Scorching Ray Skill Gem Mechanics

Since it burns without igniting, the skill was built for Elemental Focus. Pile on the damage multipliers because spells weren't already imbalanced enough!

* Elemental Focus
* Controlled Destruction
* Rapid Decay
* Faster Casting
* Increased Burning Damage

Meanwhile, since the skill doesn't "hit" (and thus can't be used with Fire Penetration), you can use Orb of Storms or something to tack on a couple more.

* Elemental Equilibrium
* Elemental Overload

But the skill removes enemy fire resistance, so once you start lowering their resistance you effectively get it anyway.

* Fire Penetration

Then, since the state of the game is such that high-tier damage isn't survivable without going with an ES build, you roll CI with the eventual goal of going low-life, and then you can add another multiplier.

* Pain Attunement

But at least it's not a Blade Vortex Pathfinder, right?
https://redd.it/p0hyul
I sense heirophant's will make great use of this skill templar can be great cursebots in this situation.
So, from the standpoint of mechanics, what are the differences between this one and Incinerate? They look awfully alike to my (untrained) eye.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Incinerate can be supported with projectiles and can fire in stages.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Great!!!
Sounds pretty good, well done.
Great, but when will ignite builds be viable against Atziri and the Shaper?
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Not sure how this works out with self casting, but with totems, it will be a lot of FUN. :)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

THE ENEMY IS IN THE BEAM.
So in 2.5 we'll be able to fight Shock and Horror with a Beam of our own.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info