Content Update 2.4.2 Patch Notes

"
Nallrad wrote:
Please GGG, grow some balls and stop with the "next week", "within the next two days" and just give a date already.

You realize they do that because of ongoing testing that may turn up issues, right?

Every time they give a date and then have to delay due to QA finding a problem people jump down their throats.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
 Of all the things GGG does to nerf our fun in the endgame to slow the elite racers from a level 100 build in under 1 month the decision they made a few months back to deploy new core code changes early before the next major content update is one that they got right. Prophecy League last summer was plagued with the infamous sound bug and huge server/client latency problems that prevented playing that temp league for about 2 weeks until it got debugged. The update to a multi-threaded PoE went smoothly ahead of 2.4.0 and Essence League so now releasing DX-11 ahead of 2.5.0 to debug it for a few weeks is good. Thank you GGG.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
.... "There is a known issue where the 64 bit client will not work if the DirectX 11.1 runtime is not installed. If you have this problem, you will need to fully update your copy of Windows with Windows Update. We will address this issue in an upcoming patch."

I IMPLORE GGG to do their utmost to avoid forcing us to update windows.
"lol cuz U R pir8!"

uh no... because windows update can take 12-72 hours to complete. its absolutely
abysmal and one of the most fundementally insane design quirks means that even 1
update thats 478kilobytes.... not even a meg... can take hours and hours.

theres blogs detailing why this is... the new vista up to current update is
a game breaker. worst update system anyone has ever seen.

the older your install the longer the update.... dont make me reinstall 7 fresh
just to play poe. on the plus... updating it will be faster at that point than
it would be now!
"Fixed several armour modifiers not affecting armour against projectile hits, or affecting it incorrectly. This included all armour granted by body armours."

Finally, thanks GGG.
:D :D :D
"
There is a known issue where the 64 bit client will not work if the DirectX 11.1 runtime is not installed. If you have this problem, you will need to fully update your copy of Windows with Windows Update. We will address this issue in an upcoming patch.

how do I fix this? Windows update says im up to date.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
FYI I don't see a 'launch the 64-bit version' when I right-click PoE in steam. Nor is there an option under properties.

I am able to go to my SteamApps folder and launch the 64-bit exe from there.
yeah ...thanks no melee.... . this game is still

PATH OF RANGED "ATTACK" w/e ..........RIP.
Knowledge is power. Guard it well ,Blood Ravens.
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
.... "There is a known issue where the 64 bit client will not work if the DirectX 11.1 runtime is not installed. If you have this problem, you will need to fully update your copy of Windows with Windows Update. We will address this issue in an upcoming patch."

I IMPLORE GGG to do their utmost to avoid forcing us to update windows.
"lol cuz U R pir8!"

uh no... because windows update can take 12-72 hours to complete. its absolutely
abysmal and one of the most fundementally insane design quirks means that even 1
update thats 478kilobytes.... not even a meg... can take hours and hours.

theres blogs detailing why this is... the new vista up to current update is
a game breaker. worst update system anyone has ever seen.

the older your install the longer the update.... dont make me reinstall 7 fresh
just to play poe. on the plus... updating it will be faster at that point than
it would be now!

Not our fault you NEVER update windows
If it takes this long to update you shouldnt be playing poe... you just make us lag moar Kappa

I on the otherhand always update dont see any reason not to
Got 3.7GiB of updates for PoE just for none of the things in this changelog to be in the game, and no 64-bit version is available (no binary in the game's directory and no option in Steam's interface).
What's was in that update?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info