64bit client crashing on startup

Windows 7, 64bit, service pack 1.
NVidia GeForce GTX 970 with latest driver version 375.95

Getting "Failed to create D3D11 device, your hardware is not DirectX 11 compatible" exception on 64-bit game client lauch (PathOfExile_x64.exe)
Hateful post.
Deleting the production ini in the documents folder fixed it for me by putting it into windowed mode, i must say it feels smoother and looks better too.

Doing this also worked for me.

Was working this morning. Installed new driver NVidia 375.95, Win10.

"This PC"
"Desktop"
"Documents" folder:
Under Documents: Old production_Config I renamed it. Found new one created when starting up.

This is also were you install Nevesink loot filter same area.
Last edited by jgundlach on Nov 19, 2016, 6:15:17 AM
Document folder?? Where?
gtx 980 - 64 bit client - "Failed to create D3D11 device, your hardware is not DirectX 11 compatible"
I also have insta crash on X64 client. Not the problem the thread creator have,but its just insta crash with POE not working and has to be closed message.

Graphics card => 7950 3GB Vapor_X model

EDIT: OS => Windows 10!!!
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Nov 19, 2016, 11:57:39 AM
With the 64bit standalone I get the same message as OP (DXGl_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE) in fullscreen mode. I can start windowed/windowed fullscreen and switch in game to fullsceen, but it seem that it stay in windowed fullscreen mode.

The steam 64bit client starts without problems, but seems to switch to windowed fullscreen mode when alt+tab out of the game.

Windows 10 64bit
Nvidia 2xGTX970 SLI
German chat: /global 4745
Same here :(

Windows 10 Home

i5-5200u
GeForce 820M
4GB Ram
IGN: Yowiii
yOwie's shOp /327497
If you cancel the file ini in documents/mygame/pathofexile start but when you relunch the game it give the error again
Same issue here

GTX 780
Win 10
"
Kaskar wrote:
NVidia GeForce GTX 970 with latest driver version 375.95

Getting "Failed to create D3D11 device, your hardware is not DirectX 11 compatible" exception on 64-bit game client lauch (PathOfExile_x64.exe)

Same here

NVidia GeForce GTX 670M with latest driver version 375.95

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info