Progress Update for 2.4.2

Are you kidding me? release the skills already holy shit, a month, 2 weeks and now another 2 weeks minimum. Fucking wow.

You know what fuck the skills. Probably shit anyway.
Last edited by NetherPrime on Oct 28, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
"
Xirgu wrote:
I really cannot understand how everyone is hyped about an apology about a delay..

Because other companies wouldn't have to give us this update, because they never would've shared their timetable with us. What people are happy about is that GGG are being so open and communicative. It's very difficult to plan for, and have a schedule account for, unforeseen delays or difficulties encountered because they're - y'know - unforeseen.

The delay of the new skills is minimal *, DirectX 11 is happening sooner than we had anticipated, and GGG are keeping is in the loop instead of "we hope to have DX11 by end of 2016/early 2017" which is what many other companies would have said in their place. If you want to be told the plan in advance then you have to be prepared for it to change - otherwise, well... I'm not sure why you're here, to be honest. You're not being forced to read their forward-looking posts.

* I'm not saying the overall delay of the skills has been minimal, but rather the patch 2.4.2 which hasn't been pushed back much while being merged with patch 2.4.3 (which is ahead of schedule).
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Xirgu wrote:
I really cannot understand how everyone is hyped about an apology about a delay..

Because other companies wouldn't have to give us this update

I would rather never hear about these skills again.
I have an idea what this cool little piece of tech might be, knowing DX11 and the current game engine, but I will follow the secrecy and see if I was right when the patch lands.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
cloaked hype !
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
There's also a cool little piece of tech in 2.4.2 that we haven't talked about yet, but we're going to leave it cloaked in secrecy for now…

we have restored Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate to original value +1000 to maximum life and also increased life nodes in passive skill tree to match ES values? maybe? :D

and really wonder how channeling skills will be because:

The problem with a channel spell is that it has to be OP as hell to justify standing still. Mobility is your #1 form of survivability. If you stand still in the game, you get hit a lot more than you do if you are mobile. This is the problem with channel spells.
Last edited by Tomikxx on Oct 28, 2016, 1:53:41 PM
What now... technical improvements are going to be secret just like recipes? Totally BS.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Maybe they finally add Ctrl+F feature in skill tree. And cloacked it.
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.
Last edited by farmazongold on Oct 28, 2016, 2:37:31 PM
they probly saw the player numbers go down drastically too since atlas, damage control at it's finest.

but hey, 3 new skills right, after 5 years they can't even balance melee skills but let's add some more :D
IGN: Bluntexile
Ty for the wonderfull news Sameload
Last edited by galuf on Oct 28, 2016, 5:47:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info