Content Update 2.4.2 Patch Notes

For all those for whom the game is crashing on startup, the problem seems to be with fullscreen mode. So you'll have to play in windowed fullscreen until they have a fix for it.

Of course, you can't change the mode if the game immediately crashes. Here's a solution to that -

1)Go to the Path of Exile folder in your systems My Documents folder (NOT where PoE is installed).

2)You'll see a file named "production_Config.ini". Delete it (make a backup first, of course).

3)Now start the game and it should work. Note that all your settings (including your key bindings) would have reverted to their defaults, so you'll have to change them all again as per preferences.

4)Alternately, you can try editing the file by opening it in Notepad, but that's trickier. Also, I'm not sure if that actually works since there may be more settings issues than just the fullscreen one that need changing. Easier to just reset.

Hope this helps.
"
Exile009 wrote:
For all those for whom the game is crashing on startup, the problem seems to be with fullscreen mode. So you'll have to play in windowed fullscreen until they have a fix for it.

Of course, you can't change the mode if the game immediately crashes. Here's a solution to that -

1)Go to the Path of Exile folder in your systems My Documents folder (NOT where PoE is installed).

2)You'll see a file named "production_Config.ini". Delete it (make a backup first, of course).

Thanks man, it worked. I'll do a merge between the old and new ones in order to recover my bindings.
"
Sânû wrote:
<<<Quote:>>>
There is a known issue where the 64 bit client will not work if the DirectX 11.1 runtime is not installed. If you have this problem, you will need to fully update your copy of Windows with Windows Update. We will address this issue in an upcoming patch.
<<<Unquote:>>>

Dear Dev Team,
with all respect but are your serious ???

abv question says all !

Actually such an issue is the VERY first thing you should adress and not "in an upcoming patch" to be honest ... not to be mentioned "an upcoming" this can be between next week a few months???

+1

Do you guys at GGG know, that there is NO DirectX 11.1 support for Windows 7 at all!!!
Do I need to buy Windows 8 in order to play on the 64 bit client?
You either fix this or correct your info, that the 64 bit client supports only Windows 8 and above and run on DirectX 11.1 and above only!!!
Last edited by BlueArrow on Nov 18, 2016, 5:30:26 PM
DX 11.1 can be installed in Windows7 SP1
you can check your directx installed/supported version by running dxdiag.exe (Display tab) via cmd or run.
references:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which%20version%20installed

Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 together with update 2670838 installed

ign Fire_Fury
"
DX 11.1 can be installed in Windows7 SP1
you can check your directx installed/supported version by running dxdiag.exe (Display tab) via cmd or run.
references:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which%20version%20installed

Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 together with update 2670838 installed

Thanks for the advice, mate!

I have already done all of that before writing my previous post.
And when I said. that DirectX 11.1 is not supported by Windows 7
I did so because I have check all official ways.
If you are running windows 7 SP1 and you managed to install fully
DirectX 11.1 I will appreciate to add print screen for proof.

Otherwise please read this before answering:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/jj863687(v=vs.85).aspx

This topic describes improvements to components of the Windows 7 graphics stack that become available through the Platform Update for Windows 7.

When installed on Windows 7, the Platform Update for Windows 7 updates Windows 7 with functionality available in Windows 8. For example, these Windows 8 components become available with full functionality:

Direct2D 1.1 (including Direct2D Effects)
DirectWrite
Windows Imaging Component (WIC)

These provide partial functionality:

Direct3D 11.1
DXGI 1.2

And, for example, this component is not available:

DirectComposition (DComp)

Regards,
Fixed a bug where sycophants post flattering monosyllabic forum replies that essentially mean "first." (I wish)

Can't believe they revisited null's and left the test still wrong. It does NOT cast ALL minion skills. You nerfed it remember?

But I do love the master changes, thank the gods.

P.S. Beta exe crashes when alt-entered to full screen.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Nov 19, 2016, 5:44:07 AM
"We have also introduced an experimental 64-bit DirectX 11 version which you can now use. This version will become the default for systems that support it at 2.5.0's release."

This is idiotic. Not everyone playing on a 64 bit system wants to use 64 bit programs. I used the new 64.exe and:
1. couldn't remove shadows which made gameplay difficult.
2. the resource use doubled and turned my gameplay into a jumpy mess.

This should be an option and never forced. I do not feel like I should have to upgrade my computer just to play a free game, especially with how much I have already put into it.
Elder Shaper of Play-Doh
"
jbuehring wrote:
"We have also introduced an experimental 64-bit DirectX 11 version which you can now use. This version will become the default for systems that support it at 2.5.0's release."

This is idiotic. Not everyone playing on a 64 bit system wants to use 64 bit programs. I used the new 64.exe and:
1. couldn't remove shadows which made gameplay difficult.
2. the resource use doubled and turned my gameplay into a jumpy mess.

This should be an option and never forced. I do not feel like I should have to upgrade my computer just to play a free game, especially with how much I have already put into it.

It is an option. Default != mandatory. Just like creating a character right now will default to Essence Softcore league. You can choose to play in any of the other 3 if you want.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
great work , but please i use one laptop , if any fog fx or another eat memory fx is added , add one parameter for put off . can not play with tis fx eaters memory
Last edited by lafourminoir on Nov 21, 2016, 12:49:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info