Weekend of Races!

I love how people are still managing to complain about this stuff?

First and foremost, everything they do and work on is for a game you're playing for FREE, remember that before you start throwing your lego about.

The fact we get new leagues every three months (With racing inbetween), along with balance changes, new skills, talent tweaks along with additional content is pretty crazy and frankly I find that absolutely fantastic, it's rare to see people working on a game they quite clearly love.

The expansion packs also offer a whole lot and always seem to breathe new life into the game. I recall a time when Dominus was considered scary to fight at pretty much any stage, then act 4 came about and quite literally showed us true terror.

'Uhhh 3 day race wtf lazy'

I mean, i'd rather them work on new, revitalising content that seems to provide a whole new experience to the game which is available to everyone, than focus on races in which the same people always win in anyway because they're the ones that have the time and knowledge to put into it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy races, but you aren't getting much if anything from it if you're not either first, or at the very least top 5 in every race.

Honestly, keep up the great work, sure there's kinks here and there but that comes with every game, at the very least you guys seem to try and make compromises or provide answers, compared to most companies that would just ignore everything.
"
Corvino wrote:

Super happy about the racing format, the rewards and the shortened schedule. But more access to events, it makes me very happy as an "old faithful" with my on again off again love affair to PoE racing and reward dissatisfaction.

I'm happy on all fronts. Especially the random top 10 of the top 50. Means more people can have access to rewards so hopefully less Reddit whining all around.

Good job on the build of the week series btw Bex, although I miss "Hi I'm Chris Wilson" You have definitely grown on me haha

It's a shame that racing is never promoted ingame or on the website before the dropoff mid-league. The only promotion is when it's announced at the point when most new players would be playing something else, taking a break or not coming back.

After playing for 3 years it's disappointing to see comments like "our race season attendance has been getting worse season after season". I agree that "improvements like asynchronous racing will solve this" but if the format is never promoted or even mentioned up to 1 week before the start date, what the hell do you expect?

I would expect poor attendance, especially from players that have jobs they need to book time off for and I can guess that 1 weeks notice just doesn't cut it in some workplaces.

In my opinion Decent Champions and Endless Ledge is great content, second only to fresh league start exhilaration. I wish that it could be added in some way in a regular mini event once every second weekend or month.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
Thejimmylad wrote:
I love how people are still managing to complain about this stuff?

First and foremost, everything they do and work on is for a game you're playing for FREE, remember that before you start throwing your lego about.

The fact we get new leagues every three months (With racing inbetween), along with balance changes, new skills, talent tweaks along with additional content is pretty crazy and frankly I find that absolutely fantastic, it's rare to see people working on a game they quite clearly love.

The expansion packs also offer a whole lot and always seem to breathe new life into the game. I recall a time when Dominus was considered scary to fight at pretty much any stage, then act 4 came about and quite literally showed us true terror.

'Uhhh 3 day race wtf lazy'

I mean, i'd rather them work on new, revitalising content that seems to provide a whole new experience to the game which is available to everyone, than focus on races in which the same people always win in anyway because they're the ones that have the time and knowledge to put into it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy races, but you aren't getting much if anything from it if you're not either first, or at the very least top 5 in every race.

Honestly, keep up the great work, sure there's kinks here and there but that comes with every game, at the very least you guys seem to try and make compromises or provide answers, compared to most companies that would just ignore everything.

You do realise that you didn't get that regal supporter badge for FREE right? and if you have any non-league MTX or extra stash tabs they're not FREE either :)

Secondly you are comparing apples and oranges by inferring that players should just be happy they get 3 mth leagues. 'Uhhh 3 day race wtf lazy' Well, yeah considing it was mentioned they could be thrown together in about 10mins, it's literally copy and paste the mods and decide a start time, they don't have to build them from the ground up every single time :P

For the most part there will be always whinges about what rewards should be or how they should be rewarded, it's to be expected. But, what really irks me is the poor communication and marketing at short notice, everytime. It's something that said would not happen again and it has. Hell we have even had 'sorry no racing this league' before.

I feel the only thing that could be done worse apart from removing any prizes is to not announce it at all and just load a season in on the day.

Game 8/10, Overall Commmunication 7/10, Racing Communication 2/10 (I added 0.5 for the apology and 1.5 is for putting it on the front page with some useful links).

Last edited by Vaydra on Oct 27, 2016, 10:05:03 PM
You realise that you can play the game without the supporting badges or MTX's, right? I mean that's the whole idea behind it, I decided to support them on my own free will because I feel they deserve it for the level of work they do for a FREE TO PLAY game, most of which don't turn out that great. Thinking otherwise is just simply childish.

The game itself far excels any and all over 'ARPG's' out there so far, ones that have borderline costs and yet manage to provide less, whilst barely ever getting the constant updates that PoE gets over the months. Even in between leagues do we get small patches to not only fix bugs, but even small additional content.

Believe it or not things CAN change from when he said that. People used to say we wouldn't be able to contact each other across the world via quicker means, let alone fly to such places. It's literally the same concept here, perhaps at the time yeah it was easy for them to throw together races and let 'em loose within the space of 10 minutes. But those races still require management and uptime during the races, with people constantly complaining they didn't get their item the day after. Perhaps their focus is more on the future patches and expansions to come, which add a lot more to the base game as a whole? Perhaps they were looking to bring in another racing season but the workload became too much? Again, we're talking about realism here, lets wake up a little shall we.

Whenever races do happen, all I see is multiple people complaining because they never get the chance to get anything from them because of life commitments, the only people that do are the top 10 (maybe?) streamers who mess up their sleep schedule simply to be at every single one. I don't think they're bad, just that I'm glad they're focusing their time on things available to EVERYONE.

Whenever issues or bugs come about on the forums or reddit, I usually see Chris or SOMEONE responding within the hour to provide information, most gaming companies barely even get to you within a week, and then probably wont fix it until a month, especially the much bigger companies with a LOT more money and employees behind it, unless it's a MAJOR issue (Like regarding money etc.)

I just don't understand the complaining? You've got a weekend of races, a mini-event to tide over for a bit whilst they're focused on bringing you far better things in the future, they didn't even have to do that.
"
Thejimmylad wrote:

I just don't understand the complaining? You've got a weekend of races, a mini-event to tide over for a bit whilst they're focused on bringing you far better things in the future, they didn't even have to do that.

I can see that you are happy with the way things are and that's fine.

Personally I hate it when companies say they will do something and then leave it to the last minute to do exactly what they said they wouldn't do the last time it happened.

There's a reason Chris apologized. It's because they did it again!

I don't think that you are addressing the main points people are getting at by sort of saying it's a FREE TO PLAY game and it's childish to complain because its FREE TO PLAY.

There's no question in my opinion POE is one of the top games of any category, that's why I support it too.

It's sort of like here's your Birthday cake, sorry it's a cupcake. Dad and I had a meeting about it and we were just too busy to let you know until now. Anyway, Happy Birthday :S
Last edited by Vaydra on Oct 28, 2016, 5:19:51 AM
Not excited about races, because races are poorly incentivized, have little to no in-game info on them, and it's just not my thing in any way, shape, or form.

Just putting it out there that if GGG is wondering why races aren't popular, well, there's a good chunk of us that had no idea what races were for months after starting the game, and had to do research just to figure it out. Once figuring it out, aside from the slight entertainment value of watching some streamers race, I saw little other point to them.

Would prefer real endgame content, Ascendancy points being unlocked from Lab, and skills that activate when buttons are pressed instead of on a a delay, rather than dev time spent on races, personally, but that's just me.

Also, an RNG chance that you win a prize, even for the top "x"? Wow, harsh, why bother trying? Give people who are sick of overwhelming amounts of RNG more RNG, makes total sense.
Cool rewards but again it's random , can be bothered to race only to get the D at the end cuz some computer algorithm said so .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Oct 28, 2016, 12:29:34 PM
Quite disappointed they decided to throw this together over such a short span of time. It's good that there's something and I understand that they don't want to tie up resources making alt art from scratch if they're too busy on the next release, but I would rather they spread out the time to be over 2 weeks. Random rewards is really meh with me so I don't think I'll really do more than a few. At least it gives extra time to finish up some of the league challenges I guess.
can i play in party or all of those races solo only?
a f2p BUSINESS MODEL doesn't exempt the devs from criticism or any shortfalls.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info