[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

was havin a blond moment there sorry. I got it right now silly me lol still love this build it does rock!
"
Polrayne wrote:
Would love some feedback at where I'm at right now with gear and the passive tree. I'm having a hard time progressing beyond tier3/4 maps without getting utterly destroyed by a boss/unique monster. I'm assuming my health is too low, but for the life of me I can't see how I can get much more going. Damage output is decent, usually most trash dies to a single hit or two of Ice Shot and it just depends on the monster with Blast Rain.

Any advice? I'm playing in the SSF league which is quite enjoyable, (not really - I consistently get uniques that are not for my class) but spending currency on my gear, rather than trying to save it to buy items, is fun.

Hopefully there is something I'm missing or is it just "get more health, duh?"

:) Thanks in advance!

SSF is a whole different ballgame on how you approach this type of build. You have to negotiate the tree to min/max damage and HP as best as possible with you know "stuff that drops, etc." and you are spending tons of currency trying to keep resists maxed as you min/max the other two.

On a side note: It is real hard playing bow builds in general with HP/Evasion since evasion is just flat out broken overall. If I die again I may swing over to the witch/ES for a larger HP pool in ES overall yet SSF is just a grind and totally different then trading to get what you want.

It is addictive though when you want a slight change with your standard toons and want to dabble in the water of the new leagues.
Is the death harp better then Nuros harp, before you get your death opus or slivertounge or whatever?
On the skill point tree, Golem's blood (south part of tree) seems a bit out of the way to pick up the three skills there for a total of +20% life.

What do you think about taking Hired Killer instead? We don't have to go out of the way at all and we get 3 skills for +14% life and +20 life gained on Kill.

Another possible option is Nullification for the life, evasion, and elemental resistances?

Doing this could free up 2-3 pts.

Thanks
should allow us to view your characters so we may see what your doing
"
mauditevie wrote:
My question would be witch gem should I start upgrading the quality? like witch one is really important first and then second etc.

First two I would do would be the attack skills, then Ice Shot supports followed by Blast Rain supports. Assuming all your gems don't hit 20 at the same time after that just quality them as you go. (Also assuming you're doing the vendor recipe and not putting 20 GCPs into them).
"
Hasiboo wrote:
Is the death harp better then Nuros harp, before you get your death opus or slivertounge or whatever?

Ice Shot and Blast Rain scale based on your bow's physical damage, Nuro's Harp has no physical damage so it would be one of the worst bows you could choose to use.
Last edited by Xenovenom on Mar 23, 2017, 1:53:29 AM
"
Smokinokun01 wrote:
On the skill point tree, Golem's blood (south part of tree) seems a bit out of the way to pick up the three skills there for a total of +20% life.

What do you think about taking Hired Killer instead? We don't have to go out of the way at all and we get 3 skills for +14% life and +20 life gained on Kill.

Another possible option is Nullification for the life, evasion, and elemental resistances?

Doing this could free up 2-3 pts.

Thanks

If you wanted to change it I would drop it for the Written in Blood ES/Life circle, saves you a point and is more point efficient for life to point spent than Hired Killer. Nullification isn't all that great since it gives a small life bonus and the rest is really just fluff.

The usefulness of Golem's Blood is the life regen, if you are getting carried through a lab you can unspec Vaal Pact and you have life regen to help you with traps. this can also be done on the fly if you have enough respec points to do it while you go through the lab yourself. Unspec VP during the trap section and put it back on for Izaro fights.
"
Wildenemy wrote:
You should allow us to view your characters so we may see what your doing.

This has crossed my mind many times over. The problem with it shows when players watch the video on front page and see me with only 2.6k life. I wouldn't want players to see what I'm wearing and think that is the minimum requirement and something they should strive for.

On top of this, I run tests and trials with different gear and gems to find the best way to work the build so it won't always look the same way that the guide states. Currently my Raider version has no gear because it is on the Deadeye and the Deadeye currently has a near max rolled Legacy Reach of the Council.

I love the build and want others to have the same fun I did and I feel showing my rangers will only harm that.
Great build, tons of fun.

I run Lioneye's Fall with this tree.
It is a few points more efficient (and have better stats) than getting the True Strike and Vitality Void notables.

I was wondering if there was a case for using Cold Pen instead of SP in Blast Rain? Penetration is huge vs. bosses but we of course have a decent amount of Fire Damage from the conversion as well.
[Standard league - UTC +2]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info