bought some tabs, and a Currency Tab - feedback

only now I realize just how much utter torture it was, playing for so long without them.
got worse over time, with the introduction of more Gems, and Jewels, and Cards, and new base items...

it feels like escaping hell.

every comment I have ever made, regarding how much advantage and power tabs hold - compared to "the usual" cosmetic MTX - now seems true times infinity to me, and then some.

please, consider increasing the amount of tabs a player gets on a new account.
and please, remove that ridiculously small stack size limitation on currency.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 5, 2016, 8:55:00 AM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2016, 12:26:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
and remove one of their most steady incomes ?

i dont think it will ever happen
Last edited by DanishGrinder on Nov 5, 2016, 7:54:26 AM
"
and remove one of their most steady incomes ?

i dont think it will ever happen

steady? yes.

but that thing where you limit the players without, is a dick move which does not belong in a game by the kind of company I still believe GGG is.
from the kind of people whose approach to an ARPG is why I initially started playing this awesome game, all those years ago.

I'm referring to currency stacks, of course. the biggest damn "dick move" example.
when you can do 10 Chaos per stack or 5000 in the Currency Tab - that's utter BS.
so don't do 10 per stack.
I'll still have the convenience of having all my orbs in one place and elegantly ordered - but by no means the advantage of doing something another player with "just normal MTX" cannot.

and the same applies to a lesser extent to Premium Tabs (especially if you trade), and to just plain more tabs.

so GGG, make more cosmetic MTX instead: pets. skills. weapons and armor effects. hideout decorations. maybe even more categories.
that awesome camera angle you use for Build Of The week videos, can be a great MTX.

tab sales are steady revenue, but not something worth selling your souls for.
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 5, 2016, 8:58:13 AM
i know what you mean, and yes buying these things is an advantage, but with dedication and muling skills, it is only a fraction of time we who paid this safe..

ggg give you like 30? free character tabs. that should be muling space enough if you do not wanna pay i little extra for life quality in a free to play game.
"
i know what you mean, and yes buying these things is an advantage, but with dedication and muling skills, it is only a fraction of time we who paid this safe..

(...)

You vastly underestimate how useful having extra tabs is, especially premium ones.

Currency, for example, is very invasive. You need to constantly look for players willing to buy smaller ones or trade them up at vendors (if it is even possible) in order to avoid letting it clutter multiple tabs.
Then there's the huge mess of maps, offerings, fragments, etc...
This means any element that isn't absolutelt crucial needs to be thrown away. No putting items in your stash during labyrinth runs. No selling through poe.trade. etc...
i dont underestimate the advantage. i am just saying, you have 30 charactar tabs. if u you are missing space to store items and DO NOT wanna pay a little amount of money for life quality, then the problem is all on you.

Path of exile is a free to play game. and there is few future´s, that is implementet in this game, so ggg can earn a buck or 2, so they can pay wages, and keep sustain the game + renew it from time to time.

if you feel that ggg owe you anything, think again they dont. they allready provided you with one of best games avaiable, ALL FREE.

get the stick out of your cheap asses, and help us support them with money so they can keep the standard of the game UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not about sticks and cheap asses man. I could buy the most expensive Supporter Pack, and spend it all on MTX.
I know some people did.

Tabs, Premium Tabs, and Currency Tab isn't MTX.
it's fkn P2W.
and I can see that clearer than ever, now that I bought them.

it was Dante's Inferno without them. I did the chars/mules trick, and crafting benches storage, and Guild Tabs storage for over 3 fkn years.
not theory, practice. painful practice.
now the pain is gone.
a new player should not go through what I went through.

GGG know better.
Yea, i don't get it either John. You could argue that at the start of PoE you'd only ever need more than 4 tabs if you had a hoarding problem. Now it seems that devs are purposefully creating hoarding problems with all sorts of fragments, div cards, more maps, essences etc. Then you could go for real non p2w cosmetic mtxs and not for more tabs if you wanted. Then, you could freely advertise PoE as being f2p to your friends. Nowadays you can't.

Also, the trading improvements being exclusive to premium tabs made no sense. Why not have predictive mode also being a payable unlockable option? I am pretty sure they worked more on the desync problem than the trading one.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Nov 6, 2016, 4:40:03 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Also, the trading improvements being exclusive to premium tabs made no sense. Why not have predictive mode also being a payable unlockable option? I am pretty sure they worked more on the desync problem than the trading one.

Because then no one would have a point in arguing that PoE gives even the appearence of a F2P game, and trade even if GGG's says it's a "core element" (without a proper trade system that should allow at least to trade with people that are offline when you're online on the same goddamn league, but with a nice 3-rd party Auction House and a barter system viable in the Stone Age), can just have a bone tossed once in a while and call it "huge improvement"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
nothing new

stash tabs and esp premium stash tabs add functionality to the game (unlike 100% cosmetic MTXs) and as such are and always were p2w

in closed and open beta it was possible (albeit pretty bad) to play with 4 tabs. it is possible to play that way now ofc but calling it pleasing is lying. essences alone take ENTIRE tab if one wants to collect all of them (this ofc makes no sense but still).

people can be picky with items and sell via 3rd party software, do not keep anything non-mirror worthy / not for their build etc but this is playing with one hand cut off

currency tab.. do not get me started on that:
Unavailable

this ofc is - again - taken to the extreme but still.

calling this game f2p is pushing the sanity limits (note: i have nothing against paying for stuff, i did that and will do so in the future - no problem. where i see the problem is creating a FALSE impression of this game being 100% ethical f2p. it isnt. you can PLAY it for free - true. but call this full experience - and you are no longer in the 'ethical' territory. it is not the full experience)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info