[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
Askelar wrote:
Im still newbish - i have someone slowly coaching me on whats dumb and whats not - and im doing an ele-crit ice shot build. Would love some tips.

^
Is the skill tree ive made. Its running double andvarius rings and an ignomon. I dont really know what to use in jewelry so im just using MF stuff...

Ill be running deaths harp/ deaths opus with the deadeye endless munitions for a free LMP, and when i hit level 64 ill also get a silvertongue for bleed on the second weapon slot.

I would try to stick with the skill trees you find in popular threads until you learn lots about the game. If you wanted to go MF there was a nice post about one at the top of page 36, I haven't looked into his build but on the surface it looks good.

When it comes to Slivertongue since you took the Winter's Spirit node your Ice Shot has no physical damage so it can't bleed at all. It would still get the crit chance bonuses if you set it up correctly though.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
Wyvpank7 wrote:
Hi, you set Herald of ice+COH+Mark in a 3 links, but which spell will use to active the mark?

"
Le_Phato wrote:
Hi! I just have one question, how do you proc the extra power charge? I get the frenzy one but I don't from which gem do you get the power charge

When you have Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark when you shatter an enemy the Herald will do a 360 explosion of ice this applies the Assassins Mark to nearby enemies and when you kill those enemies you have a chance to gain a power charge from Assassins Mark.

Oh! I did not knew that, thank you!
"
Wyvpank7 wrote:
Great, so we don't need a secondary skill to spread the curse!
Last question; i've reached lvl 5o and i'm searching for a better bow and specific gear for more dmg, have some advice?
TNX

Aside from rare gear that has life, crit chance/multi, and flat physical damage. Death's Opus, Lioneye's Glare, Chin Sol, and Slivertongue will all be powerful (and usually cheap) bows, a well rolled rare with immense physical damage will give you a more powerful hit though these are usually many exalts to get.

As far as damage goes the Rat's Nest helm and Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves will bump up your damage through crit chance, multi , and attack speed. The physical damage version of Doryani's Invitation is a quick way to bump damage a little but you will be skipping out on the possible life a leather belt can give you.

Other than that, just leveling gems and getting the passive tree finished will give you more damage. Also trying to get as many links as you can for your two attack skills.
What's the highest you have cleared with this build? I've completed Tier 12, but have not had T13 drop, so I can't try anything higher. Using 6L Slivertongue + Rigwald's...about 4k life. You can check profile if you want to know specifics. Most fun build I've played. I question Blast Rain though because it sucks mana and seems "slow". Currently testing Barrage with Culling Strike Support.

Thanks
"
Lycai wrote:
What's the highest you have cleared with this build? I've completed Tier 12, but have not had T13 drop, so I can't try anything higher. Using 6L Slivertongue + Rigwald's...about 4k life. You can check profile if you want to know specifics. Most fun build I've played. I question Blast Rain though because it sucks mana and seems "slow". Currently testing Barrage with Culling Strike Support.

Thanks

I have a T14 shaped Promenade video on the front page. At this moment, I don't plan to do the temp league for the 3.0 launch and that will open time for me to play on my more fun and powerful builds stuck back in standard and create a few more videos (maybe even some clips of content that are a bit too much to take and can kill me repeatedly) to show how hard the build can be pushed and where its limitations are.

I have used it to clear the guardians maps (T16 for any wondering) but I use dedicated boss killers to take on the guardian.

The Blast rain vs Barrage question has been brought up multiple times. I started with Blast Rain and played it over and over in different leagues and over time I'm used to it. This will most likely end in a playstyle answer as most have used Barrage in previous builds and just feel more comfortable with it.

Since the build was made to use Deadeye and I enjoy that ascendancy the most, my endgame bow has become Slivertongue. Which has no extra projectiles and would need a LMP/GMP to scale Barrage where I can use a "more" damage multiplier with Blast Rain.
Would love some feedback at where I'm at right now with gear and the passive tree. I'm having a hard time progressing beyond tier3/4 maps without getting utterly destroyed by a boss/unique monster. I'm assuming my health is too low, but for the life of me I can't see how I can get much more going. Damage output is decent, usually most trash dies to a single hit or two of Ice Shot and it just depends on the monster with Blast Rain.

Any advice? I'm playing in the SSF league which is quite enjoyable, (not really - I consistently get uniques that are not for my class) but spending currency on my gear, rather than trying to save it to buy items, is fun.

Hopefully there is something I'm missing or is it just "get more health, duh?"

:) Thanks in advance!
"
Polrayne wrote:
Would love some feedback at where I'm at right now with gear and the passive tree. I'm having a hard time progressing beyond tier3/4 maps without getting utterly destroyed by a boss/unique monster. I'm assuming my health is too low, but for the life of me I can't see how I can get much more going. Damage output is decent, usually most trash dies to a single hit or two of Ice Shot and it just depends on the monster with Blast Rain.

Any advice? I'm playing in the SSF league which is quite enjoyable, (not really - I consistently get uniques that are not for my class) but spending currency on my gear, rather than trying to save it to buy items, is fun.

Hopefully there is something I'm missing or is it just "get more health, duh?"

:) Thanks in advance!

I think the SSF part is what is going to slow you down because you are relying on luck to get you the gear you need or spamming currency to roll it. I haven't tried SSF with this build so I don't know where you are going to get stuck but looking at your gear I can only assume that's what is happening.

I feel like SSF was made to be an "I did it without help from anyone" league. You set your goal and once you get there you either drop the toon and do something else or set a new goal. Where I see that some may like this, I enjoy playing with friends so I will probably never know what it's like to have to deal with things alone.
Hi Xenovenom, Thanks for the guide and the effort to keep it up to date.

So far I realy love it to see all those mobb getting one shot byt one hit of Ice shot. I'm kind sad there isn't a single target gem that is Ice basse as well and that is not a spell but a projectil lol. Maybe in 3.0 who knows.

My question would be witch gem should I start upgrading theire quality? like witch one is really important first and then second etc.
so have put curse on hit support linked with frenzy and assasin mark and GMP and still not seeing any frenzy when I hit a mob an am lvl 75. what am I doing wrong?
I think I've hit the wall of the build for my skill, It's super fast for running shaped strands/shores and the likes, but the average health pool (4 - 4,5 k health) and evasion based defense won't let me push higher content without the occasional one shot from unique bosses and somewhat lacking dps for Blast rain even on a 6 link Chin Sol, mind it's very powerful for t11-t12, but for stronger targets or moving ones with lots of hp, things get kind of ugly.
Beyond t11-t12 you don't scale well enough atleast for my Raider for single target, maybe with huge investment in gear, but I'm sure at that moment you're past the point where you've done good with a cheap build and you might aswell reroll something that benefits more from what you pay for.
So, objective accomplished, I'll keep it for farming strand and might reroll something else for pushing maps.
Great guide and thread, it delivered on everything it promised:
Cheap, fast, strong and with a badass freezing sound spam.
I've learnt a lot from leveling this build, will stick around to see it evolving :)

p.s. I was thinking of slotting a Kaom's Heart in the chest and weapon switching for Ice shot / Blast rain for AOE/Single target respectively.
I fear losing so much evasion though... It's something I could try!
I kind of wish weapon swapping would get some love as you can't place two different skills on the same bar slot and you can't weapon swap while attacking, you need to stop for a split second and weapon swap.

"
sevenwoods58 wrote:
so have put curse on hit support linked with frenzy and assasin mark and GMP and still not seeing any frenzy when I hit a mob an am lvl 75. what am I doing wrong?

Assassin's mark gives you Power charges.
I don't wanna ask what's frenzy haha.
You're supposed to link Curse on Hit and Assassin's mark with Herald of Ice, that's how you'll get power charges, after killing a Shattered enemy, basically an enemy you have killed while frozen, this status applied from an Ice damage crit, the aoe damage from Herald of Ice will spread the Assassin's mark and you can get power charges from killing such enemies, those will help in keeping your crit chance high as each gives 5% critical chance stacking cumulatively.

You get Frenzy charges either as a Raider and with Way of the Poacher, or you get an Ice Bite support skill in your ice shot if you want them.

Take your time and read the skill gems carefully, you got it wrong, frenzy is a skill that benefits from frenzy charges, but it doesn't generate any, what you're looking for are probably these Frenzy Charges, as I've said you can either get them from passive nodes such as the Raider ascendancy or a skill gem such as Ice Bite, or there are other item options but none too interesting for this build afaik.
Last edited by torokfremen on Mar 21, 2017, 10:15:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info