[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
Can you explain why you use Added Cold Damage instead of something like Faster Projectiles or Increased Physical?

I ask not because I'm questioning the build, but because I don't understand why added cold comes out ahead of more damage. Or is it that added cold is actually more damage after GMP and Chain reduce our output so much? Or does Added Cold add more chance to Freeze on top of Ice Shot and Hatred?
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
"
Can you explain why you use Added Cold Damage instead of something like Faster Projectiles or Increased Physical?

I ask not because I'm questioning the build, but because I don't understand why added cold comes out ahead of more damage. Or is it that added cold is actually more damage after GMP and Chain reduce our output so much? Or does Added Cold add more chance to Freeze on top of Ice Shot and Hatred?

It's no problem I get this one a lot. There is a highly detailed answer on page nine but I've also added a FAQ section onto the guide with a simple answer.
"
MozartKaktus wrote:
Hi really nice build.
I am looking for a ranger ice shoot in HC, i'm gonna pick this one but it's seem really squishy (+120% max heal).

I have worked on the tree for more tanking and less damage. I will start with QotF because I like this chest, maybe switch for Perfect Form and drop Phase Acrobatics.

If you have any other advice, you're welcome.

The build was never actually intended to be viable for HC, you're right on that it is on the low side of life. As a defense, Evasion is very useless in any league because one way or another you're going to get hit and its almost a certain fact that one will kill you one day. I had a friend also change up the tree recently and he did something extremely similar to yours but I doubt that little bit of extra life will do much. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here but you are taking on an uphill battle with this build in HC.
Well i got 1hit so many times...its so sad...probably this build have to much low life :/
Last edited by Balantakos on Dec 27, 2016, 7:30:13 AM
here's the tree with which i died at 89 ... i'm leveling another one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeBfkGIwguCIkKmw2NES8VQxXwFr8ZjiF2Iuoj0yP2JpUqCyo4Kk0wfDIBMpQ1kjnUOuE_J0p9SshNkk3jTipRR1FMVUtbr11oXfJeRV-wYeJh621sbqpvJ2_ycFJ1_XjrelN7FH1bfXV_An8rhG-ExYbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5LzlQWaaprxmyabjZu1oJ-hpKZXpuCn1KxHrcKyGbVItfK748EzwUnDOsSiyNzKSsqpzerPXs96037UI9RC2L3Zxtqx4dvjn-cK53To1um96xTrY-2D73rwu_JF-uv8xf4K_h3-j_66_sg=?accountName=Glissando&characterName=NeObliviscaris

There's really no contest to Reach,i have to say this,even though i literally died the 2nd map i did with it,removing fork and GMP to add ice bite and WED gave me some much dps it was totally worth it.
This was my gear.
Check out the corruption i got on the bow after i died :) If anyone is playing on SC and wants it,lemme know.

Last edited by Glissando on Dec 27, 2016, 8:01:37 AM
I do not know if this has been answered before and I missed it, but what is this build capable of running in regards to endgame[SC]; shapper, guardians, atrizi,uber atrizi, etc?
"
databurst wrote:
I do not know if this has been answered before and I missed it, but what is this build capable of running in regards to endgame[SC]; shapper, guardians, atrizi,uber atrizi, etc?

Atziri is possible but requires you to know the boss mechanics. Everything else is just too much unless you know exactly where to stand to never get hit because a slight breeze from the bosses there will kill you. Unfortunately with each new addition to the game GGG has added more things that require top end builds which just wont be this one, but this one is great for map clearing and currency building.
This looks like a fun build. Fork is under-utilized in many regards.
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.
"
Baronfuming wrote:
This looks like a fun build. Fork is under-utilized in many regards.

I love the fact that you see it as fun, in the end that is what everything is about. I do see the need to have powerful builds to complete other aspects of the game but it is a game and we are supposed to have fun playing it.

Until Slivertongue, fork was very little used compared to pierce or chain. Where Slivertongue did increase this use of the gem I see another opportunity to increase this use with a new div card that gives Rigwald's Quills which makes projectiles fork. With this we no longer need the fork gem which decreased damage and Slivertongue will still have full use on Deadeye. I hoping this combination will bring Slivertongue closer to or better than Reach of the Council making it better for the build due to cost.
Loving the build, had no issues until I started to run high maps where things from off screen would even 1 shot me, dropped a little bit of crit and a tiny bit of damage as well as equipped a new helm/chest/Vaal Grace and now I'm having no issues with high maps.

Was also able to get my life to 4500 with very tiny changes in the skill tree. Also looking to get a Taste of Hate soon

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeBfkGIwguCIkKmw2NES8T2hVDFfAWvxmOIXYi6iPTI_YmlSoLKjgwfDH6MgEylDY9N9Q51Ep9S1dNkk4qUUdVS1uvXWhd8l5FX7Bh4mHrYqxnoGyMbWxvJ2-ecFJ1_Xb3dwd463pTexR9dX8CfyuDCYRvhMWGzocTh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_kvOVBZpqmvGbJpuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-hpKbgp9SxAbIZtUi5fLvjwOPBM8FJwzrEosjcykrKqc9ez3rTftQj1ELZxuHb45_nCud06Nbpvetj7LDtP-2D73rwu_Gz-uv8xf4d_rr-yA==?accountName=adoorable&characterName=Adoorable
Last edited by adoorable on Dec 30, 2016, 10:26:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info