[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
Balantakos wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Xenovenom wrote:
The Perfect Form I have been very intrigued with, though I have not yet seen the need to dump currency into it and my gear to re-organize my resists to play around with it. If someone has though let me know what you think compared to a rare chest, Queen of the Forest, or Kintsugi. The way the links fall in this build socketing Arctic Armor should be rather easy as well.

I'm using The Perfect Form in my take on this build. I was going to use Kintsugi for the damage reduction, but I decided against it and went for the Form. Mainly because it gives a huge amount of evasion, with enough cold resist, it's more than QotF, free Phase Acro, free AA (which means I can run Hatred/HoI without needing Enlighten or points in reservation reductions) and the 10% Dex is surprisingly nice for the added accuracy and evasion.

Do I miss the 20% DR? Yeah I do, of course. But Kintsugi isn't perfect either, hehehe... Many bosses like Izaro have small attacks and minions that can hit you and throw you off "balance" right before taking a massive hit and still get 1 shot with Kintsugi.

Oh, for the rest of my gear, I run with Rat's Nest, Maligaro's gloves, Reach of the Council, and rares for belt, rings, amulet, quiver and boots.

Can u link your whole gear? Including flasks..Thanks!

Will do when I'm home. Currently at work on my phone. Annoying enough to reply, let alone link gear. :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

You forgot me lol...:D

Im thinking to invest in a taste of hate flask...is it really worth it?

Whats your opinion? Im having fun with the build, and im looking for ways to improve it more.

My character is open if you wanna check my gear and skill tree on my profile.
"
Balantakos wrote:

Whats your opinion? Im having fun with the build, and im looking for ways to improve it more.

Oh damn, sorry! I had a really busy day yesterday and didn't get home until late and forgot about forums. :P

My gear isn't anything special yet and I don't actually have any flasks yet to speak of, but here's what I use:

Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Balantakos wrote:

I would view it as more of an "Optimization" thing more than "Is one flask better than the other". If you got one that has 25% of phys added as cold then the only thing it has above Atziri's Promise is the 20% of phys damage taken as cold damage and Atziri's will have 15% of elemental damage added as extra chaos and leech chaos damage. Neither is really better than the other but they are both good for their own purpose if you have the currency to toss in.
"
blackxdice wrote:
Thank you for this nice guide, though I have one question, why are you using added cold damage instead of using added physical damage. The CD skill is just plain cold damage and is not supported by your tree with increased elemental damage whereas added physical damage will scale a lot more with your increased physical damage from your tree and therefore more cold damage will come out of your IS skill.

Edit: by added physical damage I meant Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support

I have admittedly avoided this question which I had felt was answered in previous posts but had not actually given any actual data for.

I had decided that I needed to get to the root and put it through tests to see if I was just stubborn with the way I play or I was actually correct. Having a 20/20 Added Cold I bought a 20/20 PPAD to be fair for this comparison.

Standing in the hideout with only my two auras active and the ice golem, the dps amounts are almost exactly the same with PPAD giving such a small amount more physical damage per shot than added cold. I did not consider this a full benefit because you also lost attack speed.

This seemed weird so I decided to try it again with level 1/0% gems to see if quality was tipping this to one side. Oddly enough, PPAD does add a significant (2k dps for me) boost to output which is probably where these questions are coming from.

My final decision is, during the leveling period PPAD may be a better option and I will include that in my notes for when I write out an area for the thread about the leveling process. However, as I only have 65% phys to cold conversion because of a corrupted quiver (and I plan to take this even further) I still have some reservations about changing that.

Im also testing a new quiver for possibilities over a crit quiver and there is a new one coming out in the form of a divination card that may be very viable depending on the price it settles at. Rigwald's Quills makes projectiles fork, this coupled with the Deadeye's free chain, will open an extra socket on Slivertongue which would make it viable to use both added cold and PPAD. It also removes the damage penalty that chain and fork gave increasing damage even more.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
Balantakos wrote:

I would view it as more of an "Optimization" thing more than "Is one flask better than the other". If you got one that has 25% of phys added as cold then the only thing it has above Atziri's Promise is the 20% of phys damage taken as cold damage and Atziri's will have 15% of elemental damage added as extra chaos and leech chaos damage. Neither is really better than the other but they are both good for their own purpose if you have the currency to toss in.

What Flask i replace if i go for the Hate though?
"
Balantakos wrote:

What Flask i replace if i go for the Hate though?

It would replace your Jade flask and become your new defensive flask.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Balantakos wrote:

Oh damn, sorry! I had a really busy day yesterday and didn't get home until late and forgot about forums. :P

My gear isn't anything special yet and I don't actually have any flasks yet to speak of, but here's what I use:

Xavathos I was wondering how you managed to get more evasion using the Form over the QoTF. What is your current cold resistance at and were you in merciless when you checked for the evasion? And why are you using a Sapphire flask? I tested it out and by no means do I think this is completely accurate but 1 percent of cold resistance raises the evasion by about 24-25. So you would need about 120 more resistance to equal the amount of evasion you could get just from using a Jade Flask. Unless there is something I'm not taking into consideration could you please enlighten me. Thank you.
edit: I meant to ask for uncapped resistance in merciless.
edit2: actually the number is closer to 20 using Maligaros and Rat's nest with 79% and 150% inc. eva. rating respectively (I had some boots on that increased it to 24 per 1% unc.cold.res)
edit3: actually I realized that %inc. eva. rating has a huge effect on the amount gained per uncapped resistance. So nevermind. I am but a lowly noob.
Last edited by xTenshi_ on Dec 22, 2016, 4:43:42 PM
Can you explain why you use Added Cold Damage instead of something like Faster Projectiles or Increased Physical?
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
Hi really nice build.
I am looking for a ranger ice shoot in HC, i'm gonna pick this one but it's seem really squishy (+120% max heal).

I have worked on the tree for more tanking and less damage. I will start with QotF because I like this chest, maybe switch for Perfect Form and drop Phase Acrobatics.

If you have any other advice, you're welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info