[2.5] CoC Vortex Elementalist *Insane dps* 2-3 shot Guardians - Shaper down! [Video Inside]

"
bSun0000 wrote:

Attack speed is not a problem in this build..

it's not a problem but it can be usefull. more attacks per second = more crit rolls etc

But..

in this build ( without almost any IAS ) is still better to go for higher crit with lower AS
lvl 88 now.
tried the minotaur. First time ever. Played last time 2014. So I was a little noobish. Chisseld the map, rolled them, and then vaal orb to get the bonus after I done.... ... got faster boss and dmg. Got the minotaur to 75% hp then got oneshotted. after that I could not fight the fight everything was full of stone elemetars and stone rain and I found not back to the fight and lost. :/

to the gear update. Buyed only 3xjewels with crit multi, spell dmg and area dmg.
the chayula update is to expensive for 400chaos right now.

--- TEMPUS FUGIT ---
Regarding what damage double dips i think that's how it is:

Vortex with pyre:
Spell dmg: initial hit, no double dip on ignite, dd on cold degen
Elemental dmg: initial hit, dd on ignite, no dd on cold degen
Fire dmg: initial hit, dd on ignite, no dd on cold degen
Cold dmg: initial hit, no dd on ignite, no dd on cold degen,
Area dmg; initial hit, no dd on ignite, dd on cold degen (? - since it's area based)

No pyre:
Spell dmg: initial hit, dd on cold degen
Elemental: only initial hit
Cold: as above
Area: initial and dd on cold degen

Am I correct?
"
zygiert wrote:

Am I correct?

The following modifiers will directly affect the damage of Ignite:

- Damage over Time modifiers
- Burning Damage modifiers
- Damage modifiers
- Fire Damage modifiers
- Elemental Damage modifiers
- Area Damage modifiers if applied by an Area skill
^^^ Vortex is an AoE skill.

- Projectile Damage modifiers if applied by a Projectile skill
- Trap Damage modifiers if applied by a Trap
- Mine Damage modifiers if applied by a Mine
- Totem Damage modifiers if applied by a Totem
- Minion Damage modifiers if applied by a Minion
bump for 2.6.
"
bSun0000 wrote:
"
zygiert wrote:
Why is the elemental weakness better than flammability?

Pretty same values, but ele. weakness gives you -% resistances for all elem. damage - more healing from Vinktar bottle.

"
zygiert wrote:
What makes spell damage so much better?

Double dipping. If i'm not misunderstanding something, plain fire damage does not gives you additional burning damage with Vortex (Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time stat).

"
zygiert wrote:
So it's just base vortex cold damage converted to fire and then affected by: spell, elemental, fire, area ?

You can look at your dps on tooltip, spend one regret and watch how it will work. DPS will stay the same..

both fire and elemental damage will work similar to spell damage for vortex, since they both increase the initial hit and also the burn dmg.
The build looks really nice, thanks for the work and the support.

Orb of Storm is for EE and for one Curse - but self cast, right?
the other curses are self cast to?

Never played a LL build, so sry for my (maybe totally stupid questions).
Shavs works with pain attunement but CI didnt work with it?
If yes i understand why Sahv is so important for the build, if not - why do we need Shav? ;)

Would it be possible to switch to dark consuming+ soulmantel+CI for chaos/poison?
Or is the damage loss for ignite to poison to big?
"
team5ive wrote:
The build looks really nice, thanks for the work and the support.

Orb of Storm is for EE and for one Curse - but self cast, right?
the other curses are self cast to?

Never played a LL build, so sry for my (maybe totally stupid questions).
Shavs works with pain attunement but CI didnt work with it?
If yes i understand why Sahv is so important for the build, if not - why do we need Shav? ;)

Would it be possible to switch to dark consuming+ soulmantel+CI for chaos/poison?
Or is the damage loss for ignite to poison to big?

Orb of Storm is not self-casted, you need to place it manually.

Curses are auras, you don't need to cast it, just activate once.

Pain att. is not working with CI, with 1/1 hp you are always on Full Life.

Consuming Dark in this build will not work very well - if you do everything right, anything below Tier 16 must die in one shot. (all kind of trash, bosses on T15, etc);
If you want chaos - look at CwC Poison Vortex build.

Shavrone is important because this is your only one option to go Low Life (and not to die from chaos every-time). Low life gives you possibility to run even more curses, auras, etc not only using a manna, but life too. Plus Pain Att. node gives you 30% MORE Spell Damage - it is multiplier to your damage.

PS: It is possible to run this build with CI, but you will lack on damage on Guardians.
thx for all the information @ bsun

understand most of it - but unfortunatelly not all ;)
discipline and clarity are auras - you cast them only once.

falmability, blasphemy, assasinsmark and elemental weakness are curses and we have to "cast" them.
elemental weakness is linkt with curse on hit and orb of storms in the boots - so i had to cast or place that orb - ist nothing what is done by any kind of automatism for me. but what is with the other 3 curses (falmability, blasphemy, assasinsmark)? they are just to switch? i have +1 curse on the ring and on the amu, that means i place 2 of that 3 by my self? only in boss fights?

just want to understand the workaround...
1.whriling form pack to pack, cyclone and booom or is it
2.whirling from pack to pack, palce orb, plac curse 2, place curse 3, cyclone and booom :)

in the vid it seems (most of the time) to be part 1 ;)
Last edited by team5ive on Feb 16, 2017, 8:41:12 AM
"
team5ive wrote:

understand most of it - but unfortunatelly not all ;)

Can you at least read the description of blasphemy? This is not a curse. It is support gem, who converts curses to auras.

And you don't need to cast Orb on pack of mobs (if you use assasinsmark as aura) - just on bosses. Curse on this orb is also does not needed actually, i use this skill just to generate Power charges on single targets. (Orb -> Inc. Crits -> Power charge on crit)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info