[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
FrakGaming wrote:

How you link your gear here like this?

While you are typing your post you click your character portrait in the top left and it will bring up a window of all you characters and stash. Any item you click will link where your typing cursor was in your post in the order you clicked the items. (Gems will link with the item)

Edit:Cant decide what rings to go for...but probably diamonds!

Updated Gear**** So here is my gear at the moment level 87!

Suggestions????

Last edited by Balantakos on Dec 16, 2016, 5:29:56 PM
Why don't you take Phase Acrobatics? 4 points giving you a really good amount of defense.
"
Jokix10 wrote:
Why don't you take Phase Acrobatics? 4 points giving you a really good amount of defense.

I don't like to rely on passives to help me get out of damage that I could have avoided just by moving. Acrobatics was taken just because it was already connected to the corner of the tree and only one point.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
Jokix10 wrote:

I don't like to rely on passives to help me get out of damage that I could have avoided just by moving. Acrobatics was taken just because it was already connected to the corner of the tree and only one point.

Also, The Perfect Form is a very good armor for this build, which also gives Phase Acrobatics.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
Jokix10 wrote:

Also, The Perfect Form is a very good armor for this build, which also gives Phase Acrobatics.

The Perfect Form I have been very intrigued with, though I have not yet seen the need to dump currency into it and my gear to re-organize my resists to play around with it. If someone has though let me know what you think compared to a rare chest, Queen of the Forest, or Kintsugi. The way the links fall in this build socketing Arctic Armor should be rather easy as well.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
Jokix10 wrote:

Alright, but would you suggest to take it in hardcore league tho? Where every extra defense is very valuable.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
The Perfect Form I have been very intrigued with, though I have not yet seen the need to dump currency into it and my gear to re-organize my resists to play around with it. If someone has though let me know what you think compared to a rare chest, Queen of the Forest, or Kintsugi. The way the links fall in this build socketing Arctic Armor should be rather easy as well.

I'm using The Perfect Form in my take on this build. I was going to use Kintsugi for the damage reduction, but I decided against it and went for the Form. Mainly because it gives a huge amount of evasion, with enough cold resist, it's more than QotF, free Phase Acro, free AA (which means I can run Hatred/HoI without needing Enlighten or points in reservation reductions) and the 10% Dex is surprisingly nice for the added accuracy and evasion.

Do I miss the 20% DR? Yeah I do, of course. But Kintsugi isn't perfect either, hehehe... Many bosses like Izaro have small attacks and minions that can hit you and throw you off "balance" right before taking a massive hit and still get 1 shot with Kintsugi.

Oh, for the rest of my gear, I run with Rat's Nest, Maligaro's gloves, Reach of the Council, and rares for belt, rings, amulet, quiver and boots.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Xenovenom wrote:

I'm using The Perfect Form in my take on this build. I was going to use Kintsugi for the damage reduction, but I decided against it and went for the Form. Mainly because it gives a huge amount of evasion, with enough cold resist, it's more than QotF, free Phase Acro, free AA (which means I can run Hatred/HoI without needing Enlighten or points in reservation reductions) and the 10% Dex is surprisingly nice for the added accuracy and evasion.

Do I miss the 20% DR? Yeah I do, of course. But Kintsugi isn't perfect either, hehehe... Many bosses like Izaro have small attacks and minions that can hit you and throw you off "balance" right before taking a massive hit and still get 1 shot with Kintsugi.

Oh, for the rest of my gear, I run with Rat's Nest, Maligaro's gloves, Reach of the Council, and rares for belt, rings, amulet, quiver and boots.

Can u link your whole gear? Including flasks..Thanks!
Thank you for this nice guide, though I have one question, why are you using added cold damage instead of using added physical damage. The CD skill is just plain cold damage and is not supported by your tree with increased elemental damage whereas added physical damage will scale a lot more with your increased physical damage from your tree and therefore more cold damage will come out of your IS skill.

Edit: by added physical damage I meant Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support
Last edited by blackxdice on Dec 19, 2016, 7:48:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info