
ccjones wrote:

If you run auras on life, you'll need a shavs.
Clarity is not needed because you're expected to use mana flasks.

I ran Uber Izarro, the damage is not as good as before because poison traps no longer double dip.

Since when is that? I thought coated JWLs applied poison, which would then double dip...?
Running hybrid at the moment (2.1klife 4.8k ES) which works surprisingly well, but i'm sure i'll probably switch to CI at some point..

running hybrid with a 2k life pool gives you a really nice buffer and you can then use a bubbling or seething flask to get you out of a tight spot. the downside is that you are running a shitty low-life build and poison/chaos damage can kill you without you even realizing it.

sunbelt doesn't seem to be very helpful, i've stopped using it. takes way too long for the traps to trigger.

also trap trigger radius is quite important. i think the radius is bugged. i've watched things move right over traps and they don't trigger.

so i definitely recommend trying the hair trigger jewels instead.

i hate to burn 2 jewel slots on them, but they do seem to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info