[2.5] The Critfall Trapper | Life/CI/LL | Insane 2M+ DPS (Uber / Uber Lab) | twitch.tv/Dygnity

"

Thanks, I'm definitely going CI too, I'm just still leveling. How did you manage all the dexterity, or are you still not done gearing too? Also, any luck finding the described coloring on an ES chest?

I can't recall the last time I DIDN'T use some +30 nodes on the tree, usually 2-3 of them until the late game when the gear was affordable and skill points were not, so then I usually respec the points into dmg/ES. Now I'm in the process of early leveling and somehow I have more than enough dex so I only had to put in +30 strength for totem(I think), but I had some luck. Nevertheless- just take some +30 nodes, it helps a bunch.

That being said, leveling is a living hell haha, dying a lot, you'll have to gear up twice. Once around a transition to cruel, some cheap ES gear and energy from within jewel, and go pick ES nodes and prepare for late cruel when you will start to collect your real ES gear.you just have to suck it up :) If you are already on merciless then take all your currency and gear up. I'm not there yet, so, don't know how the build will work, but as I see it has great potential.

Use curses if you can, I'm maybe thinking of doedre +1 curse. As for the ES chest, use a bow. This build should shine late game, so don't get pissed early on :) I think I'm gonna use a bow all the way, seems a good combination.

So, basically- use a bow 'cause it's easy to find and color and concentrate on high ES and resists on the rest of the gear.Then again- I never played this build, but played similar ES builds and that was the way to go. Good luck to us all

EDIT: I never said what a great job for the build it could be awesome. Bravo
EDIT#2: where do we get poison? Am I missing something? Also I have a slow clear speed due to traps not triggering, any help with that or do I have to wait chain reaction? thanks!
Last edited by utvara11 on Dec 11, 2016, 7:50:35 AM
"
utvara11 wrote:

EDIT#2: where do we get poison? Am I missing something? Also I have a slow clear speed due to traps not triggering, any help with that or do I have to wait chain reaction? thanks!

Poison come from the Coated shrapnel jewels, i put two of those.
Until u get a chain reaction, use a Sunblast belt.

Last edited by TorianTorsen on Dec 11, 2016, 9:15:48 AM
"

Poison come from the Coated shrapnel jewels, i put two of those.
Until u get a chain reaction, use a Sunblast belt.

Yep I got sunblast and it helped, it's better now. And thanks for the jewel info, gonna buy me some.
If were playing CI which auras are most important?

I dont think I can run disc + herald of ash + two curse on mana, or should I just run those two and 1 curse?

Thanks
"
bitbite11 wrote:
If were playing CI which auras are most important?

I dont think I can run disc + herald of ash + two curse on mana, or should I just run those two and 1 curse?

Thanks

Well if it helps, I'm using doedre's +1 ring and 2 curses with orb of storms+curse on hit, and discipline and HoA. it leaves enough mana to cast traps.
So I'm probably going full potato here, but I don't see where we get our poison from? Not using the poison gem, no items that provide it. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Yup, as I thought I went full potato. Disregard my question.
Last edited by MrMathieus on Dec 11, 2016, 6:46:54 PM
So I'm playing this as an occultist. Its easy CI, im at 8k with 500es chest (3 alts and a regal + haku). Instead of going sunblast + cheap construction I decided to get some more jewel nodes (8 in total) and throw in a couple of Hair Trigger gems + 4x coated shrapnel. It works a charm, and it leaves my belt slot open. atm I'm still using deerstalker (ugh) but colouring an ES chest in a pita, so I'm saving up for a 6L bow and delirium, and this is my question; to go delirium or woe on the bow? I've read mixed opinions, atm I'm leaning towards delirium (assuming it scales with trap damage)... anyone know which is best?
Last edited by thevdende on Dec 12, 2016, 6:31:10 AM
Does anybody else have a feeling that poison doesn't do much? I also took some hair trigger jewels rather than poison ones just to test, but can't really tell the difference. And mana/trap cooldown can sometimes be a problem, any suggestions? other than that- looks great, huge damage, decent ES even as a saboteur, just as I said before, with little investment ES goes over 6k easily(saboteur).
"
utvara11 wrote:
Does anybody else have a feeling that poison doesn't do much? I also took some hair trigger jewels rather than poison ones just to test, but can't really tell the difference. And mana/trap cooldown can sometimes be a problem, any suggestions? other than that- looks great, huge damage, decent ES even as a saboteur, just as I said before, with little investment ES goes over 6k easily(saboteur).

Well you won't need hair trigger as saboteur when you have chain reaction. For clear speed I sometimes swap out trap and mine dmg for trap cooldown gem. Its nice for dried lake farming or low tier map grinding.
"

Well you won't need hair trigger as saboteur when you have chain reaction. For clear speed I sometimes swap out trap and mine dmg for trap cooldown gem. Its nice for dried lake farming or low tier map grinding.

I thought that maybe %trap damage from jewel is somewhat better than poison, but now that i tested it, it's not. thanks, gonna try with cooldown on lower maps.

EDIT: Your experiences with merci izaro and uber? I'm getting rather skeptical about this build as I'm getting late game 'cause the damage is.. weird.. sometimes it's big, but often it just misses or I have to throw traps again and the cooldown is a problem and so is mana.. not so good for an end game playing, any advice maybe? or just your experience? ES and defenses are solid on the build, dmg should be enough but it's kind of weird..
Last edited by utvara11 on Dec 12, 2016, 2:17:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info